What's For Breakfast?

quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
Made a little scramble this morning with chorizo, potato and eggs. Served with some warm corn tortillas and some french press coffee. Great way to start the day.

You can make breakfast for me any day, GlennK!!

PH
Only if you put out the night before… Razz

Yesterday I went to a local farmers market and picked up some fresh eggs and veggies. Used the veggies last night in a stir fry and one of the eggs this morning. Pan fried the egg so it got just a little crispy on the bottom, but the yolk was still nice and gooey after a little prick with the fork. Served over a thick slice of sourdough toast from a loaf I picked up yesterday at a local bakery. Not a bad way to start a work day.
quote:
quote:
quote:
Made a little scramble this morning with chorizo, potato and eggs. Served with some warm corn tortillas and some french press coffee. Great way to start the day.

You can make breakfast for me any day, GlennK!!

PH
Only if you put out the night before… Razz

Eek How about I just do dishes?? LOL

PH
2 strips of thick sliced applewood smoked bacon. 2 slices of 9-grain toast. 2 perfectly cooked over easy eggs. Have been using Eggland's Best eggs lately. They're expensive, but so good. Consistent size, perfect and very dark yolks. Delicious. I still use generic eggs for baking and recipes where the eggs get incorporated into a mixture, but when eating eggs solo these things rock.

Oh...and a bloody mary to pre-game for the Redskins game. Cool

PH
quote:
Have been using Eggland's Best eggs lately. They're expensive, but so good. Consistent size, perfect and very dark yolks. Delicious.
We use those as well when we can’t find fresh farm eggs. Consistently really good quality. I think eggs and chicken are two things that most home cooks take for granted, but if you buy quality you can really upgrade the taste and texture of what you are eating. When I was younger and much poorer I would buy the frozen chicken from costco and basically thought chicken was supposed to be tasteless as I didn’t know any better. Now I buy good free range air chilled birds and the difference is night and day.
After consuming too much wine last night, a large breakfast was in order today...once I finally got out of bed. Therefore...

Four slices of bacon, three eggs, shredded potatoes, and two slices of wheat toast (each with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter (Light) and Smuckers Low Sugar Strawberry Jam).

Woot
After playing golf on Friday and Saturday my back was more sore than normal, so I took a rare Sunday off from golf and headed to the beach for breakfast. Lemon and blueberry ricotta pancakes, scrambled eggs, breakfast potatoes and sourdough toast hit the spot after a long walk in the sand.
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Cancun:
Organic cornmeal mush with browned organic garlic butter, organic thick 2% yogurt and diced pickled jalapenos. The peppers were organic too...

Well, as long as it's organic, it must be good...
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Zucchini bread with American coffee this morning until a full brunch later.

I so so miss having little children wake me up too early on Christmas morning.

W+A

It's almost 7:30 here and I'm still waiting for the girls who stated last night that they would be waking me up early. Oh well...
quote:
Originally posted by xhoser:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Zucchini bread with American coffee this morning until a full brunch later.

I so so miss having little children wake me up too early on Christmas morning.

W+A

It's almost 7:30 here and I'm still waiting for the girls who stated last night that they would be waking me up early. Oh well...

How old?
Yes they came into the shortly after my last post and our now enjoying their presents. I enjoy every minute I can with them as this is time we can never get back.

Will be in Houston last week of January so here's hoping you have some business down that way!

Merry Christmas.

Add Reply

Likes (0)