Costco (Kirkland) Kettle Brand ridged potato chips with pink Himalayan sea salt.

My new favorite.  Only problem is the enormous size of the bag is conducive to over-eating.  

(It took me a week to get through the bag, and I was still over-eating.  On the plus side, the chips stayed pretty crispy all week.)

winetarelli posted:

Costco (Kirkland) Kettle Brand ridged potato chips with pink Himalayan sea salt.

My new favorite.  Only problem is the enormous size of the bag is conducive to over-eating.  

(It took me a week to get through the bag, and I was still over-eating.  On the plus side, the chips stayed pretty crispy all week.)

Thx for the suggestion - apart from my waist-line

I found a bag of Utz here recently; something we don't normally get in this area. Tried them, and I have to say, I don't know what the appeal is. Underflavored and undersalted. 

Despite all the fancy small-batch artisanal chips crowding the shelves, our hands-down fave right now is a lowly store brand from the local Metro grocery chain. Irresistibles Naturalia Sea Salt Potato Chips, kettle-cooked with dark russet potatoes, have just the right mix of crunch and saltiness for us. Added bonus: they’re almost always 2 bags for $4, so less than almost every other option. On the downside, a bag lasts for about eight minutes around me especially when I’m housebound and hangry. 

Last edited by vint

Vint hangry?!? I can't picture it. 

On a chips note, I've destroyed a couple of bags of Jalapeno Cheddar Doritos over the past couple of weeks. 

Somehow have managed to avoid chips so far.  Rice and pasta on the other hand - eaten more in the past 2 weeks than I have in the last 4-5 years.

Makes me wonder if people are gaining weight during the pandemic or are being good and eating healthy. From what I see in the grocery store, I think it is more of the former.

jcocktosten posted:

Somehow have managed to avoid chips so far.  Rice and pasta on the other hand - eaten more in the past 2 weeks than I have in the last 4-5 years.

No chops here. No rice here... yet. I’ve had 3lbs of pasta over the past 17 days, but my “issue” has been cheese. So. Much. Cheese. 

On the flip side - I have been running /exercising every day and with all meals cooked at home - healthwise I think it is a wash leaning towards slightly better than usual

mneeley490 posted:

I found a bag of Utz here recently; something we don't normally get in this area. Tried them, and I have to say, I don't know what the appeal is. Underflavored and undersalted. 

Funny... I was going to post on Utz, and thought I'd review recent posts before commenting.  I just opened a bag to go with some homemade chicken salad on multigrain bread.  They were friggin' fantastic.  Perfect balance of salt and potato.  No discernible oil flavor.  Love their ingredient list.  Potatoes, Cottonseed Oil and Salt.  Every complaint I've heard about Utz chips has been from somewhere other than the Northeast which is where they're made.  Post the expiration date and location of manufacture if you see this mneeley, please. 

I'm still going to the office every day (essential service, blah blah blah,) and a good sandwich and a few chips are a daily pleasure.

Cheers, all!  Wash your fucking hands.   

PH

purplehaze posted:
mneeley490 posted:

Funny... I was going to post on Utz, and thought I'd review recent posts before commenting.  I just opened a bag to go with some homemade chicken salad on multigrain bread.  They were friggin' fantastic.  Perfect balance of salt and potato.  No discernible oil flavor.  Love their ingredient list.  Potatoes, Cottonseed Oil and Salt.  Every complaint I've heard about Utz chips has been from somewhere other than the Northeast which is where they're made.  Post the expiration date and location of manufacture if you see this mneeley, please. 

PH

I'm afraid I didn't hang on the empty bag. I didn't know they were valuable.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.