Skip to main content

Johnny Cash tribute at ACL Live for what would have been his 80th birthday - Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, Sheryl Crow, Pat Monahan from Train, Ronnie Dunn, Ray LaMontagne, Lucinda Williams, and a huge list of others with an all-star band fronted by Don Was. Hosted by Matthew McConaughay.

Freakin awesome show - they taped it so be on the lookout for the concert DVD if this is your thing.
quote:
Originally posted by Vino Bevo:
Johnny Cash tribute at ACL Live for what would have been his 80th birthday - Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, Sheryl Crow, Pat Monahan from Train, Ronnie Dunn, Ray LaMontagne, Lucinda Williams, and a huge list of others with an all-star band fronted by Don Was. Hosted by Matthew McConaughay.

Freakin awesome show - they taped it so be on the lookout for the concert DVD if this is your thing.


Standing ovation! Cool
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by Vino Bevo:
Johnny Cash tribute at ACL Live for what would have been his 80th birthday - Willie Nelson, Kris Kristofferson, Sheryl Crow, Pat Monahan from Train, Ronnie Dunn, Ray LaMontagne, Lucinda Williams, and a huge list of others with an all-star band fronted by Don Was. Hosted by Matthew McConaughay.


Standing ovation! Cool

+1
quote:
Originally posted by Arsenal4ever:
Saw The Boss and the new E Street Band last night in San Jose. Uneven concert with some amazing highlights. Can't believe a 62-year old can still play for 3 hours (without a break) and move like he does. Nice tribute to Clarence too.


Glad to read that. I only saw them once, and it was one of the last shows Danny Federici (sp?) played. I'm thankful I got to see the entire lineup.
quote:
Originally posted by Arsenal4ever:
Saw The Boss and the new E Street Band last night in San Jose. Uneven concert with some amazing highlights. Can't believe a 62-year old can still play for 3 hours (without a break) and move like he does. Nice tribute to Clarence too.


Saw him two weeks ago in Cleveland. 6th Boss show, and I thought it was his best. solid the whole way, everyone on their feet the entire 3 hours. Can't pick a favorite, but 'Youngstown' always has special meaning, and 'My City of Ruins' was great. Pulled a little girl (about 10) out of the crowd to sing on the stage, which was a cool touch.
Clarence tribute very moving.
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
Just got back from Jazz Fest in New Orleans. Saw, among others, Dr. John and the greyboy allstars, Troy "Trombone Shorty" Andrews, Kermit Ruffins (at Vaughan's on Thursday night and at Jazz Fest) and Tom Petty.


Nice! This is a music bucket list item for us that we're hoping to check off next year.
quote:
Originally posted by Vino Bevo:
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
Just got back from Jazz Fest in New Orleans. Saw, among others, Dr. John and the greyboy allstars, Troy "Trombone Shorty" Andrews, Kermit Ruffins (at Vaughan's on Thursday night and at Jazz Fest) and Tom Petty.


Nice! This is a music bucket list item for us that we're hoping to check off next year.


Is the Montreal Jazz Fest on your list also?
quote:
Originally posted by Adam10:
I think I want to go to Osheaga in Montreal this year. Is it same location? I know there's no camping (fine by me!) but what's the hotel situation like, Montrealers? Simples?

Good idea, Adam. I just might check this out for once.

No specific recommendations. Check out hotels.com. I've come across some pretty good deals in Montreal for out-of-towners with that one. For Montreal, best overall IMO.

Check there first. If you want feedback on specific Hotels, we'd be happy to provide. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by Vino Bevo:
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
Just got back from Jazz Fest in New Orleans. Saw, among others, Dr. John and the greyboy allstars, Troy "Trombone Shorty" Andrews, Kermit Ruffins (at Vaughan's on Thursday night and at Jazz Fest) and Tom Petty.


Nice! This is a music bucket list item for us that we're hoping to check off next year.


Highly, highly recommended. Had an absolutely amazing time. First time in the 40 years of the NO Jazz Fest that Tom Petty played.
quote:
Originally posted by jburman82:
quote:
Originally posted by Rothko:
The annual "SunFest" is coming up this weekend in West Palm Beach.

I have tickets for Sunday night: Foreigner is playing. But my kids want to see "Pitbull" instead... Eek

The wife wants to see Matisyahu.


The Sunfest lineup hasnt been good in a decade.


Yeah. I call it "SunPest" because it snarls up all the traffic around downtown West Palm. I can hear the bands rehearse during business hours on Thursday and Friday.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by Vino Bevo:
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
Just got back from Jazz Fest in New Orleans. Saw, among others, Dr. John and the greyboy allstars, Troy "Trombone Shorty" Andrews, Kermit Ruffins (at Vaughan's on Thursday night and at Jazz Fest) and Tom Petty.


Nice! This is a music bucket list item for us that we're hoping to check off next year.


Is the Montreal Jazz Fest on your list also?


Absolutely!

Add Reply

×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×