Never liked much about Bolton, but that mustache was bitchin!!!    

I find it telling that the dumpster's stated reason for firing Bolton was, "I disagreed strongly with many of his suggestions."  Immediately made me thing of A Team of Rivals,  by Doris Kearns Goodwin.  

Great leaders surround themselves with advisors who challenge them.  Petty dictators surround themselves with sycophants.  

PH

flwino posted:

Trump said years ago he could not accept the "stash"  hired him any how.  Guess the "stash" did him in. 

BTW the buffoon can't accept spies that are not American.  WTF.  How do we get an American/Russian?

Tom, she’s an angry old woman severely missing the POS that screwed this country so royally for the previous 8 years.  Cut the angry old woman some slack.

It's not funny. I'm pretty good at identifying language usage and slight slips. On another site I've been on since 06 I've caught half a dozen posters that were banned and returned under new names. It's him. People like that can't stay away. They are weak 

I'm in touch with Board-O periodically. Was down there a few weeks ago and shared a few nice wines.  A 1986 Mouton-Rothschild, a 1988 Hermitage La Chapelle, Jaboulet.  And a 2006 Comtes de Champagne Taittinger. 

He and I have agreed not to speak about politics, since we have extremely different views.  We also don't speak about baseball, since he is a fan of the evil Yankees.

We talk about family, wine and travel.  I am pretty sure he is ignoring the WS boards in toto.

irwin posted:

I am pretty sure he is ignoring the WS boards in toto.

Perhaps, Irwin, but if you look at a lot of his posts for many months now, the time and date are out of sequence with the posts before and after his. It sure looks to me as though the moderators take a careful look at his posts before deciding whether or not to put them up on the site.

I applaud the moderators for finally making the decision to muzzle him. I wish they had done it years earlier, before he drove so many valuable participants away from these forums. I suspect we would have a more vibrant site today had they not waited so long.

irwin posted:

I'm in touch with Board-O periodically. Was down there a few weeks ago and shared a few nice wines.  A 1986 Mouton-Rothschild, a 1988 Hermitage La Chapelle, Jaboulet.  And a 2006 Comtes de Champagne Taittinger. 

He and I have agreed not to speak about politics, since we have extremely different views.  We also don't speak about baseball, since he is a fan of the evil Yankees.

We talk about family, wine and travel.  I am pretty sure he is ignoring the WS boards in toto.

Remind him of the time when he said that the first black American president is a, "subhuman piece of garbage." This isn't about politics, it's about basic decency.

seaquam posted:
mneeley490 posted:

If we could put politics aside, there are many, many people on this forum that I would love to share a bottle with.

I would vote for you just for saying that. 😀

So much more to discuss than politics.  Life is full of experiences.  I would love the just listen to  Seaquam discuss his many travels.  Great distinttive write-ups on them all.  I can visualize his meals

irwin posted:

Firing Bolton......one of the best decisions the President has ever made. Seriously. The world is safer.  Stock in Raytheon, Lockheed-Martin, Grumman, and other war material stocks should go down.

Couldn't agree with you more. Well said colleague.

wineismylife posted:
mneeley490 posted:

Seaquam, you and your lovely wife are welcome down here any time.

Well his wife is certainly welcome. 

Well Joe, there have always been clear and obvious reasons why everyone— myself included— refers to her as my Better Half. 😀

Flwino, thanks for the kind words. Don’t know whether you realize it, but you and I go back quite a ways to the old Robin Garr site, in the pre-monicker days.

Mneeley, it has been too long. We still have more travel plans in the next few months, but hope to drive down to Seattle perhaps early Spring. Will give you and the gang as much notice as possible.

Add Reply

Likes (0)