Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Went to a 'Sculpt & Tone' workout this morning after only a coffee and croissant.

That workout kicked my a**! Eek

UGGGGH. Need Protein......

Came back to a Fritatta Brunch (lovely made by D). Awesome. Included Olives, Chicken Sausage, wild mushrooms (left over from the Risotto prep last night), shallots, Parmesan, rosemary & thyme.

YUM! Smile
quote:
Originally posted by WISAD:
...I love Grey Goose Martini's but honestly....4 was probably too many.
I find a good vodka martini can sneak up on you a lot quicker than wine. At a recent dinner party I too finished 4 martinis in relatively short order (Chopin), the problem was they were triples and they were along with a glass or two of red had with dinner. Let's just say the evening ended a bit early for me.
My hangover breakfast:
Three or four Caesars with lots of celery salt around the rim.
Three eggs scrambled over low heat with lots of butter and chopped chives (French style).
A six oz tenderloin grilled to medium well.
Two pieces whole wheat toast with butter and ginger marmelade.
Large glass ice water and two Tylenol.
Three more hours sleep.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
the last glass of 1982 Clos des Goisse from last night.

You actually had a glass left over!? Eek

I was surprised as well, but killed the rest as soon as I found it this morning. Wink

Reminds me of when I was doing inventory last year and "found" a bottle of 1988 Salon I didn't realize I had. You gotta love it when you find stuff like that. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
In honor of your restraint, this morning:

Eggs Benedict
Bloody Marys (pitcher of)
Champagne Pierre Peters Cuvee de Reserve BdB Grand Cru
Nap

PH

Cool
The other weekend when you text me a photo of your Eggs Benedict I ran out to the local b'fast resto and ordered some. Big Grin

(restraining)

Celebratory b'fast prior a big week ahead? Smile
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Cellar_Fiend:
Jalapeno and cheese focaccia bread sandwich with sundried tomato turkey.

Jalapeno for breakfast? That is not something I expect to see Canadians enjoying for breakfast.

First impression - Hangover breakfast.

wine+art I am a fan of peppers, so for me it is not a big deviation from standard breakfast fare. KSCO2, I was a little dry but not by my definition hung over. Overall it was a delicious sandwich.
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:

Girlfriend's idea. However, she also talked me into a sparkling/Champagne tasting Friday night that I wasn't planning on going to. You take the good with the not so good!

Oh, now I am a fan of Champagne plus girlfriend, SO/wife. No need for sparkling wine though unless it is used for something other than drinking. Wink
quote:
Frankly, if there is one thing where eggnog sounds like it would work it would be in making french toast. Eggs and dairy, and a touch of booze? Hmmmm.... I wouldn't drink it, but soaking some day old slices of baguette in this sounds kinda interesting.

PH

I am, admittedly, just a little surprised that you've not experimented with this concoction before, PH Smile
quote:
quote:
French Toast
Beans

You lost me at beans.... Razz

PH

Smile

Feve au lard, or baked beans (similar to what you'd have with hot dogs, etc) are a very traditional addition to a Quebecois breakfast. Don't ask my why, it just is. Ham, baked beans, bacon are all very traditional sides in a breakfast here. Maybe it derives from the days of loggers and trappers and the hearty breakfasts they needed before enduring the elements...
quote:
quote:
quote:
French Toast
Beans

You lost me at beans.... Razz

PH

Smile

Feve au lard, or baked beans (similar to what you'd have with hot dogs, etc) are a very traditional addition to a Quebecois breakfast. Don't ask my why, it just is. Ham, baked beans, bacon are all very traditional sides in a breakfast here. Maybe it derives from the days of loggers and trappers and the hearty breakfasts they needed before enduring the elements...

I know they're a traditional component of the British breakfast as well. I can enjoy them with eggs and meats. The combo with french toast and mixed berries was a little palate confusing, that's all! Razz

PH
Just finished preparing for PURPLE for Mother's Day:

Aebleskiver with Bonne Maman Raspberry Preserves and Powdered Sugar (homemade)
Vienna Bread (homemade)
Lurpak Danish Butter
Denmark's Finest Havarti Mini Wheel
Bauer's Butterkase
Driscoll's Mexican Raspberries
Boar's Head Black Forest Ham
Boar's Head Hard Salami
Rodak's Sulawesi Genuine Kalossi Coffee (local roaster)
1996 Henriot Champagne Brut Millésimé

Denmark meets Germany kind of affair

Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms out there!
quote:
Originally posted by wineismylife:
Just finished preparing for PURPLE for Mother's Day:

Aebleskiver with Bonne Maman Raspberry Preserves and Powdered Sugar (homemade)
Vienna Bread (homemade)
Lurpak Danish Butter
Denmark's Finest Havarti Mini Wheel
Bauer's Butterkase
Driscoll's Mexican Raspberries
Boar's Head Black Forest Ham
Boar's Head Hard Salami
Rodak's Sulawesi Genuine Kalossi Coffee (local roaster)
1996 Henriot Champagne Brut Millésimé

Denmark meets Germany kind of affair

Happy Mother's Day to all of the moms out there!
Missing Solvang? Maybe just a little? Cool