quote:
Originally posted by BRR:
quote:
Originally posted by mneeley490:
Went to a tasting at the 2bar distillery tonight. I already have a bottle of their bourbon, but tried their vodka and moonshine whiskey. Much smaller operation than I thought, considering the local press it's been generating, but have to say, both were top notch.

Good to know. Which would you buy if only buying one bottle?

Depends on what you are in to.
My vodka days are mostly behind me, but, as explained to me, vodka made before the 60's actually had some flavor to it. Unlike most vodkas today (unless they have some horrible, ungodly flavoring mixed in) which are distilled and filtered so many times they are nearly tasteless. 2Bar only filters it twice, so you can actually taste the grain in the product. It's quite interesting.
I'm not really qualified to judge moonshine, but their's was good, and I did not go blind.
I bought the bourbon, based mainly on recommendations by Seattle bartenders, and it's rarity. They haven't made much to date, but they are increasing production. It's aged 9 months in 15 gallon barrels, but it is more mature tasting than you might think. I don't think Pappy is running scared yet, but this is proof that decent bourbon can be made outside Kentucky.

Tomorrow, I'm off to SODO Spirits for a shochu tasting.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
Ardbeg - Corryvreckan

Eek Eek

That's a big 'un.

It is indeed. Massive. The 115 proof and wall of peat is special.

My better half and I have a long standing joke about scotch from a visit to the Talisker distillery many years ago. After the tour there was a tasting during which we overhead a woman behind us tell her husband/boyfriend that Talisker was not a ladies drink. J laughed because she really likes Talisker. The other night when she tried the Corryvreckan, she pronounced that it was not for her in those same terms. Big Grin
quote:
quote:
quote:
Ardbeg - Corryvreckan

Eek Eek

That's a big 'un.

It is indeed. Massive. The 115 proof and wall of peat is special.

My better half and I have a long standing joke about scotch from a visit to the Talisker distillery many years ago. After the tour there was a tasting during which we overhead a woman behind us tell her husband/boyfriend that Talisker was not a ladies drink. J laughed because she really likes Talisker. The other night when she tried the Corryvreckan, she pronounced that it was not for her in those same terms. Big Grin

lol
The Ardbegs are big in terms of peat, but they do have a touch of sweetness (for the ladies ? Wink )that Talisker does not have. The big Taliskers, such as the 20yr Cask Strength, are Malts without compromise.
But ok, the Corryvreckan or Supernova stuff comes close.
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
Tried the Lagavulin Distiller's Edition and liked it. A bit restrained in comparison with the 16, but nice on its own merits.

Cool
A little less pungent than the 16yr, but i think the big Lagavulin flavours combined with mighty PX Sherry wood makes for a fabulous symbiosis.
quote:
Originally posted by MoselleLuxemburg:
Shochu ? Is that the same kind of beverage than Korean Soju ?

Similar, but not quite the same. As it was explained to me, Shochu uses a fungus called koji during the fermentation process (not so different from noble rot). This koji rounds off the rough edges of the alcohol, and gives it a smoother, sweeter flavor than sake or soju.
They tell me it's outselling sake in Japan, and is very popular with women watching their figures, and salarymen who want to drink on weeknights, but also be able to get up in the morning.
Some info here.
Woody Creek Stobrawa vodka.

Stobrawa Potatoes grown on site (in Colorado) , everything else is from on site and distilled once in some pretty beautiful German stills.

I'm not a vodka connoisseur but holy moly that's good vodka. It has actual taste and amazing body.

(Full disclosure, the distillery manager is a very good friend. This did not colour the fact this is as good a vodka as I've ever had.)
A few bourbons while celebrating the KY Derby:
Woodford Reserve
1792 Ridgemont Reserve
Blanton's
Basil Hayden's
E.H. Taylor Small Batch
E.H. Taylor Single Barrel
E.H. Taylor Barrel Proof
Four Roses Single Barrel

Finished it off with a little Scotch:
Bruichladdich "The Laddies Ten
Bought a litre bottle of Remy Martin Cognac Reserve Cellar Selection Cellar No. 28 at airport duty-free. Not sure what the "Cellar No 28" is about, but it comes in a bottle very similar to their XO bottle. Tried it last night, and it's extremely smooth, lots of caramel notes, slightly sweet on the very long finish, just a touch medicinal. I would like to try this side-by-side with the XO some time, as I think they're probably quite similar.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by aphilla:
Fontpinot Tres Vieille Reserve

Just curious, is that the XO or is it a different Fontpinot bottling? Should rock anyway.

I'm not absolutely sure, but I think it's a different label for the same bottling.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by aphilla:
And now that I look back, I think I bought this on a recommendation from you (the Fontpinot XO) so I think it is.

That's plausible, really one of my favourite Cognacs, allthough not the most approachable one to start with. What do you think?

I liked it quite a bit, and thanks for the recommendation. It is intense. I think in your original recommendation you said if you like Delamain pale and dry you'll like this. I do, but it's not an obvious step to me. I'll probably have to have them side-by-side, on a few occasions, to be sure I full understand ;-).
Mount Gay 1703 Old Cask Selection - I am not a rum drinker, but this was pretty good stuff.

Bushmills 16 Year Old Irish Whiskey - This is aged in sherry and port barrels; not my thing. The whiskey was too dark - I wound up giving the bottle away
I had a gin epiphany last night when I tried Dillon's Unfiltered and Rose Gins. I've never been a gin guy, and would certainly not consider drinking it straight up at room temperature, but these were smooth and flavorful with a finish that went on forever. Truly amazing stuff. I need to get my hands on a bottle or two.
quote:
Cragganmore 29 special edition

Sir, you have tremendous access to some beautiful malts and cognacs. Are they all out of your collection (I believe I read somewhere here that you have over 700 bottles)? If so, nice work on building such a fine cellar. I've been a malt enthusiast for years but have only been collecting recently. 700 bottles seems a long way off for me. Again, kudos.

How was the oldie cragganmore? The entry level official bottling (12 year old, I believe) is always pleasing.
quote:
Originally posted by Armani Widowmaker:
quote:
Cragganmore 29 special edition

Sir, you have tremendous access to some beautiful malts and cognacs. Are they all out of your collection (I believe I read somewhere here that you have over 700 bottles)? If so, nice work on building such a fine cellar. I've been a malt enthusiast for years but have only been collecting recently. 700 bottles seems a long way off for me. Again, kudos.

How was the oldie cragganmore? The entry level official bottling (12 year old, I believe) is always pleasing.

700 bottles? That sounds wine cellar. Nah, it's about 100 bottles of Malt and Cognac. I've brought some directly from Scotland, some years ago, like that Cragganmore 29. But then there are several great shops around here, one that carries >500 different Malt Whiskys and organizes tastings with some distillery representants.

The Cragganmore 29 was intriguingly complex, despite no help from peat and sherry. Typical Cragganmore balance, like the 12, but in a totally different league of complexity and power. I think it will need a lot more tastings to fully explore.
quote:
Originally posted by Redhawk:
Does anyone have any ideas for a mixed drink using Limoncello? My wife bought a big bottle at the duty-free shop, and now it's just occupying space in our freezer. I don't really care for it straight up or on the rocks.

This manly thing...I sneak sips when the Mrs. orders these.

Or, just 50/50 with some Tito's.
quote:
Originally posted by Redhawk:
Does anyone have any ideas for a mixed drink using Limoncello? My wife bought a big bottle at the duty-free shop, and now it's just occupying space in our freezer. I don't really care for it straight up or on the rocks.

I actually make my own Limoncello...fun hobby. I drink it ice cold neat but I notice when I have parties, the ladies like to mix it with sparklers.
quote:
Ardbeg 10. Smokey, peaty, but sweet and plush. So good. Probably not best value for money, but sometimes that doesn't matter.

Hard to find better malt value for money, imho. Certainly one of my favourite basic distillery expressions, along with Clynelish 14, Cragganmore 12 and Highland-Park 12.
If i should rank them, i'say Clynelish 14 #1, Ardbeg 10 #2
quote:
quote:
Ardbeg 10. Smokey, peaty, but sweet and plush. So good. Probably not best value for money, but sometimes that doesn't matter.

Hard to find better malt value for money, imho. Certainly one of my favourite basic distillery expressions, along with Clynelish 14, Cragganmore 12 and Highland-Park 12.
If i should rank them, i'say Clynelish 14 #1, Ardbeg 10 #2

You're on to something. Each of those - clynelish 14, hp 12, and ardbeg 10 - is usd$50 near me. While not cheap, that is a good price to quality. I stand corrected.

I've had plenty of $80+ malts that were not as good. My problem is that I have enjoyed tremendously several bottles of black bottle blended whisky for 20 bucks. Not ardbeg quality, of course, but it skewed my value perspective.
quote:
Originally posted by BOMBA503:
Paradise Village in Nuevo Vallarta. Last minute trip with kids and took package which offered best airfare. Looking forward to spending Sunday night on the Malecon

In all the years I've gone, for some reason, I've never set foot in Nuevo. I'm a walker/explorer. I just like being close to the city. And you have access to good tequila everywhere.
Sunday evening on the Malecon is magical, especially if you have small kids.
quote:
quote:
Paradise Village in Nuevo Vallarta. Last minute trip with kids and took package which offered best airfare. Looking forward to spending Sunday night on the Malecon

In all the years I've gone, for some reason, I've never set foot in Nuevo. I'm a walker/explorer. I just like being close to the city. And you have access to good tequila everywhere.

My kids (10 and 14) have two requirements. Water slides and good wifi hence Nuevo Vallarta. Heading in last night it was pouring but we grabbed dinner and the weather cleared. Was a wonderful night strolling the Malecon.
quote:
quote:
quote:

My kids (10 and 14) have two requirements. Water slides and good wifi hence Nuevo Vallarta. Heading in last night it was pouring but we grabbed dinner and the weather cleared. Was a wonderful night strolling the Malecon.

If you get the chance, Anejo Limon is a fantastic restaurant in the old part of town.
<Sorry for the thread drift>
quote:
Originally posted by Rothko:
quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:
quote:
The Plantation XO: Is that the 20th Anniversary Extra Old?

That's the one.

Seems like a good price. And Total Wine carries it. I will pick some up.

Not sure if I have that precise one, but I have enjoyed all the Plantation Rums. First had them a number of years ago at the Rum Bar in Key West. Bahama Bob knows his sh*t

Bahama Bob's Rum Blog
quote:
quote:
quote:
The Plantation XO: Is that the 20th Anniversary Extra Old?

That's the one.

Seems like a good price. And Total Wine carries it. I will pick some up.

Binny's carries it locally for about $45, although I've seen it for less online.
quote:
So I went and bought a bottle of the Plantation XO and tried some on Saturday night. Really, really, really good. What an aroma.

Thanks for the recommendation. This is the best rum I have ever had.

Had some at the Rum Bar on Friday. Really excellent
quote:
Originally posted by PD2K:
Johnny Walker Blue

I know that some people look down on JW Blue, but I had it a couple years ago, and while I am not a big Scotch drinker, I thought it was really quite good.

Of course, maybe since I am not a big Scotch drinker, I don't really know what I am talking about...
quote:
Originally posted by TPEwinedrinker:
quote:
Caol Ila "smoke on the water" 1996/2008 bottle issued for whisky fair "whisky live Verviers"

wow... impressive bottle. one i would LOVE to try. nicely done.

yes, lovely bottle i found in a nearby shop, along with two other funny musically named whisky fair bottles, Longmorn "walking on the moon" and Strathisla "here come the rain again"
I'm (i was) not even a particular fan of Caol Ila, but this one, nomen est omen, is fascinating. Even though cask strength at 56.6%vol , this doesn't need a single drop of water. Smoky yet very balanced.
while sipping some Ardbeg Supernova...

ok this is not quite the same thing as that huge bourbon distillery, but it is quite common some big distillery is marketing some seemingly smaller brands. I am thinking of Irelands Cooley distillery for instance, that is marketing various different labels, such as Connemara peated Irish whiskey, that has no real relationship to Irelands Connemara region. Well at least the whisky is not bad at all, same as the whisky from that huge Bourbon distillery.

I'd not be surprised either, to find a mix of whisky distilled at some huge distillery, but aged in casks at some local "producer", not far from the concept of independent scotch malt bottlings. Some newly opened distilleries should not be blamed buying some stuff from a distillery imho, but they should correctly inform the consumer.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by cuffthis:
That is the best aged rum in the market now, IMHO. It's delicious.

quote:
Sipping on some Plantation XO right now. Cool

I agree.

Ok, you guys got me curious, so I picked up a bottle. Haven't had much rum in recent years that wasn't in a daquiri, so how do you guys take it? Straight? Rocks? Coke? Wink
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

I agree.

Ok, you guys got me curious, so I picked up a bottle. Haven't had much rum in recent years that wasn't in a daquiri, so how do you guys take it? Straight? Rocks? Coke? Wink

I prefer it straight - no rocks needed IMO.
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

I agree.

I prefer it straight - no rocks needed IMO.

Yes normally neat. Unless outside in summer then on the rocks
The last few drops of a bottle Cognac Pierre Ferrand Selection des Anges, as Sunday-afternoon after-lunch-digestif. Clearly a bottle i'll seek again, despite it's price. 2 years of high class culinary pleasure, at 100€ a bottle, hard to beat with bottles of wine.
0ne of my personal top Cognacs,
#1 Frapin Extra
#2 Frapin VIP XO
#3 Pierre Ferrand Selection des Anges
#4 Camus Borderies XO
#5 Frapin Chateau de Fontpinot XO
#6 Delamain Pale & Dry
#7 Raymond Ragnaud fine Champagne
Plantation 5 yr old is the best aged rum qpr today. For $16.99/750ml, it's a steal. Drink it neat. I keep mine in the fridge or wine cellar at 56F to cool it down, holding off the burn.

quote:
Originally posted by TBA:
Plantation 5 yr old

I have a friend who loves rum. So I picked up a bottle for $20 and gave it to him in the middle of a round on his course last week. Sampled it on the rocks. Smooth.....
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
quote:
Originally posted by patespo1:
Grappa

On purpose? Ack

I tried different styles in Italy last year, and all I discovered was that it's not for me. Wink

Yes, it's an after dinner drink that I have really grown to love. It's definitely not for everyone
Old Reserve 1999 Plantation Rum, Jamaica, single cask, Port cask finish, selected by the Nectar Belgium.
My very first exploration into the world of fine rum, beyond Zacapa.

I must say the underlying distilled sugar aromatics is beautiful. Could this beat a Balvenie Port wood? Not quite. interesting competitor vs a Glenrothes Port wood though. Would like to taste this at 21yr vs Balvenie.
quote:
Old Reserve 1999 Plantation Rum, Jamaica, single cask, Port cask finish, selected by the Nectar Belgium.
My very first exploration into the world of fine rum, beyond Zacapa.

I must say the underlying distilled sugar aromatics is beautiful. Could this beat a Balvenie Port wood? Not quite. interesting competitor vs a Glenrothes Port wood though. Would like to taste this at 21yr vs Balvenie.

Nice...always wanted to try this but very hard to find. Aged premium rums are the bargain of the spirit world.
Wet Duncan's head with the last of my 1980 Glenfarclas family cask, along with some Macallan Ruby and Lagavulin PX cask.

I'm not a huge scotch guy and I doubt I'll ever replace that bottle of Glenfarclas my dad gave me (he IS a scotch guy...) but wow that's good stuff.

Loved the ruby and the PX even more.

Duncan graham sutherland, with that name and ginger hair, I doubt this will be the last scotch drunk with/for him!
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
Wet Duncan's head with the last of my 1980 Glenfarclas family cask, along with some Macallan Ruby and Lagavulin PX cask.

I'm not a huge scotch guy and I doubt I'll ever replace that bottle of Glenfarclas my dad gave me (he IS a scotch guy...) but wow that's good stuff.

Duncan graham sutherland, with that name and ginger hair, I doubt this will be the last scotch drunk with/for him!

never heard of macallan ruby, but interested in locating some. that whole lineup sounds like good drinking.
quote:
quote:

never heard of macallan ruby, but interested in locating some. that whole lineup sounds like good drinking.

It's their 1824 collection. Goes by colour with each bottle in sherry casks for different lengths of time. The ruby is the oldest then sienna, gold etc... Very easy drinking.
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's their 1824 collection. Goes by colour with each bottle in sherry casks for different lengths of time. The ruby is the oldest then sienna, gold etc... Very easy drinking.

VERY nice... ah, no wonder i haven't seen it... not distributed to either US or Taiwan... I see Canada gets it though.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Shane T.:
quote:
Pappy van winkle 23

Cool

Slummin' it tonight, huh?!

haha... just relaxing with friends and enjoying life's many blessings.

That's what it's all about, man. Enjoy.

I was lucky enough to try a couple pours from SD Wineaux's stash recently. Incredible stuff.
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Pappy van winkle 23

Cool

Slummin' it tonight, huh?!

haha... just relaxing with friends and enjoying life's many blessings.

That's what it's all about, man. Enjoy.

I was lucky enough to try a couple pours from SD Wineaux's stash recently. Incredible stuff.

many thanks ShaneT. I agree, that is what life is all about. Glad you got to experience that sweet nectar of the gods recently. we gotta get you up here for an offline soon.
With 99,99% probability:
Lagavulin Distillers edition, PX shery cask
(from an unlabeled 20cl bottle, i tend to keep 20cl of past malt bottles for later enjoyment, filling them into 20cl bottles. This enables high fill, thus low Oxygene contact. Usually i know about the contents of the bottle, by its location on my shelf, however moving to a new appartment caused a little mess in my 20cl bottles collection Identifying this malt is a no-brainer, the very deep color, peat and a very deep sherry note, unmistakably Lugavulins PX monster)
... and from a box containing 12 different Japanese Nikka Whiskies in 40ml glass tubes :
Nikka All Malt
Nikka Miyagikyo 10

(funny box, containing:
Nikka All Malt,
Nikka from the barrel,
Super Nikka,
Nikka Pure Malt Red,
Nikka Pure Malt Black,
Nikka Pure Malt White,
Nikka 17 Taketsuru,
Nikka 21 Taketsuru,
Miyagikyo 10,
Yoichi 10,
Miyagikyo 15,
Yoichi 15)
Lots to explore, in the weeks to come...
quote:
... and from a box containing 12 different Japanese Nikka Whiskies in 40ml glass tubes :
Nikka All Malt
Nikka Miyagikyo 10

(funny box, containing:
Nikka All Malt,
Nikka from the barrel,
Super Nikka,
Nikka Pure Malt Red,
Nikka Pure Malt Black,
Nikka Pure Malt White,
Nikka 17 Taketsuru,
Nikka 21 Taketsuru,
Miyagikyo 10,
Yoichi 10,
Miyagikyo 15,
Yoichi 15)

Interesting. I've never had Japanese whiskey. What are your thoughts? Is it like scotch, or more like American whiskeys?
quote:
quote:
Nikka All Malt
Nikka Miyagikyo 10

(funny box, containing:
Nikka All Malt,
Nikka from the barrel,
Super Nikka,
Nikka Pure Malt Red,
Nikka Pure Malt Black,
Nikka Pure Malt White,
Nikka 17 Taketsuru,
Nikka 21 Taketsuru,
Miyagikyo 10,
Yoichi 10,
Miyagikyo 15,
Yoichi 15)

Interesting. I've never had Japanese whiskey. What are your thoughts? Is it like scotch, or more like American whiskeys?

It's very much like scotch single malt Whisky, (at least Yoichi and Miygakyo)
Obviously there's a deep relationship between Japan and Scotland, some renowned scotch distilleries have Japanese owners nowadays.
The relationship is mutual, look at the pagoda design, common to many distilleries in scotland (eg.: Strathisla)

Japanese Whiskys have a permanent and prominent place in my single-malt collection, serious stuff.
quote:
Japanese Whiskys have a permanent and prominent place in my single-malt collection, serious stuff.

Absolutely, in full agreement. What Japan is doing right now with whiskey, is benchmark stuff. Hibiki 17 is hard to beat. Even cheaper stuff like Hakushu 12 is really top notch. Miyagikyo 15 can go toe-to-toe with anything scotland has to offer.
quote:
Originally posted by The Web:
quote:
Originally posted by bdklein:
Tito's Vodka

Had a classic dirty Martini made with Tito's on Sunday evening and it was heaven. Love that stuff.

tito's is nice, but i have yet to find any vodka that can compete with the complexity and flavor of gin. vodka is just so bland.
quote:

tito's is nice, but i have yet to find any vodka that can compete with the complexity and flavor of gin. vodka is just so bland.

Gin has never been my thing, but to ensure that I am a well rounded person I'll start experimenting with Gin martinis.
quote:
quote:

Gin has never been my thing, but to ensure that I am a well rounded person I'll start experimenting with Gin martinis.

a nice gin, with a splash of st germain, shaken and served up with a lemon twist is hard to beat.
Agreed on Vodka, have tried and tried and just cant figure it out. Only time I have vodka is in a bloody mary (if I dont use tequila) and screw drivers...

TPE...So you prefer St Germain to Vermouth? What is it that you like comparing to a nice vermouth?
quote:
Originally posted by marcb7:
Agreed on Vodka, have tried and tried and just cant figure it out. Only time I have vodka is in a bloody mary (if I dont use tequila) and screw drivers...

TPE...So you prefer St Germain to Vermouth? What is it that you like comparing to a nice vermouth?

Oh, I have a special love for a nice vermouth as well. Really, my preference of st germain or vermouth is almost entirely dependent on whether I am feeling olives, onions or just a twist. When garnishing with olives and onions, I always go vermouth. When I am including some fruit (lemon twist or orange peel wedge if drinking rusty blade), I go with the st germain, which compliments the fruit better. Additionally, for those that are new to gin, the st germain offers a slight hint of sweetness that helps ease the transition, and it tastes darn good.
quote:
quote:
quote:

a nice gin, with a splash of st germain, shaken and served up with a lemon twist is hard to beat.

Big +1
quote:
quote:
quote:
Tito's Vodka

Had a classic dirty Martini made with Tito's on Sunday evening and it was heaven. Love that stuff.

At the risk of sounding like a shill (the distillery manager and his wife are very 'Dear Friends') you should really try Woody Creek Vodka. 100% potato grown at the distillery's farm and mashed the day it's harvested and then single distilled. The regular vodka is very good and the Stobrawa potato one is honestly fantastic. Full of flavour and great mouthfeel. I'm not a vodka guy but it is really good stuff.

Usually I don't get vodka either but this was different.
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Tito's Vodka

At the risk of sounding like a shill (the distillery manager and his wife are very 'Dear Friends') you should really try Woody Creek Vodka. 100% potato grown at the distillery's farm and mashed the day it's harvested and then single distilled. The regular vodka is very good and the Stobrawa potato one is honestly fantastic. Full of flavour and great mouthfeel. I'm not a vodka guy but it is really good stuff.

Usually I don't get vodka either but this was different.

Thanks for the recommendation Rob- will seek it out!
quote:
quote:

Oh, I have a special love for a nice vermouth as well. Really, my preference of st germain or vermouth is almost entirely dependent on whether I am feeling olives, onions or just a twist. When garnishing with olives and onions, I always go vermouth. When I am including some fruit (lemon twist or orange peel wedge if drinking rusty blade), I go with the st germain, which compliments the fruit better. Additionally, for those that are new to gin, the st germain offers a slight hint of sweetness that helps ease the transition, and it tastes darn good.

Interesting...thanks. Im guessing the St Germain wont pair well with a gin like hendricks which is pretty much all I drink. Ive looked for the rusty blade but no luck so far. The state of NH is similar to the monopoly north of the border....if its not in the state liquor store you have to go out of state to get it, but dont expect it to be shipped to you.
quote:
quote:
quote:

Interesting...thanks. Im guessing the St Germain wont pair well with a gin like hendricks which is pretty much all I drink. Ive looked for the rusty blade but no luck so far. The state of NH is similar to the monopoly north of the border....if its not in the state liquor store you have to go out of state to get it, but dont expect it to be shipped to you.

I have had it with Hendricks plenty of times - I think it goes well but not in Martinis - I have had it in St. Germain 75s.
quote:

Very nice. How long have you been planning for this occasion?
quote:
Originally posted by Juicy:
quote:

Just over 9 months now Razz (well we were "planning" for a month or two before that, the early "planning" is the best part!) If he had stayed in my wife's belly much longer she would have become quite violent and he probably would have been able to walk out...
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Juicy:
quote:

Just over 9 months now Razz (well we were "planning" for a month or two before that, the early "planning" is the best part!) If he had stayed in my wife's belly much longer she would have become quite violent and he probably would have been able to walk out...

Congratulations. All that practice appears to have paid off exponentially. Now she can actually enjoy with you instead of only being able to share by reading your tasting notes.
I have several close family members in Scotland. I'm still not sure which way they voted. Either way, I will probably have to celebrate the affirmation of Scottish dependence with a wee dram of something. Maybe finish off that Glenfiddich 30 I have squirreled away.
Laphroaig 17yr 1987/2005, Old Malt Cask series, Douglas Laing
funny notes here:
clicky

Nose: Burnt rubber, pencil erasers, toothpaste, sweet elastoplast... Palate: medicinal... ropey finish

Laphroaig without any doubt LOL

Reminds me one of my favourite Star Trek scenes: Commander Data at the bar, trying out his new emotion chip:
Data: "I hate this! It is revolting!"
Bartender Whoopi: "More?"
Data: "Please"

Add Reply

Likes (0)