Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by FL Wino:
quote:
Originally posted by bfw:
quote:
Originally posted by FL Wino:
quote:
Originally posted by bfw:
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT Vapor Edition

For my better half..

Bfw




Recalled yesterday for rolling away


Do you have a link? Google unable to verify this for me...

Bfw


Recall


Thanks.

However, that recall apparently does not apply to the SRT we were looking at. I had the dealer check.

As you likely know, the SRT is a special Grand Cherokee...very different in many respects.

Bfw
I've walked past a nearby Porsche dealer a few times recently, and have admired one of their used models that's been sitting in the showroom for a few weeks now: a metallic dark charcoal 2011 Carrera 4S, with a particularly nice tan interior. My wife really loves the colour combo, so today we went in to talk about possibilities. The price is pretty high for a car this age (fairly low mileage though, 46,000km). Car is pretty loaded with options, including custom leather that has contrasting black stitching, which is why the interior looks so good. But here's the real kicker.

It's Pete Rose's previous car. Yup, THAT Pete Rose.

Unfortunately, doesn't add any extra value for me.
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
I've walked past a nearby Porsche dealer a few times recently, and have admired one of their used models that's been sitting in the showroom for a few weeks now: a metallic dark charcoal 2011 Carrera 4S, with a particularly nice tan interior. My wife really loves the colour combo...

I, for one, think that you would look super suave in this car, Seaquam.
A fine choice for your present lot in life. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
I've walked past a nearby Porsche dealer a few times recently, and have admired one of their used models that's been sitting in the showroom for a few weeks now: a metallic dark charcoal 2011 Carrera 4S, with a particularly nice tan interior. My wife really loves the colour combo, so today we went in to talk about possibilities. The price is pretty high for a car this age (fairly low mileage though, 46,000km). Car is pretty loaded with options, including custom leather that has contrasting black stitching, which is why the interior looks so good. But here's the real kicker.

It's Pete Rose's previous car. Yup, THAT Pete Rose.

Unfortunately, doesn't add any extra value for me.


Just remember that the new facelift 991.2 is coming out (with the new turbo only engines) which should further depreciate the value of the 997's like that 2011 C4S.

You also shouldn't have to pay much (or any) of a premium for any Porsche Exclusive leather options.

The fact the it was Pete Rose's car means it is a US import (pretty common) but it should depreciate the value to a degree in Canada.

That said the 997 is a fantastic car and a 4S is easily a daily driver year round in Vancouver.
quote:
Originally posted by Bytown Rick:
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:

It's Pete Rose's previous car. Yup, THAT Pete Rose.


Nice car. jalopy



Thanks for the link, Rick.

I would have liked to know how much the car sold for in the USA before it was brought up here. The local dealer's asking way too much for it IMHO, and its history doesn't make it drive better or more reliably. C'est la vie.

Does look very nice, though.
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
quote:
Originally posted by Bytown Rick:
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:

It's Pete Rose's previous car. Yup, THAT Pete Rose.


Nice car. jalopy



Thanks for the link, Rick.

I would have liked to know how much the car sold for in the USA before it was brought up here. The local dealer's asking way too much for it IMHO, and its history doesn't make it drive better or more reliably. C'est la vie.

Does look very nice, though.


eBay listing from Montreal importer

The dealer was also trying to sell it directly for USD$57,500 or about CAD$74,000 at the time. I would say $70k is a good price, not screaming deal but good price. It's also a LOT less than Weissach is asking for (if that's the same car). Also the soft/ruffled leather option that that car has doesn't add any value to a used car.

You could get this or this for probably more than $5-10k less than what they're asking for that 997...

Also this looks like a screaming deal and is something I think you had been looking at.
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
quote:
Originally posted by Bytown Rick:
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:

It's Pete Rose's previous car. Yup, THAT Pete Rose.


Nice car. jalopy



Thanks for the link, Rick.

I would have liked to know how much the car sold for in the USA before it was brought up here. The local dealer's asking way too much for it IMHO, and its history doesn't make it drive better or more reliably. C'est la vie.

Does look very nice, though.


eBay listing from Montreal importer

The dealer was also trying to sell it directly for USD$57,500 or about CAD$74,000 at the time. I would say $70k is a good price, not screaming deal but good price. It's also a LOT less than Weissach is asking for (if that's the same car). Also the soft/ruffled leather option that that car has doesn't add any value to a used car.

You could get this or this for probably more than $5-10k less than what they're asking for that 997...

Also this looks like a screaming deal and is something I think you had been looking at.




You are a very, very bad man, Mr. Sutherland, as are most enablers. Big Grin

Yes, it's the car at Weissach. Ridiculous price, and it's been sitting there for 6 weeks. I wasn't really looking for one of these, but both my wife and I love the colour combo, plus it's the model I would be most interested in. We're off tomorrow for 10 days, but if it's still there when we return, I'm going to put in a realistic take-it-or-leave-it offer.

The 'screaming deal' is a good price. The coupe with AWD is model I'd want, though, so it would have to be the recent release. The only issue I have with this car is that it's awkward to park in our parking stalls, though I guess I'd get used to it pretty quickly. I was going to look for a 2016 model next Jan-Feb, but will only buy if I find almost exactly what I want at a fair price.
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:

You are a very, very bad man, Mr. Sutherland, as are most enablers. Big Grin

The 'screaming deal' is a good price. The coupe with AWD is model I'd want, though, so it would have to be the recent release. The only issue I have with this car is that it's awkward to park in our parking stalls, though I guess I'd get used to it pretty quickly. I was going to look for a 2016 model next Jan-Feb, but will only buy if I find almost exactly what I want at a fair price.


That made me think of an email (below) I sent my best friend, I guess going on two years ago now (got to love the search feature of Outlook!). I always love my wife, but sometimes I really love my wife.
------------------------------------------
Drove alongside an F-Type R Coupe this morning on the way to work with K (my wife - name redacted for web privacy). We had the windows down and were listening to the jag snort, fart and growl from red light to red light.

She turned to me after a couple of minutes and said, and I quote (thankfully wasn’t drinking a coffee at the time); “You can get one of those if you want. It makes me think of sex. A lot of dirty sex. It’s gorgeous.”

Thankfully I didn’t open my mouth because I felt like an old man when the first thought was, 'We’ve got a 3 year old and another on the way, it wouldn’t be very practical.'

I’ll put that down to being tired because she’s right, it’s a jag but it screams dirty, messy, mid-afternoon sex.
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:


She turned to me after a couple of minutes and said, and I quote (thankfully wasn’t drinking a coffee at the time); “You can get one of those if you want. It makes me think of sex. A lot of dirty sex. It’s gorgeous.”

Thankfully I didn’t open my mouth because I felt like an old man when the first thought was, 'We’ve got a 3 year old and another on the way, it wouldn’t be very practical.'



What wouldn't be practical? The car or the

Add Reply

Post
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×