Skip to main content

Are you the one a couple weeks ago speaking of a bunch of different salts you use? If so, that night went over to a friends who must have a salt fetish. I saw grey,orange, smoked and lots more I can't remember, but they were fun tasting the differences.
quote:
Originally posted by mwagner7700:
My go-to if I'm in a rush and don't want to whip something up: granulated garlic and onion, kosher salt, freshly ground pepper, paprika.

Otherwise, I'll hunt around Weber's Big Book of Grilling for something that strikes my fancy.
quote:
Originally posted by mwagner7700:
For instance, if I can get some fish from the Atlantic, maybe I'll serve some w/ the Atlantic salt, some with the pacific, etc.

Be careful, you may disrupt someting by salting an Atlantic wish with Pacific salt. And under no circmstances should you salt a land creature with sea salt, or wise versa.
Reading all this good advise is sure making my mounth water.

What I do when I am preparing a roast or brisket, is I combine mustard seed, fresh garlic, a few drops of wine (red dry wine) and i use my Granite Mortar & Pestle its the most amazing thing http://www.klinq.com/details.asp?prodID=107462&mtcCat=T...ls.asp|prodid-107462 and make a paste, then I lovingly message my roast with the paste and cook it long and slow.

Then I cook potatoes in the gravy and presto.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.