Berno, that Pappy 20 is pretty great stuff. Have you tried the 23? I haven't but would love a dram. From what I've heard, it's the Romanee-Conti of bourbons.
quote:
Originally posted by Squirreljam:
Berno, that Pappy 20 is pretty great stuff. Have you tried the 23? I haven't but would love a dram. From what I've heard, it's the Romanee-Conti of bourbons.

I have not, there's a bottle left in my store. It's quite tempting, but I like the 12 year enough to keep me satisfied.
The baby spent the night with Grandma last night so I finally got to sit on the front porch and enjoy a nice glass of Green Spot.
Bookers's Single Barrel Bourbon

you can feel all 127.4 proof on this bad boy.

not as refined as the basil hayden's, this is sharper, but still nice. and a great selection when you walk in from the office and "need a drink"
quote:
Originally posted by jorgerunfast:
Bookers's Single Barrel Bourbon

you can feel all 127.4 proof on this bad boy.

not as refined as the basil hayden's, this is sharper, but still nice. and a great selection when you walk in from the office and "need a drink"

Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by gigabit:
Jose Cuervo Tradicional
Unfortunately there's nothing very Traditional about Cuervo. Big Grin
Cognac Vieux Millénaire (petite champagne), Lheraut
A gift from a good wine-shop, for the 2000 festivities. Rediscovered on a remote place on a shelf. Smile
Anyone tried Avion tequilla? You might recognize the name from Entourage which gives me a hard time taking it seriously. I read a somewhat reputable person write about it being pretty good though. Always skeptical of movie crossover products.
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
One of my favorite sipping Tequilas is Don Julio Anejo. Nice stuff

It is one of my favorites as well.
quote:
Originally posted by gigabit:
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
One of my favorite sipping Tequilas is Don Julio Anejo. Nice stuff

It is one of my favorites as well.


Yes. His Blanco is also my go-to for summer margaritas.

PH
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:
Originally posted by gigabit:
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
One of my favorite sipping Tequilas is Don Julio Anejo. Nice stuff

It is one of my favorites as well.


Yes. His Blanco is also my go-to for summer margaritas.

PH

Thanks for the tip. Smile
quote:
Originally posted by kingofcool:
Anyone tried Avion tequilla? You might recognize the name from Entourage which gives me a hard time taking it seriously. I read a somewhat reputable person write about it being pretty good though. Always skeptical of movie crossover products.


If I recall correctly, this was the brand being tasted at a retail shop recently. I tried both the Reposado and Anejo, and wasn't very impressed. Herrudura's Anejo is about the same price and blows it away IMO.
Johnnie Walker Blue blended Scotch
Clase Azul tequila
Lagavulin 16 Scotch

MacCallan 18 Scotch
Oro Azul tequila
Partida tequila
Last edited by redmeat
I've always leaned toward scotch whiskey, but after ten days in Ireland I'm re-acquiring my taste for Irish whiskey. Not sure how prevalent it is here because I'm just getting back from the trip and again, I haven't looked at Irish whiskeys much, but I really enjoyed Redbreast...
Picking up a bottle of Pappy 12 but it's for a friend for watching our dogs. Going to request he save some for a fishing trip coming up.

Add Reply

Post
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×