What's your "wow" wine?

quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
Visited Littorai in December and tasted through some 10-11 Chards and Pinots and I was wowed at the quality across the board. Great wines that compare very favorably to Burgundy for the price.

curious

is it really fair to drink a single winery, then compare it to an entire wine region with all kinds of different wines?
What I meant was the wines I’ve had from Littorai for $65-$80 compare very favorably to the wines I have had in that same price range from Burgundy. Not sure if that is fair, but it’s been my experience so far.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
quote:
Visited Littorai in December and tasted through some 10-11 Chards and Pinots and I was wowed at the quality across the board. Great wines that compare very favorably to Burgundy for the price.

curious

is it really fair to drink a single winery, then compare it to an entire wine region with all kinds of different wines?
What I meant was the wines I’ve had from Littorai for $65-$80 compare very favorably to the wines I have had in that same price range from Burgundy. Not sure if that is fair, but it’s been my experience so far.

i love littorai personally after being introduced by hippomon, but I can compare them with something like what henri gouges makes @ 50$. Ever try the house? they make some good fruit forward juice.
quote:
Originally posted by Redline325:
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
We had one last night- 2003 Le Vieux Donjon CdP

I opened a mag of this at Thanksgiving, it was fantastic. Another family member asked my wife why I was hoarding that big bottle to myself!

I was quite surprised when I saw Board-O's post, as the first bottle I tried a couple of years ago was a hot mess. Now I'm intrigued since I never would have foreseen this approaching wow territory. Will be revisiting this wine soon!

Add Reply

Likes (0)