Just got passes for my daughter and I to see CHIC with Nile Rodgers and Duran Duran tonight at Sleep Train Ampitheatre
quote:
Originally posted by BOMBA503:
Just got passes for my daughter and I to see CHIC with Nile Rodgers and Duran Duran tonight at Sleep Train Ampitheatre


Well that took a right turnSmile We got invited to Dance on the stage with Nile Rodgers and Chic to their classic Good Times and got to hang with him after their set. A great fun memory for my daughter.
Went to Way Home festival just north of Barrie. Finally got to see LCD Soundsystem amongst others (Foals, Last Shadow Puppets, Chvrches, Metric, Gary Clark Jr, UMO, Third Eye Blind -that was a throwback). I met a hero in Alex Turner (Arctic Monkeys and LSP) in VIP during Arcade Fire, so that was me all made up.

Back to Osheaga next year though. Pain in the arse getting in and out of a camping festival each day up north.
Last week I went to our big outdoor amphitheater on back-to-back nights to see Weezer one night, and Kenny Chesney the other. Both pretty much played their greatest hits. Really good, but I'd love to see some lesser known songs or a cover song being thrown in there. You can't help to think that they just do the exact same show every single night.
Pearl Jam last night at Wrigley Field. 3 hours at least. Definitely in my top 3-5 concerts all time. Fantastic, energetic performance. Eddie Vedder spoke of the Tragically Hip and their final show.
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
Pearl Jam last night at Wrigley Field. 3 hours at least. Definitely in my top 3-5 concerts all time. Fantastic, energetic performance. Eddie Vedder spoke of the Tragically Hip and their final show.


Hey man, this made my day.
Jeff Beck with Buddy Guy at the Masonic in San Francisco. Great show with guest appearance by Carlos Santana.
quote:
Originally posted by Fox:
Jeff Beck with Buddy Guy at the Masonic in San Francisco. Great show with guest appearance by Carlos Santana.


Wow.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by Fox:
Jeff Beck with Buddy Guy at the Masonic in San Francisco. Great show with guest appearance by Carlos Santana.


Wow.

Indeed - double wow!
Springsteen played for 4 hours nonstop last night in the meadowlands. He ended the night with jersey girl. For my jersey girl wife (and the other 25,000 jersey girls in attendance) it doesn't get any better.
quote:
Originally posted by Winedrmike:
Springsteen played for 4 hours nonstop last night in the meadowlands. He ended the night with jersey girl. For my jersey girl wife (and the other 25,000 jersey girls in attendance) it doesn't get any better.

Very cool! I've only seen him once, and was fortunate it was one of the last shows with the full band. Frown
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
quote:
Originally posted by Winedrmike:
Springsteen played for 4 hours nonstop last night in the meadowlands. He ended the night with jersey girl. For my jersey girl wife (and the other 25,000 jersey girls in attendance) it doesn't get any better.

Very cool! I've only seen him once, and was fortunate it was one of the last shows with the full band. Frown


Being from NJ, I've seen him probably a dozen times. He normally takes requests from the audience, but last night, one of the requests was Santa Claus is coming to town which is a rare treat. He invited the kid that requested it to come up on stage and sing it with him.
quote:
Originally posted by Winedrmike:
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
quote:
Originally posted by Winedrmike:
Springsteen played for 4 hours nonstop last night in the meadowlands. He ended the night with jersey girl. For my jersey girl wife (and the other 25,000 jersey girls in attendance) it doesn't get any better.

Very cool! I've only seen him once, and was fortunate it was one of the last shows with the full band. Frown


Being from NJ, I've seen him probably a dozen times. He normally takes requests from the audience, but last night, one of the requests was Santa Claus is coming to town which is a rare treat. He invited the kid that requested it to come up on stage and sing it with him.


Saw him in Cleveland early this spring, and he played Youngstown, which is a personal favorite of mine based on our family history in the steel industry.
Going to see him again 9/11 in Pittsburgh, can't wait.
A friend of mine saw him in Norway last month and he did almost a 4 hour show as well.
quote:
Originally posted by BOMBA503:
They let guys from Cleveland go to Pittsburgh? Who knew?


I won't be wearing my Browns gear, that's for sure. Too many knuckleheads over there.
quote:
Originally posted by Winedrmike:
Springsteen played for 4 hours nonstop last night in the meadowlands.



Did he sweat?
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
quote:
Originally posted by Winedrmike:
Springsteen played for 4 hours nonstop last night in the meadowlands.



Did he sweat?


It started during the 2nd song. He played 35 all together.
quote:
Originally posted by Pinotlvr:
Doesn't he only have like 3-4 good songs? Must be a chore to hear 30+ more

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

3-4 more than shit bands like Deaf Leopard! Razz
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
quote:
Originally posted by Pinotlvr:
Doesn't he only have like 3-4 good songs? Must be a chore to hear 30+ more

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

3-4 more than shit bands like Def Leopard! Razz


What Bill said!

Go pour some sugar on yourself......
Please don't encourage him, B. Next thing you know, he takes the bait and we see some "interesting" pictures. on FB. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
Please don't encourage him, B. Next thing you know, he takes the bait and we see some "interesting" pictures. on FB. Wink


Probably nothing I haven't already seen him do at an offline!
quote:
Originally posted by Vino Bevo:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by Fox:
Jeff Beck with Buddy Guy at the Masonic in San Francisco. Great show with guest appearance by Carlos Santana.


Wow.

Indeed - double wow!


Buddy Guy is playing at Deadwood Jam this year on Saturday night with the Motet opening. Alas, I'll be hunting deer with my dad in Nevada. My friends are going to have a great time.
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
Please don't encourage him, B. Next thing you know, he takes the bait and we see some "interesting" pictures. on FB. Wink


What would you like to see? My current plan come Sunday will be football related, but since L is going to see Maroon 5, I could give you a sexy pic of Adam Levine instead Smile
quote:
Originally posted by Pinotlvr:
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
Please don't encourage him, B. Next thing you know, he takes the bait and we see some "interesting" pictures. on FB. Wink


What would you like to see? My current plan come Sunday will be football related, but since L is going to see Maroon 5, I could give you a sexy pic of Adam Levine instead Smile

Ha! Already seen him/them. One of those good husband things. Smile
quote:
Originally posted by scbeerman:
A private concert of less than 300 people at Blackberry Farms in TN (review to follow letter) with Jennifer Nettles.


Blackberry Farm is one of our favorite inns.
Got tickets to see Garth Brooks in October. He's been on my bucket list for sometime and thought I had marked it off, but his entire stop in Tampa last year was cancelled due to soccer on ice playoffs.
quote:
Originally posted by Pinotlvr:
Got tickets to see Garth Brooks in October. He's been on my bucket list for sometime and thought I had marked it off, but his entire stop in Tampa last year was cancelled due to soccer on ice playoffs.


Springsteen may have only had 3-4 good songs, in your opinion, but did Garth ever have any??
Wink
quote:
Originally posted by patespo1:
quote:
Originally posted by Pinotlvr:
Got tickets to see Garth Brooks in October. He's been on my bucket list for sometime and thought I had marked it off, but his entire stop in Tampa last year was cancelled due to soccer on ice playoffs.


Springsteen may have only had 3-4 good songs, in your opinion, but did Garth ever have any??
Wink


Thanks for asking...based on songwriting credits, there are 8, though he didn't write my favorite song that he performs.
Rob Thomas and Counting Crows last night. You forget how many hits Matchbox Twenty cranked out until you hear all of them at once. Counting Crows were a little more subdued, and played only 3 songs from August and Everything After which was a bit disappointing. But man, Adam Duritz has a great voice.
Brantley Gilbert - what a kick ass show!!

Like Springsteen, without the New Jersey attitude, without being associated with New Jersey, with good song writing skills and a good band....oh and good songs
quote:
Originally posted by Pinotlvr:
Brantley Gilbert - what a kick ass show!!

Like Springsteen, without the New Jersey attitude, without being associated with New Jersey, with good song writing skills and a good band....oh and good songs


harsh....... Razz
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:
Originally posted by Pinotlvr:
Brantley Gilbert - what a kick ass show!!

Like Springsteen, without the New Jersey attitude, without being associated with New Jersey, with good song writing skills and a good band....oh and good songs


harsh....... Razz

And bullshit! Smile
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:
Originally posted by Pinotlvr:
Brantley Gilbert - what a kick ass show!!

Like Springsteen, without the New Jersey attitude, without being associated with New Jersey, with good song writing skills and a good band....oh and good songs


harsh....... Razz

And bullshit! Smile


Hey, the not being from New Jersey part is real Big Grin Big Grin

Add Reply

Post
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×