One of the local grocers has their own produce company called Roundy's and they make a fine Classic Potato Chip.
Original Post
quote:
Originally posted by aphilla:
One of the local grocers has their own produce company called Roundy's and they make a fine Classic Potato Chip.


Smile
There is a convenience store down the street from us that has curated the most wonderful artisinally puffed corn, dusted in what I can only describe as "magic cheddar fairy dust" in the hue of traffic pylon. I understand they are handmade by someone named Chester Cheetah, and if given the opportunity, my eldest will eat them until he vomits.

(I feel I need to end this with an 'absolutely!')

quote:
Originally posted by vinoevelo:
There is a convenience store down the street from us that has curated the most wonderful artisinally puffed corn, dusted in what I can only describe as "magic cheddar fairy dust" in the hue of traffic pylon. I understand they are handmade by someone named Chester Cheetah, and if given the opportunity, my eldest will eat them until he vomits.

(I feel I need to end this with an 'absolutely!')



Big Grin
I have a thing for Doritos. Last time I went to Lewiston to pick up wine the local Tops supermarket had 'Ranch Dipped Hot Wings' on special. $2/bag, buy 2 get 3 free. Yes 5 bags for $4.

Yes I bought a lot of them. Yes a bag of them has been my dinner on more than three occasions since.
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
I have a thing for Doritos. Last time I went to Lewiston to pick up wine the local Tops supermarket had 'Ranch Dipped Hot Wings' on special. $2/bag, buy 2 get 3 free. Yes 5 bags for $4.

Yes I bought a lot of them. Yes a bag of them has been my dinner on more than three occasions since.

My image of you has just been completely blown.
I rarely eat flavored chips. Although I have been trying to avoid them, Trader Joe's Olive Oil and Sea Salt chips are by far my favorite commercially made chips.
quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
I have a thing for Doritos. Last time I went to Lewiston to pick up wine the local Tops supermarket had 'Ranch Dipped Hot Wings' on special. $2/bag, buy 2 get 3 free. Yes 5 bags for $4.

Yes I bought a lot of them. Yes a bag of them has been my dinner on more than three occasions since.

My image of you has just been completely blown.


My one savory snack weakness. I can actually have just one Pringle. My five year old becomes a growling, feral animal if you try to take his Miss Vickies plain chips from him but I couldn't care less. But put spicy, non-nacho cheese Doritos in front of me and they will be consumed. Until there is no more. I may take the bowl/bag to another room to distance myself from other would be consumers of the doritos.
I can live without having to eat potato chips longer than ice cream. But put a bag of Salt & Vinegar (any brand) on the table near me, and it will be consumed almost instantly.
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
I suddenly got a taste for Nachos reading this


I have personally witnessed what you can do to a bag of Doritos, good sir. It is a very scary thing to witness.

Big Utz fan here.

PH
Sterzing's a brand made in Burlington, Iowa. Lots of grease and salt. I think they just started shipping web orders for $11 per 16 oz bag with free shipping. Although that seems like a lot, most places are charging you $4 for 6 oz of chips that are not nearly as good. The ingredients now are the same as they always were. Potatoes, salt, and oil. Nothing else.
I don't normally eat chips, but when I do I prefer kettle chips with my favorites being salt & vinegar, Backyard Barbecue and Maple Bacon! And I concur with the Utz Crab Chip being an outstanding choice, a Maryland delicacy.
quote:
Originally posted by Rothko:
Utz Crab Chips - the best!


Made some homemade chips the other day and seasoned extremely generously with Old Bay . . . fantastic but 3 large russets' worth disappeared within minutes
Seeing the title of this thread made me crave potato chips for the first time in years! Cur-sed be!!!!


FWIW: Hawaiian Kettle Stye Potato Chips
Not potato chips but El Napolito tortilla chips with my lunch. Locally made and widely thought to be the best in SoCal. Whenever I head up to OC my non-gringo friends require that I bring them.

I do miss Utz's pretzels
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
I have personally witnessed what you can do to a bag of Doritos, good sir. It is a very scary thing to witness.
PH

Big Grin Admittedly true. However that is greatly influenced by specific triggers Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
I have personally witnessed what you can do to a bag of Doritos, good sir. It is a very scary thing to witness.
PH

Big Grin Admittedly true. However that is greatly influenced by specific triggers Big Grin


No comment. Wink

PH
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
I have personally witnessed what you can do to a bag of Doritos, good sir. It is a very scary thing to witness.
PH

Big Grin Admittedly true. However that is greatly influenced by specific triggers Big Grin


I remember camping years ago with a group of people and some very munchie inducing brownies. Line of the night was "Oh god, the more I eat the hungrier I get!"
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:
I rarely eat flavored chips. Although I have been trying to avoid them, Trader Joe's Olive Oil and Sea Salt chips are by far my favorite commercially made chips.


I'm not a potato chip guy at all, but those sound good!
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:
I rarely eat flavored chips. Although I have been trying to avoid them, Trader Joe's Olive Oil and Sea Salt chips are by far my favorite commercially made chips.


I'm not a potato chip guy at all, but those sound good!


I like them because they taste great and have 3 ingredients - potatoes, olive oil and sea salt and are very crunchy
A place in town fries them fresh and serves them as a side. I slather them in malt vinegar for a couple minutes so they're gooey on the outside and crunchy in the middle. Pure greasy unhealthy goodness.
I was hoping to learn that someone paid $100 for a 2.73oz bag of chips made with the finest potatoes with the best potato terroir in the world. I'm a little disappointed.
Only the finest, ultra-thickly sliced Idaho beauties quick fried in the rarest hand-pressed oil, covered delicately by coarse, hand-harvested, deep-water sea salt, absolutely!
I don't honk for a lot of local Indy stuff, but hyper local Broad Ripple Chip Co. makes the best regular bagged potato chip I've ever had. I have a lot of will power, and only slam two or three bags a year. linky
I've had quite a few tasty brands over the last few weeks:

Doritos Spicy Nacho
Kettle Brand Buffalo Bleu
Kettle Brand Jalapeno
Utz Kettle Classics Dark Russet
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
Old Dutch BBQ- simply the best

Was wondering when we'd hear from the Old Dutch & Miss Vickie's crowd. Both good in my books.
quote:
Originally posted by PD2K:
I've had quite a few tasty brands over the last few weeks:

Doritos Spicy Nacho

To me the flavors of Doritos tastes like chemical creations from the New Jersey flavor mills. They seem to be coated with it.

Add Reply

Post
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×