Skip to main content

...at the moment:

Cognac
- Tesseron Lot #53, XO Perfection
- Tesseron Lot #76, XO Tradition

Armagnac
- Francis Darroze Bas Armagnac Les Grands Assemblages
- Tariquet Bas Armagnac XO

Whisky
- Laphroaig 12y
- Laphroaig 18y
- Caol Ila 12y
- Macallan Fine Oak 12y
- Macallan Fine Oak 18y
- Macallan Cask Strenght
- Macallan Amber (sweet)

Vodka
- Xellent Swiss Vodka

Gin
- Monkey 47 Distillers Cut (what a nose!!!)
quote:
Originally posted by Spiritus:
...at the moment:

Cognac
- Tesseron Lot #53, XO Perfection
- Tesseron Lot #76, XO Tradition

Armagnac
- Francis Darroze Bas Armagnac Les Grands Assemblages
- Tariquet Bas Armagnac XO

Whisky
- Laphroaig 12y
- Laphroaig 18y
- Caol Ila 12y
- Macallan Fine Oak 12y
- Macallan Fine Oak 18y
- Macallan Cask Strenght
- Macallan Amber (sweet)

Vodka
- Xellent Swiss Vodka

Gin
- Monkey 47 Distillers Cut (what a nose!!!)


Your nick seems well chosen, Spiritus Smile ,very nice selection, which was your favourite?
quote:
Originally posted by MoselleLuxemburg:
quote:
Originally posted by Spiritus:
...at the moment:

Cognac
- Tesseron Lot #53, XO Perfection
- Tesseron Lot #76, XO Tradition

Armagnac
- Francis Darroze Bas Armagnac Les Grands Assemblages
- Tariquet Bas Armagnac XO

Whisky
- Laphroaig 12y
- Laphroaig 18y
- Caol Ila 12y
- Macallan Fine Oak 12y
- Macallan Fine Oak 18y
- Macallan Cask Strenght
- Macallan Amber (sweet)

Vodka
- Xellent Swiss Vodka

Gin
- Monkey 47 Distillers Cut (what a nose!!!)


Your nick seems well chosen, Spiritus Smile ,very nice selection, which was your favourite?


My nick hasn't to do with spirits, even when it looks like Wink

My favourites at the moment:
=> Tesseron Lot #53, XO Perfection (incredible good, but - unfortunately - expensive)
=> Laphroaig 18y (I love Islay!!!)
=> Monkey 47 Distillers Cut (best Gin I ever had)
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:
Originally posted by Gigond Ass:
Bunnahabhain 18


GA, what are your thoughts on that? I have the 12 and the 18 and don't think I'll ever buy the 18 again. I prefer cheaper Lagavulin 16 to the Bunnahabhain 18.
Apples and oranges IMHO. The Bunnahabhain is one of the lightest Islay malts I've ever had when it comes to that peaty flavor. I thought it was very smooth in comparison to the Lagavulin, the Laphroag, or a number of Adbergs I've had. Reminds me more of a Highland malt actually.

I like it. Not sure if I like it more than the classic Islay malts, but I think it's a good dram.
I know that some people complain about the price 115-120 GBP and and the outragious packaging... but frankly I find it a more than acceptable bottling. I like HP and this one did not disappoint at 52.1% and quite a finish. If people had an expectation that this is HP 30 Y.O., then that is wrong. Nothing that amazing but it is much lower in price

When I finish this bottle, I will definitely get another one. I guess that is one way to see if I liked it. 20,000 bottles so not as limited as some would note.
quote:
Originally posted by BRR:
A nip or two of Aberlour A'bunadh cut with a little H20. Pretty good, but not amazing. I'm finding that I really don't prefer cask strength Scotch.


Water doesn't work well with the Aberlour A'bunadh, imho, because it is a very sherried kind of Malt. The water quickly kills the sherry aroma and leaves a burnt impression. I know it,s a hard experience, but my recommendation is: drink it neat. Sip a few drops only and leave them in your mouth, letting the saliva add the necessary drops of water. Sounds odd, but i think that's the best way to enjoy this particular malt. Give it a try.
quote:
Originally posted by MoselleLuxemburg:
quote:
Originally posted by BRR:
A nip or two of Aberlour A'bunadh cut with a little H20. Pretty good, but not amazing. I'm finding that I really don't prefer cask strength Scotch.


Water doesn't work well with the Aberlour A'bunadh, imho, because it is a very sherried kind of Malt. The water quickly kills the sherry aroma and leaves a burnt impression. I know it,s a hard experience, but my recommendation is: drink it neat. Sip a few drops only and leave them in your mouth, letting the saliva add the necessary drops of water. Sounds odd, but i think that's the best way to enjoy this particular malt. Give it a try.


Excellent! Thanks for the tip. I'll give it a try (it'll be a real tough assignment Big Grin).

Add Reply

Post
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×