quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
Fullers London Pride from a fresh cask today at lunch.

I see their brewery everytime I take a taxi in from Heathrow. I've always wanted to stop and see if there is anything that they do special there. Be back in a couple of weeks so might see if that works.
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
Everybody seems to go for the heavier, full-flavored beers. Not me. I don't drink much beer, but I go for crisp and thirst-quenching, mostly golden beers.

I go through phases, right now being an Oktoberfest kick, and I'd say my favorite widely distributed one is Great Lakes. I grow cascade hops and love me some take-the-enamel-off-your-teeth hoppiness during the summer, and this winter I'll get back to stouts, porters and scotch ales.

But through out the year, I'll often agree completely with Board-O: if I'm drinking beer, give me a well-made pilsner, and the more crisp the better: Paulaner Munich and Pilsner Urquell, Capital Bavarian Lager and New Glarus Edel-Pils (Wisconsin craft breweries) and a Pils from local Bull Falls Brewery.
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
Everybody seems to go for the heavier, full-flavored beers. Not me. I don't drink much beer, but I go for crisp and thirst-quenching, mostly golden beers.

There's a time and place for each. There are days when nothing beats a great (and by definition, somewhat heavy) Weissbier....most notably, over lunch while skiing...
What's the deal with Yuengling? I think it's very average, but I guess they've done an excellent job of marketing.

The thing that drives me crazy is that since they market themselves as "Yuengling Lager" the dumb average consumer now thinks that a Lager is something special when the majority of mass produced beers are Lagers/Pilsners. Budweiser responded with their "Great American Lager" campaign and I recently saw that Michelob has new packaging with Lager prominantly displayed as the largest word on the box, even bigger than Michelob.

Personally I love just about any style and brand of beer from IPAs to Stouts and Porters and just about everything in between and I definitely enjoy a nice cold Budweiser or Coors Banquet, just keep the light/lite/ultra stuff or anything fruity far away from me.
quote:
Originally posted by MTvino:
What's the deal with Yuengling? I think it's very average, but I guess they've done an excellent job of marketing.

Yuengling is terrible. I've yet to have a good "lager" from the U.S., and the only U.S. Pilsener (technically, also a lager) I've liked is Victory's Prima Pils.
[/QUOTE] Victory's Prima Pils [/QUOTE]

Do you know if that is what K and L has in stock in Hollywood?

I had a Sam's Octoberfest on tap prior to watching the Hapless Dodgers get beat by the almost as-Hapless Padres... At least the beer adn the pizza were good.
quote:
Originally posted by Brashley:
quote:
Originally posted by Whine-oh:
quote:
Victory's Prima Pils

Do you know if that is what K and L has in stock in Hollywood?

Indeed, it is. Smile

They have some fun stuff. I have enjoyed some of their recommendations.. just what I need, too travel to LA to pick beer too! Wink
Right now though mid-spring is my favorite time for beer. What I will usually drink are the following:

Samuel Smith Imperial Stout
Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout
Samuel Smith Taddy Porter
Fuller's London Porter
Young's Double Chocolate Stout
Young's Oatmeal Stout
Meantime London Porter

As for the domestic route:

Shipyard Blue Fin Stout
Shipyard Imperial Porter
Samuel Adams Imperial Stout
Anchor Steam Porter
Black Butte Porter

There are others as well,

as of now I am enjoying the last bottle of Shipyard Export.

Add Reply

Likes (0)