I hope everyone is safe and my thoughts and prayers to those whose families have been affected.

When we get through this  and we will, what are you planning to open up?

I think I will open up a 2000 Leoville Barton or a 1998 Unico. You?

Last edited by mimik
Original Post
mimik posted:

I hope everyone is safe and my thoughts and prayers to those whose families have been affected.

Mim,

Bring your crew down to Ottawa, and bman and I (and our better halves) will open some stellar bottles.

Last edited by Bytown Rick

I'm thinking of several that may be ready or close to being ready to drink - 1999 or 1998 Grange, 1997 Ridge Monte Bello.

Bytown Rick posted:
mimik posted:

Mim,

Bring your crew down to Ottawa, and bman and I (and our better halves) will open some stellar bottles.

Sounds like a plan -)

I agree with celebrating the end of this mess, but the question I have is at what point is it time to celebrate?  I'm thinking we will phase into a more regular life, rather than have a point in time when things revert back to normal.  Maybe we can have a consensus on the board as to when to celebrate?

thistlintom posted:

I agree with celebrating the end of this mess, but the question I have is at what point is it time to celebrate?  I'm thinking we will phase into a more regular life, rather than have a point in time when things revert back to normal.  Maybe we can have a consensus on the board as to when to celebrate?

When there is a good, widely available vaccine, will certainly be a milestone, but that won’t happen for at least a year. When there are proven effective treatments (or even prophylactic measures) we will also have cause for celebration. Hopefully, that we coincide with this winter, when the epidemic is likely to pick back up. In about 2 or 3 months we may be at a place where the is enough testing that we can do contact tracing and enough medical knowledge and equipment that we can handle extraordinary measures to save the lives of most people who become critically ill because of the disease. That is another milestone I’m looking forward to. 

The day it's announced that regular, non-essential businesses can be open again and people are allowed back at work.

I'm going to open a '78 Dom and maybe see how the' 05 bordeauxs are coming along. 

Good question. My first thoughts are an ‘88 Salon BdB and an ‘82 Palmer. 

Decanter recently said the ‘82 Palmer was good to go from 2020-2040. That would surprise me. Some ‘82’s, I agree, but Palmer. Not sure.

@g-man posted:

I'm going to Osaka and going to a street sake bar and drinking all of the fine sake I can get my hands on.

Let me know, and I'll meet you there! 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.