The Private Club:

2 oz. Cognac
3/4 oz. Amaro Nonino
1/2 oz. fresh lemon juice
1/4 oz. maple syrup
3 dashes Black Walnut Bitters
2 dashes Angostura Bitters
Boulevardier

1.5 oz Buffalo Trace bourbon
1 oz Campari
1 oz Dolin Rouge vermouth

- EDIT - Forgot to add the instructions

Combine all in an iced filled Yarai. Stir till chilled and pour into an Old Fashioned glass with a large ice cube.
Last edited by pd2k
quote:
Originally posted by PD2K:
The Expat:

2 oz Buffalo Trace Bourbon
1 oz lime juice
3/4 oz simple syrup
2 dashes Angostura Bitters
Mint leaves

Combine all in a shaker. Shake and stain into a cocktail glass.


Showed this to the bartender at the club and had him make me one. Excellent.
quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:
quote:
Originally posted by PD2K:
The Expat:

2 oz Buffalo Trace Bourbon
1 oz lime juice
3/4 oz simple syrup
2 dashes Angostura Bitters
Mint leaves

Combine all in a shaker. Shake and stain into a cocktail glass.


Showed this to the bartender at the club and had him make me one. Excellent.


Agree this sounds excellent
quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:
quote:
Originally posted by PD2K:
The Expat:

2 oz Buffalo Trace Bourbon
1 oz lime juice
3/4 oz simple syrup
2 dashes Angostura Bitters
Mint leaves

Combine all in a shaker. Shake and stain into a cocktail glass.


Showed this to the bartender at the club and had him make me one. Excellent.

Glad you enjoyed it! Smile
Paloma:

Jarritos grapefruit soda
Olmeca Altos plata tequila
Twist of lime

Kentucky Mule:

Ginger Beer
Wild Turkey 101
Twist of lime
Red Hook

2 oz Rittenhouse Rye
0.5 oz Punt e Mes vermouth
0.5 oz Luxardo Maraschino liquor

Stir in iced filled yarai. Strain into cocktail glass.
I’ll Have Another

Sprig of Dill
Slice of Cucumber
1.5 oz Hendricks Gin
0.5 oz Domaine de Canton
0.5 oz St.Germaine
0.5 oz lime juice

Muddle dill and cucumber in shaker. Add rest of ingredients with ice. Shake and strain into a cocktail glass.
quote:
Originally posted by PD2K:
I’ll Have Another

Sprig of Dill
Slice of Cucumber
1.5 oz Hendricks Gin
0.5 oz Domaine de Canton
0.5 oz St.Germaine
0.5 oz lime juice

Muddle dill and cucumber in shaker. Add rest of ingredients with ice. Shake and strain into a cocktail glass.


curious if adding a dash of salt may add that little extra.

what is domaine de canton?
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
quote:
Originally posted by PD2K:
I’ll Have Another

Sprig of Dill
Slice of Cucumber
1.5 oz Hendricks Gin
0.5 oz Domaine de Canton
0.5 oz St.Germaine
0.5 oz lime juice

Muddle dill and cucumber in shaker. Add rest of ingredients with ice. Shake and strain into a cocktail glass.


curious if adding a dash of salt may add that little extra.

what is domaine de canton?

Domaine de Canton is a ginger liqueur. It's particularly good for making an Asian Pear Martini - the chicks dig it Smile
Interesting stuff very florally
Can you give me a good recipe for Asian pear martini?

Jungle bird for me tonight
Muddle pineapple
1oz pineapple
.5oz Campari
1.5 oz gosling old reserve dark rum
.5oz Malibu
.25oz lime
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
Interesting stuff very florally
Can you give me a good recipe for Asian pear martini?

Jungle bird for me tonight
Muddle pineapple
1oz pineapple
.5oz Campari
1.5 oz gosling old reserve dark rum
.5oz Malibu
.25oz lime

Here you go...

Asian Pear Martini

2 oz Absolut Pears vodka
1.5 oz Domaine de Canton
1 oz Pear nectar
Squeeze of 1/8 lime

Combine all in shaker. Shake and strain into a cocktail glass. The ladies love it Smile
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
Interesting stuff very florally
Can you give me a good recipe for Asian pear martini?

Jungle bird for me tonight
Muddle pineapple
1oz pineapple
.5oz Campari
1.5 oz gosling old reserve dark rum
.5oz Malibu
.25oz lime


Campari is an interesting ingredient
quote:
Originally posted by ThistlinTom:
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
Interesting stuff very florally
Can you give me a good recipe for Asian pear martini?

Jungle bird for me tonight
Muddle pineapple
1oz pineapple
.5oz Campari
1.5 oz gosling old reserve dark rum
.5oz Malibu
.25oz lime


Campari is an interesting ingredient

It's a great drink TT. Problem is black strap rum is not easy to find. I mine this way:

1.5 oz Cruzan Black Strap rum
1.5 oz Pineapple juice
0.75 oz Campari
0.5 oz Lime juice
0.5 oz Simple syrup

Shake and strain into iced filled glass.
quote:
Originally posted by PD2K:
quote:
Originally posted by ThistlinTom:
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
Interesting stuff very florally
Can you give me a good recipe for Asian pear martini?

Jungle bird for me tonight
Muddle pineapple
1oz pineapple
.5oz Campari
1.5 oz gosling old reserve dark rum
.5oz Malibu
.25oz lime


Campari is an interesting ingredient

It's a great drink TT. Problem is black strap rum is not easy to find. I mine this way:

1.5 oz Cruzan Black Strap rum
1.5 oz Pineapple juice
0.75 oz Campari
0.5 oz Lime juice
0.5 oz Simple syrup

Shake and strain into iced filled glass.


if you do have black strap rum, you can up the campari

if you just have aged dark rum like i do, I really recommend lowering the campari to .5 instead of .75.

The traditional recipe does have simple syrup, but i typically have my cocktails more boozy so i left it out and replaced it with the boozier malibu.

but it is quite an excellent cocktail.
Simple Bloody Mary's at our tailgate yesterday with Titos and Bloody Revolution Ribeye mixer. Topped with a squeeze of lime, feta stuffed olives and aged cheddar cubes and they were perfect for the event.

Add Reply

×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×