Costco (Kirkland) Kettle Brand ridged potato chips with pink Himalayan sea salt.

My new favorite.  Only problem is the enormous size of the bag is conducive to over-eating.  

(It took me a week to get through the bag, and I was still over-eating.  On the plus side, the chips stayed pretty crispy all week.)

winetarelli posted:

Costco (Kirkland) Kettle Brand ridged potato chips with pink Himalayan sea salt.

My new favorite.  Only problem is the enormous size of the bag is conducive to over-eating.  

(It took me a week to get through the bag, and I was still over-eating.  On the plus side, the chips stayed pretty crispy all week.)

Thx for the suggestion - apart from my waist-line

I found a bag of Utz here recently; something we don't normally get in this area. Tried them, and I have to say, I don't know what the appeal is. Underflavored and undersalted. 

Despite all the fancy small-batch artisanal chips crowding the shelves, our hands-down fave right now is a lowly store brand from the local Metro grocery chain. Irresistibles Naturalia Sea Salt Potato Chips, kettle-cooked with dark russet potatoes, have just the right mix of crunch and saltiness for us. Added bonus: they’re almost always 2 bags for $4, so less than almost every other option. On the downside, a bag lasts for about eight minutes around me especially when I’m housebound and hangry. 

Last edited by vint

Vint hangry?!? I can't picture it. 

On a chips note, I've destroyed a couple of bags of Jalapeno Cheddar Doritos over the past couple of weeks. 

Somehow have managed to avoid chips so far.  Rice and pasta on the other hand - eaten more in the past 2 weeks than I have in the last 4-5 years.

Makes me wonder if people are gaining weight during the pandemic or are being good and eating healthy. From what I see in the grocery store, I think it is more of the former.

jcocktosten posted:

Somehow have managed to avoid chips so far.  Rice and pasta on the other hand - eaten more in the past 2 weeks than I have in the last 4-5 years.

No chops here. No rice here... yet. I’ve had 3lbs of pasta over the past 17 days, but my “issue” has been cheese. So. Much. Cheese. 

On the flip side - I have been running /exercising every day and with all meals cooked at home - healthwise I think it is a wash leaning towards slightly better than usual

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.