What concerts have you been to lately?

The Revivalists @The Beacon in NYC. Was lucky enough to get an All-Access Backstage Pass so I got to meet the band (again) and wander about. One of the coolest things, outside the show itself, was the elevator at the venue that takes you to 8 different floors with small separate rooms for band, family, friends, staff, etc... The inside of that elevator must have had hundreds of signatures from artists who had performed there over the years. They covered all the walls and ceiling of that small elevator. I didn't get much time in there, but I can only imagine the great autographs from that excellent venue. A fun night to be sure.

bman posted:
thelostverse posted:

Going to see Randy Bachman tonight - one of my favorite singers.

You may be shocked to see him, he looks very old and thin. We saw him perform with Fred Turner at the Invictus Games closing ceremony last year.  

Well, he is getting older.  About 15 years ago, he was very overweight and had surgery, I believe a gastric bypass and lost a lot of weight.  I don't know how thin he is now, but he looked pretty good a few years after the surgery.

sunnylea57 posted:

Richard Thompson Electric Trio @ Queen Elizabeth Theatre

So he's playing at my favorite small club ten minutes away on Monday night. Gonna try to catch the show based upon your posts

Honestly know nothing about him. Debating whether to listen to some of his stuff or go in cold. Leaning toward going in cold.

bomba503 posted:
sunnylea57 posted:

Richard Thompson Electric Trio @ Queen Elizabeth Theatre

So he's playing at my favorite small club ten minutes away on Monday night. Gonna try to catch the show based upon your posts

Honestly know nothing about him. Debating whether to listen to some of his stuff or go in cold. Leaning toward going in cold.

Oh very cool. I just checked and it's his trio. It'd be great to see him in a small club. 

If you DO want to listen in advance, the video I posted on pg 2 of this thread is a good place to start. It's a full 100 minute concert from this past summer.

Hope you go, and hope you like it.

Gonna do my best and it's a really small club. My favorite venue and same place I saw the Matthew Sweet show a couple months back. Should be no problem to get a comfortable spot within 10 ft of him. If you ever make it back here, I'd love to take you to a show here. Amazing place and there's even a decent urban winery (they bring in grapes from Napa, Sonoma, Paso etc.) Across the street to pregame at

Randy Rogers Band at the San Diego House of Blues.  Not too much country music comes out west, unless they are part of a big headline show (Luke Bryan/Kenny Chesney etc) with 15K people.  Really fun to see it in a smaller venue.  Not quite as much fun as seeing them in their element in Austin, but I'll take what I can get.  

Add Reply

Likes (0)