Or live shows, performances, etc...?

My wife and I saw Sting last weekend in one of his few North American performances this year. A good show but not great. His voice was weak at times (overpowered by guitar), and his base wasn't cranked up enough for many songs. Good to hear some all time great music though.
Original Post
quote:
Originally posted by Primordealsoup:
Or live shows, performances, etc...?

My wife and I saw Sting last weekend in one of his few North American performances this year. A good show but not great. His voice was weak at times (overpowered by guitar), and his base wasn't cranked up enough for many songs. Good to hear some all time great music though.
Love Sting!
quote:
Originally posted by indybob:
Haven't paid for a show in a while, but for work, saw PJ Harvey/John Parish, The Killers, and The Sugarhill Gang in the past few weeks. All good gigs.


The Sugarhill Gang? Now that's a name I haven't heard in a long, long time. Can't believe they're still together!
quote:
Originally posted by AZCat:
Dave Matthews in May...great show. U2 in October. That probably rounds out the year for me...don't go to that many anymore.


Dave Matthews has always been one of my favourite live bands. I just wish they made it over to Europe every now and then...
quote:
Originally posted by shavez:
quote:
Originally posted by AZCat:
Dave Matthews in May...great show. U2 in October. That probably rounds out the year for me...don't go to that many anymore.


Dave Matthews has always been one of my favourite live bands. I just wish they made it over to Europe every now and then...


With the exception of a Sting dress rehersal I went to with only 100 other people, DMB is the best live concert I have seen. I normally get to 2 or 3 a year. I am going to both shows in West Palm in Aug.
quote:
Originally posted by jburman82:
quote:
Originally posted by shavez:
quote:
Originally posted by AZCat:
Dave Matthews in May...great show. U2 in October. That probably rounds out the year for me...don't go to that many anymore.


Dave Matthews has always been one of my favourite live bands. I just wish they made it over to Europe every now and then...


With the exception of a Sting dress rehersal I went to with only 100 other people, DMB is the best live concert I have seen. I normally get to 2 or 3 a year. I am going to both shows in West Palm in Aug.


I've seen him twice now. The first one was frankly a little uninspiring. The more recent show was one of the top 5 concerts I've ever been to - they were really on that night and were really connecting with the crowd. Throw in a great set list and it was just about the perfect concert.

Shavez...it's probably tough for them to get overseas when they are seemingly playing 365 shows a year in the US! Seems like they are ALWAYS on tour...
quote:
Originally posted by jburman82:
quote:
Originally posted by shavez:
quote:
Originally posted by AZCat:
Dave Matthews in May...great show. U2 in October. That probably rounds out the year for me...don't go to that many anymore.


Dave Matthews has always been one of my favourite live bands. I just wish they made it over to Europe every now and then...


With the exception of a Sting dress rehersal I went to with only 100 other people, DMB is the best live concert I have seen. I normally get to 2 or 3 a year. I am going to both shows in West Palm in Aug.


That's funny, I would say the same thing about a Peter Gabriel dress rehearsal w/ about 100 people and DMB as well. I think DMB is, right now, the best rock&roll band to see live on the planet. I will be seeing them in 2 weeks myself.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
×
×
×
×