What vintage is Premier Cru delivering at the moment?

quote:
Originally posted by Wine doc:
No hurry, I guess, since I've got older wine waiting to be drunk. It just makes me nervous to have outstanding wines from a retailer with this reputation.

Wd - I've never had a wine not delivered by PC.
I received a '04 d'Yquem just a few months ago that I ordered in January '07....
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
No hurry, I guess, since I've got older wine waiting to be drunk. It just makes me nervous to have outstanding wines from a retailer with this reputation.

I received a '04 d'Yquem just a few months ago that I ordered in January '07....

Good to hear, thanks.
quote:
quote:
quote:

Good to hear, thanks.

I'm confident the wine has been stored in pristine conditions for all this time. Eek
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:

I'm confident the wine has been stored in pristine conditions for all this time. Eek

w+a - Being a Sauternes, I'm not concerned. Bottle/cork like new and I have no plans to age the '04 for decades. This will be consumed within a few years, surely. However, your point is well taken.

Vt2It - Indeed, the same bottle. Thank you.
I would not necessarily be concerned about 2004 Sauternes either, but the fact is that that wine was sold on futures in 2007. The wine was released in 2008, as I recall.

By getting delivery in 2011 (3 years late), you certainly did not get wine that came straight from a negociant type source. It bounced around somewhere in the wine world.

If you are a wine merchant, selling futures, you have till (usually) January of the next year to get paid up, or deal with the potential consequences. So, when the wine is released, you take delivery almost immediately. While we are waiting on some 2008 Bordeaux (will arrive after the summer heat), 90% has come and gone already.

It is a fairly simple system.

Likewise for the Brunello situation. 99% of all Brunello producers released stock in the past 4 months. Even if you purchased it overseas, as a merchant, it should arrive later this year.
I am still getting some of my 2006 BDX. Most of it has arrived, but still waiting for one (the most expensive) case. Also I am also waiting for some later vintages, but I am not holding my breath there.

Six years after the vintage and still waiting. Nevertheless they have delivered.... Slow. slow. S l o w.

I don't mind the waiting. It is (i) the fact that they are not upfront of when the wine will get here and (ii) the fact that they are not so nice when I call to inquire once a year.
Arrived in the past few months.
2007 Coutet - September ?
2009 Pontet Canet - November

Still waiting on a few 06-08 Italians wines, and 09-10 french wines. I almost bought the 2010 1st growth (5) set for $2.3k from this weekend's sale. Had to read this thread just to reaffirm myself.
I purchased a single bottle of the 2008 Haut-Brion as a "birth year" wine for my youngest son in May 2009. I called about (6) weeks ago and the PC representative was friendly and stated the wine would be arriving in a few months. This is my only experience with this merchant.
quote:
Originally posted by Steve W.:
I purchased a single bottle of the 2008 Haut-Brion as a "birth year" wine for my youngest son in May 2009. I called about (6) weeks ago and the PC representative was friendly and stated the wine would be arriving in a few months. This is my only experience with this merchant.

I've got the same wine from KL at least 2 years ago. PC, while having a great storefront and great prices are really for those who think they will live forever.

I don't plan to be buried with my wines (or have my pre arrival receipts from PC with me!)
quote:
Originally posted by riku:
quote:
Originally posted by Slippery Pete:
Arrived in the past few months.
2007 Coutet - September ?
2009 Pontet Canet - November

wow, my 09 PC still shows as pre arrival and how in the heck did you already get yours?

It could be the date at which you purchased. They get a lot of Bordeaux so they offer it frequently at various prices.
I have 2010 Mouton Rothschild, Conseillante, Pontet Canet, Cos d'Estournel, La Mission Haut Brion, and Cheval Blanc ready to ship, and several 2009 Bdx already shipped, but 2009 Pontet Canet, Montrose, Pavie, Cos, Leo Poy, Leo las Cases, d'Yquem, and 2008 Pavie 750, d'Yquem 750, and Montrose magnum not in yet.
First off: I bring ZERO street cred and I am WELL aware.

Secondly: my experience in this realm shall hopefully be proven by my longevity, and ultimate contributions.

Thirdly: I walked into Premier Cru today and was delighted to find not only knowledgable personnel, a collection to drool over, but most importantly, a forthright answer to the expected date of the 2010 Pegau CdP I had just politely requested and paid for on futures. "There are quite a few before you". If it comes through, terrific. I will plant my faith in the echoes of many well respected posters and authoritarians on here: "I've yet to have a wine NOT arrive"

Sure there are other "online retailers". I believe this thread will help to educate those from afar lured in by attractive pricing only to be disappointed in not receiving immediate albeit, incomprehensibly lengthend gratification.

I myself intend on supporting local, dropping in as often as I can, and patiently awaiting as many here have coined..."wines that won't remotely be ready by the time they arrive"

~C
quote:
Originally posted by Machine:
I have 2010 Mouton Rothschild, Conseillante, Pontet Canet, Cos d'Estournel, La Mission Haut Brion, and Cheval Blanc ready to ship, and several 2009 Bdx already shipped, but 2009 Pontet Canet, Montrose, Pavie, Cos, Leo Poy, Leo las Cases, d'Yquem, and 2008 Pavie 750, d'Yquem 750, and Montrose magnum not in yet.

We received our magnums of 2008 Pavie nearly three years ago.
quote:
Originally posted by NY Retailer:
quote:

We received our magnums of 2008 Pavie nearly three years ago.

I did receive my 08 Pavie magnums, which seems to make it unusual to not have received the 750's yet.
sorry to bump this thread ... needless to say I am weary of buying anything from PC again ...

Has anyone received any of the 100 pointer 09 Bdx? I have yet to receive my 09 Pontet Canet's and ordered them back in June 2010.

Thanks for anyone who's sharing info.
I"m waiting on:
2009 Chapoutier Ermitage Blanc De L'Orée
2010 Usseglio Cuvée de mon Aïeul
2010 Janasse Cuvée Chaupin
2010 Château Montrose
2010 Château Léoville Las Cases
NV Krug

the Krug more than anything else bugs me because they put out a steady stream of emails selling this as pre-arrival and the significant amount I ordered 2 years ago still isn't here...
So. I was in the shop some time ago and heard that a container was enroute and would dock sometime in November. A call to PC a couple of days back yielded the following response: "We have a ship due in mid month. 13,000 bottles and... Let's see here... Give me just a second... yes. Ok. So none of your wine is in this lot"

Confused

There was also something said that was quite telling, and plays off of what you've written about the Krug Rob. The gent did say something to the effect of "yeah, you're pretty far down the list."

That and my previous posting of "there are many before you" leaves me with but one option. I will stop wondering and just be happy when my ship truly DOES come in Winner

***please forward to "Golden Acres Nursing Home" in a plain brown paper wrapped box.***
I'm at the point where I won't make any more pre-arrival purchases until some of my outstanding orders get fulfilled. No orders are that old, but the combo of having a decent amount outstanding (although probably not as much as others have) and needing to scale back on purchases made me hold off.
quote:
Originally posted by mpls wine guy:
I just recieved my 2010 Pegau Reservee and 2010 Mordoree Reine De Bois Cdp's.
Mordoree Reine de Bois

Purchased a bottle of the 2000 from PC for an impromptu offline with TPEwinedrinker and TDub a few months back. It was gorgeous. Tried to go back to the well for another dip but alas all was gone.
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:
I'm at the point where I won't make any more pre-arrival purchases until some of my outstanding orders get fulfilled. No orders are that old, but the combo of having a decent amount outstanding (although probably not as much as others have) and needing to scale back on purchases made me hold off.

+1. I have all of my 2009 and 2010 Bordeaux from everyone else. I won't buy more with them until they fulfill some of the past orders. With them, whether it is a certain number of bottles or some amount of money, I just never go very deep. When they are within limits, where they get me to reach is for something I want at a price at which I otherwise wouldn't be able to buy the wine. I will say they actually delivered some CdPs, Port and Burgundy before anyone else. I always seem to get hung up with them on Bdx, but I tend to cellar them for a long time anyway. All wines have been in great shape.
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
I"m waiting on:
2009 Chapoutier Ermitage Blanc De L'Orée
2010 Usseglio Cuvée de mon Aïeul
2010 Janasse Cuvée Chaupin
2010 Château Montrose
2010 Château Léoville Las Cases
NV Krug

the Krug more than anything else bugs me because they put out a steady stream of emails selling this as pre-arrival and the significant amount I ordered 2 years ago still isn't here...

Fret not, Rob. I'm confident your bottles have been stored in nothing less than ideal conditions since the day they left the Chateau. Razz Wink
quote:
quote:
Ha! Devilish

It's alright, all of those 2010's are for my son. He can complain about the corked bottles when he's old enough to drink them.

You should supplement those with my 2010 Cheval Blanc and La Mission.

Sell me the Cheval Blanc at Cheval Brun prices and you've got yourself a deal!
quote:
quote:
quote:
Ha! Devilish

It's alright, all of those 2010's are for my son. He can complain about the corked bottles when he's old enough to drink them.

You should supplement those with my 2010 Cheval Blanc and La Mission.

Sell me the Cheval Blanc at Cheval Brun prices and you've got yourself a deal!

I'll get back to you. Could work out a trade for those mags of '08 Salon

Add Reply

Likes (0)