Wine i-Pad apps?

First of all Hello to Everyone this is my first post here, so I look forward to becoming a active member.

Now to the question I downloaded the CellarVU app and much perfer "Cor.kz" Its much simpler, it may to be as flashy and have as many graphics, but for basic inventory management I think it does the job better.
A friend of mine recently mentioned that a diner guest at his house "scanned" the back label of a wine bottle with his iphone and the iphone app then provided a list of nearby stores where the wine was available. It seems this was not strictly a wine app. Of course he does not remember the name of the app.

Has anybody heard or used this app? I was thinking it might be winesearcher but they have no app.

Thanks.
No i-devices here, I'm all Android. I can tell you that using a bar code scanner on any product will bring up product info and link you to a search for the product. Not sure what i-apps there are for scanning, but in Android there are many that will perform this function for you. I'm sure the i-devices have caught up with this functionality by now.
quote:
Originally posted by grossie:
No i-devices here, I'm all Android. I can tell you that using a bar code scanner on any product will bring up product info and link you to a search for the product. Not sure what i-apps there are for scanning, but in Android there are many that will perform this function for you. I'm sure the i-devices have caught up with this functionality by now.

LOL
quote:
Originally posted by Merengue:
A friend of mine recently mentioned that a diner guest at his house "scanned" the back label of a wine bottle with his iphone and the iphone app then provided a list of nearby stores where the wine was available. It seems this was not strictly a wine app. Of course he does not remember the name of the app.

Has anybody heard or used this app? I was thinking it might be winesearcher but they have no app.

Thanks.

Vivino perhaps?
quote:
Originally posted by Eric LeVine:
quote:

Thanks.

Vivino perhaps?

Red Laser also does that
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Bowers [i.e. FlWino]:
quote:
quote:

Thanks.

Vivino perhaps?

Red Laser also does that

BINGO !!!! This is it. Thanks a lot.
quote:
quote:

Thanks.

Vivino perhaps?

Friend just showed me Vivino. Its basically a much improved version of Delectable since it has community summary information, availability & pricing info. Seems to lack the cellar management features of Cellar Tracker though.

Add Reply

Likes (0)