Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by shavez:
But I would choose a GT-R over "Getting buggered by a Thai Lady-Man", despite the design. Just to be clear. Smile

Only if the GT-R had the spoiler!

If I had the dough, I would go for the Ferrari CA personally just based on aesthetics. I couldn't find the price which probably tells me what I already suspect.
quote:
Originally posted by shavez:
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:


OK, expert. Tell me one thing wrong with 2017 Nissan GT-R. Name one thing that makes you prefer "Getting buggered by a Thai Lady-Man" to a 2017 GTR. Waiting for some made-up BS reason.


Well I don't know about Rob, but I just don't like the design. To each their own.[/QUOTE]

+1

It's ugly as sin for a car in that price range.

Bfw
I won’t (or will try not to be) sarcastic etc. Not trying for hyperbole or anything else, just giving honest, mature feedback on the car as I know it having driven them but never owned one. I do have friends/acquaintances however that have owned them. So in order of importance of why I would try to steer you clear:
1) Every person that I know that has owned one no longer does. They all got rid of them.
2) Every person I know that owned one has had moderate to severe mechanical problems with them. Mostly driveline issues like new gearboxes or differentials.
3) Reading on the interwebs and hearing 3rd party stories driveline issues (very often) and electrical issues (less often) are way way too common.
4) The gearbox hunts too much and can be clunky. Not Lamborghini clunky but still irritating.
5) Dealing with Nissan as a GT-R owner for warrantee work is apparently often a hassle as they always think you are abusing the car.
6) Nissan has withdrawn warrantee coverage from people purely because they used the launch control too often.
7) The car is 96% of the time utterly boring to drive. The other 4% of the time unless you’re on a track or know there is no one around it’s illegal to do what you're doing. It’s a car that only feels alive when you’re really on it and really on it in 2nd gear is a ticket, 3rd gear is jail.
8) You will not be able to talk your way out of any ticket. Cops will hate you on sight. You can be a veteran with a purple heart and a silver star driving 5mph over and a cop will ticket you with glee.
9) It is massively fast for your first few laps of a track but the car can’t keep the pace. It overheats, the tires go off way to quickly, the brakes fade, it’s just too heavy for a full day of real performance work.
10) The exhaust note is terrible and obnoxiously loud and you can’t get away from it.
11) It only attracts negative attention except from boys aged 13-26. Seriously people will give you looks of disgust on an at least weekly basis.
12) Every ricer and bro will try to race you at every stoplight.
13) The fit and finish of the interior is of Nissan quality. Wonderful for an Altima, not for a now $100k ++ car.
14) They were ~$60K when the first came out, not much has changed with the car except it’s now more than $100K.
15) I find the seats uncomfortable.
16) It's ugly.
Having also driven a GT-R I can say they're insanely fast but I couldn't get over the interior that made me feel like I was driving a Microsoft X-Box. For the money, I think there are better "total" packages out there. To each their own though...

On the polar opposite end of the spectrum, I picked up a 1984 Porsche 944 that with any luck will be pulling track-rat duty at VIR about two months from now. The old girl needs work though... Hopefully we'll get it done in time.

Good luck car hunting Board-O!
quote:
Originally posted by RVARob:

On the polar opposite end of the spectrum, I picked up a 1984 Porsche 944 that with any luck will be pulling track-rat duty at VIR about two months from now. The old girl needs work though... Hopefully we'll get it done in time.

Good luck car hunting Board-O!


Enjoy the 944!! Had the 3rd on in NYS when it came out. Loved it. Color Mocha. in shade looked black, in sun Toffee. Handled well. Great car. Even with the Audi/VW engine.
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
I won’t (or will try not to be) sarcastic etc. Not trying for hyperbole or anything else, just giving honest, mature feedback on the car as I know it having driven them but never owned one. I do have friends/acquaintances however that have owned them. So in order of importance of why I would try to steer you clear:
1) Every person that I know that has owned one no longer does. They all got rid of them.
2) Every person I know that owned one has had moderate to severe mechanical problems with them. Mostly driveline issues like new gearboxes or differentials.
3) Reading on the interwebs and hearing 3rd party stories driveline issues (very often) and electrical issues (less often) are way way too common.
4) The gearbox hunts too much and can be clunky. Not Lamborghini clunky but still irritating.
5) Dealing with Nissan as a GT-R owner for warrantee work is apparently often a hassle as they always think you are abusing the car.
6) Nissan has withdrawn warrantee coverage from people purely because they used the launch control too often.
7) The car is 96% of the time utterly boring to drive. The other 4% of the time unless you’re on a track or know there is no one around it’s illegal to do what you're doing. It’s a car that only feels alive when you’re really on it and really on it in 2nd gear is a ticket, 3rd gear is jail.
8) You will not be able to talk your way out of any ticket. Cops will hate you on sight. You can be a veteran with a purple heart and a silver star driving 5mph over and a cop will ticket you with glee.
9) It is massively fast for your first few laps of a track but the car can’t keep the pace. It overheats, the tires go off way to quickly, the brakes fade, it’s just too heavy for a full day of real performance work.
10) The exhaust note is terrible and obnoxiously loud and you can’t get away from it.
11) It only attracts negative attention except from boys aged 13-26. Seriously people will give you looks of disgust on an at least weekly basis.
12) Every ricer and bro will try to race you at every stoplight.
13) The fit and finish of the interior is of Nissan quality. Wonderful for an Altima, not for a now $100k ++ car.
14) They were ~$60K when the first came out, not much has changed with the car except it’s now more than $100K.
15) I find the seats uncomfortable.
16) It's ugly.


1-7, 9-11, 13-16 are pure unsubstantiated BS. 8 & 12 I agree, but its the same with other cars mentioned, ergo inconsequential and irrelevant.

The only thing really wrong with the car is that I plan on getting one. That's patently obvious. Go change your diaper. It's full.
quote:
Originally posted by RVARob:
Having also driven a GT-R I can say they're insanely fast but I couldn't get over the interior that made me feel like I was driving a Microsoft X-Box. For the money, I think there are better "total" packages out there. To each their own though...

On the polar opposite end of the spectrum, I picked up a 1984 Porsche 944 that with any luck will be pulling track-rat duty at VIR about two months from now. The old girl needs work though... Hopefully we'll get it done in time.

Good luck car hunting Board-O!


A question for you, Rob, did you drive the new 2017? The interior is all new.
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:

The only thing really wrong with the car is that I plan on getting one. That's patently obvious. Go change your diaper. It's full.


Your ego takes entirely too much credit for the faults of this car. I said I would never recommend buying one to one of my friends, a group of people you have made patently clear you are not part of. Therefore Board-o buy whatever floats your boat. I have little doubt you will enjoy the experience to a far lesser degree than the one you have had with your Cadillac but the amount of concern I have over that fact couldn’t fill a thimble.
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:

1) Every person that I know that has owned one no longer does. They all got rid of them.
2) Every person I know that owned one has had moderate to severe mechanical problems with them. Mostly driveline issues like new gearboxes or differentials.
3) Reading on the interwebs and hearing 3rd party stories driveline issues (very often) and electrical issues (less often) are way way too common.
4) The gearbox hunts too much and can be clunky. Not Lamborghini clunky but still irritating.
5) Dealing with Nissan as a GT-R owner for warrantee work is apparently often a hassle as they always think you are abusing the car.
6) Nissan has withdrawn warrantee coverage from people purely because they used the launch control too often.
7) The car is 96% of the time utterly boring to drive. The other 4% of the time unless you’re on a track or know there is no one around it’s illegal to do what you're doing. It’s a car that only feels alive when you’re really on it and really on it in 2nd gear is a ticket, 3rd gear is jail.
8) You will not be able to talk your way out of any ticket. Cops will hate you on sight. You can be a veteran with a purple heart and a silver star driving 5mph over and a cop will ticket you with glee.
9) It is massively fast for your first few laps of a track but the car can’t keep the pace. It overheats, the tires go off way to quickly, the brakes fade, it’s just too heavy for a full day of real performance work.
10) The exhaust note is terrible and obnoxiously loud and you can’t get away from it.
11) It only attracts negative attention except from boys aged 13-26. Seriously people will give you looks of disgust on an at least weekly basis.
12) Every ricer and bro will try to race you at every stoplight.
13) The fit and finish of the interior is of Nissan quality. Wonderful for an Altima, not for a now $100k ++ car.
14) They were ~$60K when the first came out, not much has changed with the car except it’s now more than $100K.
15) I find the seats uncomfortable.
16) It's ugly.


1) it's a one trick pony car. but damn it does that one thing good
2) see #1.. too much launch mode since it's what it does High rpm, drop the gear and fucken launch!
3) see #2..
4) see #1
5) see #2
6) oh i see you understand #2
7) see #1
8) take the whale spoiler off the car
9) see #1
10) And damn can you feel it too!!
11) no comment
12) see #11
13) see #1
14) this is probably the main knock on it for me

your 15 and 16 is subjective so i wont comment =)

but basically rob's rebuttal boiled down to 3 answers

if i were to buy such a car, i'd literally just sit at stop lights and wait for rice boys to want to race me =)

Add Reply

Post
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×