quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
quote:
Originally posted by kingofcool:
What'd you think?
I really liked it

Same here, very tasty. I just got a bottle of the 15. The 20 was something special, too.
Just opened a bottle of Provenance private bottling that we brought back from Scotland. It's a winter distillation, whatever that means, and it's one of the finest single malts I've ever tasted. I'm going to have to ration this.
quote:
Originally posted by TheEngineer:
Pouring the last of my recently purchased bottle of Highland Park 30 yo.

Really lovely stuff.


Very nice. Unfortunately so much more expensive than the 18. Even more expensive if family and friends drink 3/4 of the bottle in one evening.
quote:
Originally posted by MoselleLuxemburg:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wine+art:
1608 Bushmills Irish Whiskey.


Had to google this, to see if this is a 400 year old bottle. Ok it isn't Smile[/QUOTE. I'm a poor and working class stiff. I was lucky that my CC went through... And a Sears CC at that. I'm a rookie when it comes to this libation, so nothing unique or expensive. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by MoselleLuxemburg:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
1608 Bushmills Irish Whiskey.


Had to google this, to see if this is a 400 year old bottle. Ok it isn't Smile


it's still 100$ =)

the middleton is better for the money IMHO
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by MoselleLuxemburg:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wine+art:
1608 Bushmills Irish Whiskey.


Had to google this, to see if this is a 400 year old bottle. Ok it isn't Smile[/QUOTE. I'm a poor and working class stiff. I was lucky that my CC went through... And a Sears CC at that. I'm a rookie when it comes to this libation, so nothing unique or expensive. Wink

Working class stiff, yeah. Given the wines you are drinking, i did not completely rule out you actually tasted a 400 year old Irish Whiskey.
Does anyone have any experience with the French single malts produced in the Champagne region? If so, what do you think of them?
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wine+art:
Midleton 2011 Very Rare Whiskey.


annnd? =)

smooth aint it.[/QUOTE. Not sure what you call the " blend master" but we had it with him at our hotel. He has forgotten more than I know. He was kind enough to schedule a private tasting tomorrow...I do NOT need any other passions!
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wine+art:
Midleton 2011 Very Rare Whiskey.


annnd? =)

smooth aint it.[/QUOTE. Not sure what you call the " blend master" but we had it with him at our hotel. He has forgotten more than I know. He was kind enough to schedule a private tasting tomorrow...I do NOT need any other passions!

Cool, sounds like another hard day, tomorrow.
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
Does anyone have any experience with the French single malts produced in the Champagne region? If so, what do you think of them?

Name? I remember some good Whiskeys from Michel Couvreur, but then they are whiskeys from scottish distilleries, elevated in France in the Burgundy region. They are not exactly cheap, but worth a try. I guess that's not the stuff you were referring to, Board-O?
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by wine+art:
Midleton 2011 Very Rare Whiskey.


annnd? =)

smooth aint it.[/QUOTE. Not sure what you call the " blend master" but we had it with him at our hotel. He has forgotten more than I know. He was kind enough to schedule a private tasting tomorrow...I do NOT need any other passions!


Yea, check out the beautiful color on the old stuff they used to blen the midleton's
quote:
Originally posted by MoselleLuxemburg:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Midleton 20th Anniversary Limited Edition.


Pardon ? Roll Eyes What does a 3500€ bottle of Irish Whiskey taste like ?


What does an expensive bottle of wine taste like? Wink

I met a guy at Castlemartyr that works at Jameson, and he arranged for a tour, tasting and time of reflection. Cool
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
These should be cask strength,

did they recommend it neat or with a few drops of water?


One or two drops.
Awesome new bottle shop opened in the neighborhood. Lots of cool mixing toys as well as artisan (for lack of a better word) mixers, whiskeys and ryes. Looking forward to delving into the inventory.
Dalmore 12 yo single malt. Bought a bottle at a retail tasting today after enjoying the sample. I'm new to Scotch and am liking this one. Another hobby of consumption I don't need.

Add Reply

Post
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×