quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
quote:
Originally posted by T Dub:


To be fair; my car isn't exactly stock. Big Grin


I remember as a teenager my dad had an Audi 200 Turbo with the full ABT RS2 stage 3 or 4 kit on it. I think it made just over 400bhp which in the early 90's was a whole whole lot. It was fun showing up Porsche turbos Devilish


I'm sitting at stage 2 right now. Once my warranty is gone I'll really see what this baby can do. With that being said the guy in the Ferrari F430 last weekend didn't like my car very much.

quote:
Originally posted by T Dub:
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:
T Dub - do tell please.
I NEED to know.


Mangiare; what is it you need to know?

My interest has been piqued as well... what sort of car/aftermarket equiptment do you have?

quote:
I may test drive the Porsche Panamera when my dad is in town next week for my birthday. I can't afford it, but I have always wondered how it drives on the highway.

Anyone here have this car? Do you have any complaints?

IW, both my dad and good friend have these (4S and turbo) and love them. My father took the leap from a BMW 550i and says the difference he gets in enjoyment is great. I've driven the 4S and it is wonderful. They are very big cars -- lots of space and room and comfort -- that feel a lot smaller (from the driver's point of view) than they actually are. Still, it is an adjustment coming from being used to an A4 when you get behind the wheel.
quote:
Originally posted by Italian Wino:
I may test drive the Porsche Panamera when my dad is in town next week for my birthday. I can't afford it, but I have always wondered how it drives on the highway.

Anyone here have this car? Do you have any complaints?

IW


Don' town one, but I"ve driven through the line-up.

I"m used to fast cars but the Turbo is silly fast. I don't hink I"ve driven a 4-door like that before. Most people buy the V8 4S in North America but thuthfully the v6 is a nice little engine with enough power for around town.

Interior is wonderful but truly a 4 seater. It will be great when the little guy is out of his car seat but until then just doesn't work.

As winetarelli says, it is BIG but drives much smaller than it is.
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:
T Dub, I'm interested in what you did to an S4 to go head to head with a Ferrari and will it match my daughters new cow pattern car seat? Wink


I'm not sure about matching any cow pattern seats, lol.

So far I've got a stage 2 ecu flash, cold air intake, upgraded the intercooler, downpipes/exhaust, front and rear sways/end links. I'm running 11.7/11.8 1/4 miles right now.

I'll run with most cars out there. Now the newer Ferrari's a la the 458. No chance. 360's/F430's don't stand a chance. Not that I wouldn't trade them car for car in a heartbeat!
quote:
Originally posted by T Dub:
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:
T Dub, I'm interested in what you did to an S4 to go head to head with a Ferrari and will it match my daughters new cow pattern car seat? Wink


I'm not sure about matching any cow pattern seats, lol.

So far I've got a stage 2 ecu flash, cold air intake, upgraded the intercooler, downpipes/exhaust, front and rear sways/end links. I'm running 11.7/11.8 1/4 miles right now.

I'll run with most cars out there. Now the newer Ferrari's a la the 458. No chance. 360's/F430's don't stand a chance. Not that I wouldn't trade them car for car in a heartbeat!


T Dub . . . Hola from Boston. This is a perfect thread for me right now because I'm going to be buying a new car in the next 12 months (currently in a 2008 BMW 335xi).

Options are as follows:
--Audi S7
--Audi S6
--BMW 535xi
--Maserati Ghibli
--Panamera 4S (thought this likely would be a stretch unless I go for a used model)

Essentially, looking for a slight size up from a 3-series / A4 sized-car.

Have no experience with Mercedes. The AMG lines look enticing especially since they are starting to incorporate 4 wheel drive which is an absolute necessity here in the NE

thoughts?
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
Test drove several cars over the last few days. Audi rS4 was disappointing in every way. M5 was great, but the CTS-V has more gutsy feel and handling and is way more luxurious. CLS63 not worth the coin.


Only old folks drive Caddy's. Thought you liked the action cars like your M37 [or whatever it was]. The M5's are not as great as before. I like the A7 but got something different. Bigger trunk, free maintenance!!!
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Bowers [i.e. FlWino]:
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
Test drove several cars over the last few days. Audi rS4 was disappointing in every way. M5 was great, but the CTS-V has more gutsy feel and handling and is way more luxurious. CLS63 not worth the coin.


Only old folks drive Caddy's.

Ordered a 2014 556 HP CTS-V Coupe. If that makes me an old person, so be it.

Thought you liked the action cars like your M37 [or whatever it was].

I had an M45 years ago. I do like action cars which is precisely why I ordered the CTS-V Coupe.


Good luck with the 528
quote:
Originally posted by shavez:
quote:
Originally posted by Longboarder:
2013 Mini Cooper S for the wife. She was tired of driving a full size SUV. A fun car I have to say.


Most fun you can have in a car. Wait 'till the new generation in 2014...


And corners better than almost anything else on the road.
quote:
Originally posted by Parcival:
quote:
Originally posted by T Dub:
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:
T Dub, I'm interested in what you did to an S4 to go head to head with a Ferrari and will it match my daughters new cow pattern car seat? Wink


I'm not sure about matching any cow pattern seats, lol.

So far I've got a stage 2 ecu flash, cold air intake, upgraded the intercooler, downpipes/exhaust, front and rear sways/end links. I'm running 11.7/11.8 1/4 miles right now.

I'll run with most cars out there. Now the newer Ferrari's a la the 458. No chance. 360's/F430's don't stand a chance. Not that I wouldn't trade them car for car in a heartbeat!


T Dub . . . Hola from Boston. This is a perfect thread for me right now because I'm going to be buying a new car in the next 12 months (currently in a 2008 BMW 335xi).

Options are as follows:
--Audi S7
--Audi S6
--BMW 535xi
--Maserati Ghibli
--Panamera 4S (thought this likely would be a stretch unless I go for a used model)

Essentially, looking for a slight size up from a 3-series / A4 sized-car.

Have no experience with Mercedes. The AMG lines look enticing especially since they are starting to incorporate 4 wheel drive which is an absolute necessity here in the NE

thoughts?

Don't test drive the Panamera 4S unless you are actually comfortable with the cost (and note that EVERYTHING is extra). It is in a different league, in every good sense, from the other cars on your list. But it also winds up being much more expensive.

The Maserati looks amazing but I would worry about upkeep.

Unlike others on this board, I have had great luck with my Audi (A4). Upkeep is a little on the high side, but probably lower or equal to a BMW, and I put major miles on the thing and it has always been good to me so long as I am good to it. Apart from Porsche, which is better, no one is making sports sedans like BMW in terms of handling (read: not straight line, and get the sports suspension). But overall I actually have a slight preference for Audis at the moment.

Mercedes are for old people. Wink Razz
quote:
Originally posted by winetarelli:
quote:
Originally posted by Parcival:
quote:
Originally posted by T Dub:
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:
T Dub, I'm interested in what you did to an S4 to go head to head with a Ferrari and will it match my daughters new cow pattern car seat? Wink


I'm not sure about matching any cow pattern seats, lol.

So far I've got a stage 2 ecu flash, cold air intake, upgraded the intercooler, downpipes/exhaust, front and rear sways/end links. I'm running 11.7/11.8 1/4 miles right now.

I'll run with most cars out there. Now the newer Ferrari's a la the 458. No chance. 360's/F430's don't stand a chance. Not that I wouldn't trade them car for car in a heartbeat!


T Dub . . . Hola from Boston. This is a perfect thread for me right now because I'm going to be buying a new car in the next 12 months (currently in a 2008 BMW 335xi).

Options are as follows:
--Audi S7
--Audi S6
--BMW 535xi
--Maserati Ghibli
--Panamera 4S (thought this likely would be a stretch unless I go for a used model)

Essentially, looking for a slight size up from a 3-series / A4 sized-car.

Have no experience with Mercedes. The AMG lines look enticing especially since they are starting to incorporate 4 wheel drive which is an absolute necessity here in the NE

thoughts?

Don't test drive the Panamera 4S unless you are actually comfortable with the cost (and note that EVERYTHING is extra). It is in a different league, in every good sense, from the other cars on your list. But it also winds up being much more expensive.

The Maserati looks amazing but I would worry about upkeep.

Unlike others on this board, I have had great luck with my Audi (A4). Upkeep is a little on the high side, but probably lower or equal to a BMW, and I put major miles on the thing and it has always been good to me so long as I am good to it. Apart from Porsche, which is better, no one is making sports sedans like BMW in terms of handling (read: not straight line, and get the sports suspension). But overall I actually have a slight preference for Audis at the moment.

Mercedes are for old people. Wink Razz


I do have that same impression of Mercedes.

Unfortunately, a salesperson "loaned" me a Panamera 4S last year for 24 hours while my wife Q5 was getting serviced. The thing is fantastic. But, you are correct . . . once I outfitted this thing online with a reasonable set of options, it topped $120,000 . . . a good 30-40k over the other options excepting perhaps the Audi S7
quote:
Originally posted by shavez:
....2013 Mini Cooper S....Most fun you can have in a car.......


Wow, just a bit of a stretch there, shavez. I will say that "bang for the buck" wise, it has to be way up there. It is a hoot to drive. I do think they're ugly, though...

PH
quote:
Originally posted by shavez:
quote:
Originally posted by Longboarder:
2013 Mini Cooper S for the wife. She was tired of driving a full size SUV. A fun car I have to say.


Most fun you can have in a car. Wait 'till the new generation in 2014...

The back seat isn't nearly big enough.
quote:
Originally posted by winetarelli:
quote:
Originally posted by shavez:
quote:
Originally posted by Longboarder:
2013 Mini Cooper S for the wife. She was tired of driving a full size SUV. A fun car I have to say.


Most fun you can have in a car. Wait 'till the new generation in 2014...

The back seat isn't nearly big enough.


Ok, that is a good point...!
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:
Originally posted by shavez:
....2013 Mini Cooper S....Most fun you can have in a car.......


Wow, just a bit of a stretch there, shavez. I will say that "bang for the buck" wise, it has to be way up there. It is a hoot to drive. I do think they're ugly, though...

PH


Sure, it's a stretch, but I've had at least as much fun tossing a Cooper S (and JCW's) around a racetrack than many a car with 2-3 times the HP. It's lightweight and extremely nimble, and that counts for a lot in my books.

As for the looks, well, to each their own. I personally think that although it drives well, the Panamera looks clumsy and ungainly (I don't think large 4-door "near-sedan" concepts work well with fastback-style rear ends at all), but many seem to like it.
quote:
Originally posted by shavez:
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:
Originally posted by shavez:
Most fun you can have in a car.


For you


It's not for everyone, but have you driven one?


Yeah. My friend had an S. I'm not finding fault with it, just saying that "Most fun you can have in a car," is very subjective.
quote:
Originally posted by Parcival:
quote:
Originally posted by T Dub:
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:
T Dub, I'm interested in what you did to an S4 to go head to head with a Ferrari and will it match my daughters new cow pattern car seat? Wink


I'm not sure about matching any cow pattern seats, lol.

So far I've got a stage 2 ecu flash, cold air intake, upgraded the intercooler, downpipes/exhaust, front and rear sways/end links. I'm running 11.7/11.8 1/4 miles right now.

I'll run with most cars out there. Now the newer Ferrari's a la the 458. No chance. 360's/F430's don't stand a chance. Not that I wouldn't trade them car for car in a heartbeat!


T Dub . . . Hola from Boston. This is a perfect thread for me right now because I'm going to be buying a new car in the next 12 months (currently in a 2008 BMW 335xi).

Options are as follows:
--Audi S7
--Audi S6
--BMW 535xi
--Maserati Ghibli
--Panamera 4S (thought this likely would be a stretch unless I go for a used model)

Essentially, looking for a slight size up from a 3-series / A4 sized-car.

Have no experience with Mercedes. The AMG lines look enticing especially since they are starting to incorporate 4 wheel drive which is an absolute necessity here in the NE

thoughts?
I love the look and feel of the S7.
I think the Audi 7 series look like a carp. Ugly in the extreme. Test drive a tesla. I'm really liking them and they are a fun drive. I'm a Porsche guy and my wife loves the panamera but it is a pure 4 seater and quite big. Great car though, used they are a good deal. The new jags are fun too (with the big engines) and great interiors.
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
I think the Audi 7 series look like a carp. Ugly in the extreme. Test drive a tesla. I'm really liking them and they are a fun drive. I'm a Porsche guy and my wife loves the panamera but it is a pure 4 seater and quite big. Great car though, used they are a good deal. The new jags are fun too (with the big engines) and great interiors.
I'm the opposite. I think the Audi 7 is sweet looking. Porsche on the other hand is my least favorite sports car. Don't like the lines and it's always seemed like an old guy car to me.
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
I think the Audi 7 series look like a carp. Ugly in the extreme. Test drive a tesla. I'm really liking them and they are a fun drive. I'm a Porsche guy and my wife loves the panamera but it is a pure 4 seater and quite big. Great car though, used they are a good deal. The new jags are fun too (with the big engines) and great interiors.
I'm the opposite. I think the Audi 7 is sweet looking. Porsche on the other hand is my least favorite sports car. Don't like the lines and it's always seemed like an old guy car to me.

Fully in agreement with Rob on this one... the A7 is flat-out hideous... for the most part, I am a big audi fan- I much prefer the a4 to the c class, the a8 to the s class, and the a5 to the clk. plus, across the whole portfolio, audi interiors set the bar when it comes to german cars. the one exception looks-wise is the cls to the a7... the cls looks so much better.
Also in agreement with Rob on the Tesla... simply a great car.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
×
×
×
×