What BEER are you drinking?

quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
Introduced some co-workers to Rogue Dead Guy last night before the Chicago offline. They loved it.


One of my favorite breweries. I've never had a beer from them I didn't enjoy (though I would have to share the bottle on more than a few of them. Maple Bacon comes to mind).
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
Introduced some co-workers to Rogue Dead Guy last night before the Chicago offline. They loved it.


One of my favorite breweries. I've never had a beer from them I didn't enjoy (though I would have to share the bottle on more than a few of them. Maple Bacon comes to mind).


Absolutely hated the Maple Bacon, but have loved everything else.

Drank a few Goose Island Winter Ale last night.
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
Introduced some co-workers to Rogue Dead Guy last night before the Chicago offline. They loved it.


One of my favorite breweries. I've never had a beer from them I didn't enjoy (though I would have to share the bottle on more than a few of them. Maple Bacon comes to mind).


Absolutely hated the Maple Bacon, but have loved everything else.


I had some of this Voodoo Doughnut Maple Bacon while tailgating at a Northwestern game last season with Vino Me and Lady Vino Me. My wife loved it, but I just threw up in my mouth again at the thought of it.
quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
Introduced some co-workers to Rogue Dead Guy last night before the Chicago offline. They loved it.


One of my favorite breweries. I've never had a beer from them I didn't enjoy (though I would have to share the bottle on more than a few of them. Maple Bacon comes to mind).


Absolutely hated the Maple Bacon, but have loved everything else.


I had some of this Voodoo Doughnut Maple Bacon while tailgating at a Northwestern game last season with Vino Me and Lady Vino Me. My wife loved it, but I just threw up in my mouth again at the thought of it.

Perhaps you have to pair it with the actual Voodoo bacon maple bars?
quote:
Originally posted by marcb7:
quote:
Originally posted by jorgerunfrombulls:
quote:
Originally posted by TallGirl:
Half pints of .. Beau's Winterbrew (coffee amber), Beyond The Pale's pink fuzz (grapefruit wheat), Ashton Brewing Co.'s vanilla porter.


Sorry if this has already been covered, but how tall are you, exactly??



I believe she is half pint size if I remember correctly Smile

what ^^ he said. Smile

i get asked that question on every thread i post. i should've called myself 'halfpint'.

to stick with the theme .. i tried the red racer ipa again .. just not a fan.
quote:
Originally posted by Qhdeputy:
Gouden Carolus Cuvée Van de Keizer (brewed once a year on 2/24 on the birthday of Charles the V)

Ayinger Weizen-Bock

Get Anker "Lucifer"



QHDeputy - I just got introduced to this not too long ago from the guys @ Charleston Beer Exchange when I was in Charleston for work. This beer is truly a masterpiece!
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
quote:
Originally posted by TallGirl:
i should've called myself 'halfpint'.


You can change your username anytime you like by updating your profile. Just sayin'.


I wasn't too sure after the first two sips, but it grew on me rather fast. I had to buy a couple more.
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
quote:
Originally posted by TallGirl:
i should've called myself 'halfpint'.


You can change your username anytime you like by updating your profile. Just sayin'.

done - halfpint it is. thanks for the tip, VinT.

gosh i hope this doesn't confuse people.
During AZ beer week here in AZ the owner of Firestone walker and Brewer were in town and brought two special barrels with them.

They are starting to brew some Sours and these barrels were their first attempts apparently.

Both were the Firestone Walker double dba that they've aged in barrel with added brettanomyces. One was aged an extra couple years. Only ten of these barrels even exist they said.

Both were solid efforts and being a Sour beer guy I'm looking forward to more brewers going this way.

Still have yet to find anything to come close the the Sours from RRB however.

Anyone else have any suggestions for favorite sours they know of or have tried and liked?

I also enjoy the Lips of Faith series sours.
quote:


Anyone else have any suggestions for favorite sours they know of or have tried and liked?



You might enjoy some of Jolly Pumpkin's sours. They are one of the few I've had that IMO have a good selection and are almost/at par with RRB, great in their own signature way. Cantillon if you can find it (other Lambics like Drie Fonteinen). Firestone recently built a hub 100% dedicated to brewing sours and I can't imagine they won't be world class if they are anything like their reserve series brews (Parabola, DDBA, Sucaba, etc)
The New Belgium Lips of Faith Sours showed up today in my market.

Tried the La Folie last year and enjoyed it; still not in the same ballpark as the RRB Sours however.

Looking forward to trying this one as well. $15.49 for a 22oz... Ouch!
quote:

You might enjoy some of Jolly Pumpkin's sours. They are one of the few I've had that IMO have a good selection and are almost/at par with RRB, great in their own signature way.


Looks like there is some Jolly Pumpkin local here that I can grab. Thanks for the recommendation. I'll give it a try.
quote:
Originally posted by NolanE:
quote:
Originally posted by NewOrleansWinosaur:
Just tried the Lazy Magnolia Saison. Not impressed.
Do you typically enjoy saisons?


Yes, yes I do. It wasn't what I look for in a Saison. It was like an entry-level Saison. Not enough citrus, spice, or green herb notes. Lacking finish.

Now, the Stillwater Stateside Saison and Saison Dupont... Banana
Thanks. We just returned from California and I bought back some Almanac Honey Saison. Absolutely awful stuff.

Seek out the Jester King saisons if you have them in your market. The Das Uberkind is awesome, and the Das Wunderkind is the sour version of the Uberkind.
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:
Today I had Bell's Midwest Pale Ale and Lagunitas Sucks. Bell's was OK, but I loved the Lagunitas. It might be my new favorite beer.


+1

Tonight:

- Lagunitas Sucks (Incredible beer...giving Pliny a run for its money!)

- Dogfish Head "Noble Rot"
quote:
Originally posted by Shane T.:
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:
Today I had Bell's Midwest Pale Ale and Lagunitas Sucks. Bell's was OK, but I loved the Lagunitas. It might be my new favorite beer.


+1

Tonight:

- Lagunitas Sucks (Incredible beer...giving Pliny a run for its money!)

- Dogfish Head "Noble Rot"


I like the Lagunitas Sucks, but I thought the Bell's HopSlam was much cleaner, and certainly closer to giving Pliny any competition than the Lagunitas. Nice beer, nonetheless.

I didn't like the Noble Rot, and I'm a big fan of DF.


Last night I had a Dogfish Head Immort Ale. I had this on tap about a month ago and loved it. I've had three bottles now in as many days and am not enjoying them. I get a weird chicory / burnt chipotle note that's nagging me. I'm not sure if I just didn't pick up on it when I had it on tap, or if it was more subtle.
I thought the same of the Immort Ale. Nothing I'd buy again and the description sounded better than it was. I had DFG 120 minute for the first time, a whole pint! Wow and Banana talk about a 1 beer buzz.

I've been having Palate Wrecker on tap a bit lately, great really hoppy beer and very balanced. Good malt backbone. One of my recent favorites. There are so many great double/imperial IPAs lately I don't seek Pliny as much as I used to unless it's right there on the shelf or I happen to be at the brewpub and buy a case.
Avery Maharaja DIPA (Boulder, CO)

Clear orange color. Resiny with lots of tropical fruits and pine. Not much of that lovely floral, refershing hop aroma or flavor that I crave. Surprisingly light carbonation. Not my cup of....beer (tea).

Add Reply

Likes (0)
×
×
×
×