Quite a few for me but this thread came to mind today when " Everybody (Backstreet's Back)  came on the radio.  I don't think I even know any other Backstreet Boys songs but for whatever reason, this one I love.

Ditto "Dog Days Are Over" by Florence and the Machine.  I've listened to that song many times, tried some of her other tunes but they did nothing for me.

So don't be shy, tell us your guilty music pleasures!

Original Post

“Baby Got Back”   (Sir Mix Alot)

along the same lines...

“The Bad Touch”  (Bloodhound Gang)

also...

while I enjoy several of his songs “Are You Gonna Go My Way”  (Lenny Kravitz) is in its own league amongst his songs.

I’m gonna get in trouble for these next five artists as they are all great, generally but each has only one song I really enjoy and listen to with any frequency:

”Something In the Way She Moves”  (James Taylor)

”Stand”  (Sly and the Family Stone)

”I Want You Back”  (The Jackson Five)

”Whiter Shade Of Pale”  (Procal Harum)

and, yes, I know putting this person on a list like this is obscene, but...

”(Your Love Keeps Lifting Me) Higher and Higher”  (Jackie Wilson)

And I suppose two songs that I like in the right (party) circumstances — and which have some striking musical similarities:

”Insane In the Brain”  (Cyprus Hill)

”Jump Around”  (House of Pain)

Welcome to the Jungle - generally don't like Axl's singing and Guns and Roses in general but this one works

I Think I Love You - the Partridge Family - very poppy but catchy and heard it when I was a kid, so I've got that excuse.

Toxic - Britney Spears (both the regular version, and especially the dance remix by Armand Van Helden)

Last edited by ProSys

Good post.  Generally dislike Bruce Springsteen but Born to Run is great.  Generally dislike Michael Jackson but Billie Jean could be a top ten song of all time. 

spo posted:

Eurythmics- Beethoven (I love to listen)

Actually, I could have listed “Sweet Things (Are Made of These)” as the one song of theirs I like. 

Beth   by Kiss

La Isla Bonita   by Madonna

Livin' La Vida Loca   by Ricky Martin

Gypsies, Tramps, and Thieves   by Cher

Eyes Without a Face   by Billy Idol

Last edited by mneeley490

Found some tracks on an old thumb drive that I hadn't heard in years.  Definitely brought back memories of '90s synth-driven dance music that was popular for awhile:

• "Heaven's What I Feel" - Gloria Estefan (Razor & Guido remix)
  • "Where Do You Go" - No Mercy (Jazzy Jim remix)
napacat posted:

...  Generally dislike Michael Jackson but Billie Jean could be a top ten song of all time. 

+1.  One of the few songs where watching the video (with the moonwalk) is better than just listening to the song.

winetarelli posted:
Rmavobiv posted:

Muse - Uprising 

Never would have thought of it, but agreed. 

glad to find someone like-minded 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.