quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
Grilled lamb loin with rice and veggies. Mint jelly on the lamb naturally.
Which do you prefer, mint jelly or mint sauce or neither?


Neither, but if I have to choose, mint sauce.

What I would really prefer with the lamb though is something from your cellar.......
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
Grilled lamb loin with rice and veggies. Mint jelly on the lamb naturally.
Which do you prefer, mint jelly or mint sauce or neither?


Neither, but if I have to choose, mint sauce.

What I would really prefer with the lamb though is something from your cellar.......

Like a nice La-La?
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
Grilled lamb loin with rice and veggies. Mint jelly on the lamb naturally.
Which do you prefer, mint jelly or mint sauce or neither?


Neither, but if I have to choose, mint sauce.

What I would really prefer with the lamb though is something from your cellar.......

Like a nice La-La?


That would do nicely, actually. Cool Nothing like syrah (or dare I say, shiraz?!) and lamb!
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
Which do you prefer, mint jelly or mint sauce or neither?


A big neither for me. I've always thought mint jelly/sauce was for either mutton or overcooked gray lamb. Give me properly cooked and marinated/spiced young lamb, and I'll save the mint for a julep!

Wink

PH
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
Was running around at lunch and had to hit up a fast food place, so Popeye's it was.


Probably my favorite fast food chain.

PH


Agree as long as there is no Chick-Fil-A close by.
I was standing on the edge of my toilet hanging a clock, the porcelain was wet, I slipped, hit my head on the sink, and when I came to I had a revelation!

i had two untouched $5 jerk chicken & ricenpeas & slaw combos in the fridge. chopped up the chicken, got out the wok, a few peas, some green onions and an egg later: jerk chicken fried rice npeas.

not sure why i havent thought of this earlier.
quote:
Originally posted by vinoevelo:
I was standing on the edge of my toilet hanging a clock, the porcelain was wet, I slipped, hit my head on the sink, and when I came to I had a revelation!

i had two untouched $5 jerk chicken & ricenpeas & slaw combos in the fridge. chopped up the chicken, got out the wok, a few peas, some green onions and an egg later: jerk chicken fried rice npeas.

not sure why i havent thought of this earlier.

Ummm...lunch sounds good, but you might want to see a doctor about that concussion you likely sustained...
All-you-can-eat sushi buffet at Hamanasu in downtown Seattle. This might be the best bargain in downtown right now. While it's not "sushi master" level stuff, it's tasty and quite high quality. All for $17. I think I exceeded my sodium RDA by about, oh, 500%.

Arrived yesterday at Palais Royal, Paris, 10:00 a.m. local time, and before their noon opening we were waiting outside Zebulon, one of our favourite eateries in this great city of food.

An unexpected menu item-- one that we both love so of course we both ordered it-- was gazpacho, and here the presentation was particularly beautiful.  Our bowls were divided in the middle by a nice queue of small wedges of heirloom tomatoes, diced cucumber, bell peppers, chopped shrimp, and lovely tiny yellow and blue flowers. After our eyes had eaten this for a bit, the chilled and lightly chunky tomato soup was poured around the bowls, absolutely delicious.  I enjoy making gazpacho in the summer, and will remember this presentation when I want to impress people after we get home. 

For mains, my wife had grilled cod with a shrimp emulsion and a tiny bit of risotto, while I had an extremely tender-- fork cuttable-- braised shoulder of baby veal, with some lovely vegetables, in a tasty sauce that was in consistency right between jus and demi glace.  And lots of excellent baguette with that wonderful sweet Normandy butter that never seems to taste as good outside of France.  A chilled bottle of 2015 Bret Brothers Pouilly Vinzelle La Souffrandiere was a nice accompaniment. I passed on dessert, but my wife somehow found room for apricot cake in apricot creme served with decadent in-house made pistachio ice cream.

We didn't need dinner afterwards, but still managed by early evening to choke down some fruit, ComtĂ©, baguette from Boulangerie Julien which is a great bakery, and a glass or two of 2014 Chateau La Peyreyre, a low-end Haut Medoc that our rental company comped us. We'll pick up a few bottles of more desirable wine this afternoon.

Man, I love being in Paris!

Add Reply

Likes (0)
×
×
×
×