Limoncello - North Palm Beach

If looking for a decent quality meal this is the place not to go.

Slow inattentive bad service
Over priced wines, poor stemware $ 40 corkage
Small portions serviced poorly, and bland presentation and taste. Waiters had no idea of who ordered what.
When reciting the evening specials he did not list prices, and when asked waiter gave a surly answer 'why can't you afford it?'
Salads were a small handful of wilted taseless greens out of a bag.
Decor old, dated, dirty, noisy and too bright.

Our group of eight rated this place an Olive Garden wanna-be, but not making the grade. Overall: over $ 75/pp [before tip and tax] for low quality.

If in the hood just keep going. There is McD just north of it.
Last edited {1}
Original Post
Ed, I have gone there a couple of times as my aunts and uncles love it. I give the food an ok but I totally agree on the service. Just abysmal!!!! I would never choose to go or recommend it to anyone else.
Pizzeria Uno, Washington D.C. Union Station. Possibly the poorest service I've had in a decade. I gave the waitress a .05 tip, which I handed her. After waiting for the bill for 15 minutes, I went looking for her. She was making out with a guy by the bar. I kid you not.
quote:
Originally posted by Chilicat:
Pizzeria Uno, Washington D.C. Union Station. Possibly the poorest service I've had in a decade. I gave the waitress a .05 tip, which I handed her. After waiting for the bill for 15 minutes, I went looking for her. She was making out with a guy by the bar. I kid you not.

I had something like that years ago at the Tied House. Part of my entree was inedible. Never saw the waiter. Finally flagged down another waiter when we were done (way too late to replace the side). He found the guy out back hanging out with his girlfriend. He was apologizing profusely when he came over, his tone implying he might do something with the check. We ordered dessert, then never saw him again. So much for believing the apology. I got the manager to bring the check (and said 'no' when he asked if I'd like the waiter to bring it). Left about 17 cents tip for a table of 8, and hope he got fired. Haven't been back and always steer others away.
STK, Miami Beach FL.

Food uninspired, poorly prepared and overpriced, wine list embarassingly short, and service that was non-existent (I poured my wine the entire evening). Guy filling the water glases did a great job though.
Restaurant Apni Haweli, in D-D-O, on Sources Blvd.

The WORST Lamb Jalfrezi I've had in my life.
The lamb was gristly and tough. The curry was thin and soupy. ACCK! Eek
quote:
Originally posted by yhn:

I had something like that years ago at the Tied House.

I think at least 2 of my top 10 all time worst services would be at the Tied House in Mountain View and the damn place is impossible to avoid.
Best Service I've ever had: Pizzeria Uno, Washington, D.C., Union Station.

I had lunch at the Bar. Hot waitress. When she asked what I wanted for dessert, I said "You", and we started making out.

I made out with her for 15 minutes before she had to leave because some schlub wanted his bill...
quote:
Originally posted by Rothko:

I had lunch at the Bar. Hot waitress. When she asked what I wanted for dessert, I said "You", and we started making out.

I made out with her for 15 minutes before she had to leave because some schlub wanted his bill...

I see what you did there...

P.S. She wasn't hot...I'm not even sure she was at normal body temp!
At a place that shall remain nameless, because it really is quite good, I watched my waitress walk away from the bar with a tray of drinks, walk about 10 feet, pick up a martini, take a nice slug of it, place it on the tray and...you guessed it...deliver it to me.

Mmmmm.
quote:

This sound like a load of crap. However if it is true then it's even worse.
It's true. I know. I was there.

In fact, 16 minutes before the schlub asked for his check, the waitress had orally finished me off in the bathroom.
quote:
Originally posted by sydthesquid:

In fact, 16 minutes before the schlub asked for his check, the waitress had orally finished me off in the bathroom.

Funny you say that. I was at my favorite spot the other day and this tipsy waitress pulled me into the bathroom for a little...let's just say she knew how to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

Then - without hitting the scope or anything - I saw her pick up some drinks at the bar, take a slug of a poor shlub's martini, and serve it to him!
quote:
Originally posted by chum lee:
quote:

Funny you say that. I was at my favorite spot the other day and this tipsy waitress pulled me into the bathroom for a little...let's just say she knew how to get to the center of a tootsie pop.

Then - without hitting the scope or anything - I saw her pick up some drinks at the bar, take a slug of a poor shlub's martini, and serve it to him!

Yet another reason not to drink martini's at sketchy bars!
quote:
At a place that shall remain nameless, because it really is quite good, I watched my waitress walk away from the bar with a tray of drinks, walk about 10 feet, pick up a martini, take a nice slug of it, place it on the tray and...you guessed it...deliver it to me.

Mmmmm.

I thought Icewino was a male.
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Cabernet:
quote:

This sound like a load of crap. However if it is true then it's even worse.

No, I believe him. I've seen him do it with a few busboys. (Not that there's anything wrong with that.)
quote:
Originally posted by Powell Yang:
Still Ubuntu in Napa for two years running, which is now a Michelin one star restaurant.....

Just lost their head and pastry chefs (hubby and wife team)
Went to Laurenzo's tonight, we were all thoroughly disappointed. My parents ordered their steaks medium-well, and it's ok if I give them a ribbing about it, but the waiter made it a point to ridicule them for their preferences. Angela ordered her filet medium-rare, and it came out past medium but we know better than to send back steaks in a restaurant we don't trust yet.

The saving grace was the chocolate bread pudding which was pretty incredible. We might go back, but we won't order steaks again. Their wine prices were 3x retail, this is the first new restaurant in a while to have such high markup.
quote:
Originally posted by NolanE:Their wine prices were 3x retail, this is the first new restaurant in a while to have such high markup.

Did you order wine?

I've been hearing restaurant wine sales are WAY down here.
No, my family doesn't drink and I don't pay $70 for Educated Guess Cabernet.

Most newer restaurants here are like 1.5-2x max. There are even a few places that have prices lower than retail.
quote:
Originally posted by NolanE:
Went to Laurenzo's tonight, we might go back, but we won't order steaks again. Their wine prices were 3x retail, this is the first new restaurant in a while to have such high markup.

Why would you?
Most reviews we've seen have stated their burgers are great. If we go back we'll get burgers. But I really have no drive to.

I really won't write off a restaurant after only one visit though. I won't definitively say "never again" quite yet.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.