Wines for Chinese New Year

quote:
Originally posted by TallGirl:
you're celebrating?

i was thinking more of a Tsingtao beer or a shot of johnny walker red. Wink

i dont see how either of those are chinese.

tsingtao started as the anglo german brewing company and no one really drinks johnny walker red.
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:

tsingtao started as the anglo german brewing company and no one really drinks johnny walker red.

i don't know if any chinese person drinks tsingtao.

but the jw red? back in the day, that's all they served at weddings. somebody was drinking it.
quote:
Originally posted by TallGirl:
quote:

i don't know if any chinese person drinks tsingtao.

but the jw red? back in the day, that's all they served at weddings. somebody was drinking it.

i actually saw more of the henny, the fukianese weddings had the walker reds, but bleh, I meant amongst us wine snobs, no one really drinks johnny walker red =)

I'm certainly not drinking walker red or black or green or gold or blue on chinese new years.
quote:
i actually saw more of the henny, the fukianese weddings had the walker reds, but bleh, I meant amongst us wine snobs, no one really drinks johnny walker red =)

for some, the henny is just a bottle filled with black tea. but i've also had the real deal henny at a wedding.

walker red is gross. red is symbolic but then martell is also red. Smile

quote:
I'm certainly not drinking walker red or black or green or gold or blue on chinese new years.

not a fan? not even the blue? i've had the jw double-black. it's smooth.
quote:
Originally posted by Jfont:
Speaking of chinese new year, we just got back from the hospital with our first baby girl! Born on chinese new year. Unfortunately, due to this, I did not pop anything.

Congrats Jfont! Maybe we can meet up if you ever get caught up on sleep (I know that might take years)!

Add Reply

Likes (0)