Skip to main content

spo--

Thanks for the links...I can't believe I've never drank this before. I greatly admire their refusal to pasteurize or to reseed with sterile yeast. The corn starch guys are obvious at first taste...but I haven't got the discerning palate to detect differences between Weissen with retained yeast and those being reseeded. Nice to know there are breweries out there committed to the essence of the Reinheitsgebot as much as to the mandate itself.

Will be searching this one out. Thanks again!
Just might do that. I had an incredible Rauchbier experience in Nuernberg about a year ago, a dinner at a shared table with what were complete strangers at first, but turned out to be an expat from Texas and his German bride. WILD! And the bier--incredible! My first, and to date (very sadly), only Rauchbier experience. It's simply not available in this area, as I suspect no one prefers it here. Anyway, this has nothing to do with Mahr's or Weisse, but you mentioned Bamberg, and I got excited. It's definitely on my list of musts before we have to leave. As are so many other places...
Incredibly, I was able to find some more Bell's Hopslam. This is just incredible beer. There is a huge piney/citrus component that the hops lends to this. It has a really nice nose and, like a lot of good white wines, the taste clearly improves when it warms a bit. While this is $18 to $19 per 6 pack, the experience is clearly worth it. Anybody that loves beer needs to try this at some point during their lives. Smile
Over the past few nights:

Stone Levitation Ale - this was good, but think I would like to try the Pale Ale
Jolly Pumpkin Oro de Calabaza - OK, not as sour as I had expected. Didn't get much sour at all, really. Not sure how much I could drink
Goose Island Sofie - liked this, but probably still like Matilda better
Brooklyn Lager - only had one, need to try again to figure out if I really like it or not
quote:
Originally posted by big and red:
Love the Stone Cali- Belgie IPA Cool


It was pretty good, but I really liked the El Camino (Un) Real Black Ale I had Saturday. The description almost scared me off as it was brewed with fennel seed, chia seed & pink peppercorns, with mission figs added. This thing was black as night, but boy was it good. The 9.5% alcohol kicked my ass though - I don't know how many I could have finished.

Still have a Stone Imperial Russian Stout to try. It looks like it might be a meal in itself.
quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:
quote:
Originally posted by big and red:
Love the Stone Cali- Belgie IPA Cool


It was pretty good, but I really liked the El Camino (Un) Real Black Ale I had Saturday. The description almost scared me off as it was brewed with fennel seed, chia seed & pink peppercorns, with mission figs added. This thing was black as night, but boy was it good. The 9.5% alcohol kicked my ass though - I don't know how many I could have finished.


I just purchased a bottle of this last night, but have yet to drink it. I think "El Camino" is part of the beer's name; it's a collaboration brew between Firestone, Stone, and 21st Amendment. It was brewed and bottled by Stone. The figs in the description kinda scared me, but I was too damn curious to pass it up. very happy to hear that you thought it was good.

had some Oskar Blues - Dale's Pale Ale and some Kronenbourg 1664 last night. Smile
quote:
Originally posted by Brashley:


I just purchased a bottle of this last night, but have yet to drink it. I think "El Camino" is part of the beer's name; it's a collaboration brew between Firestone, Stone, and 21st Amendment. It was brewed and bottled by Stone. The figs in the description kinda scared me, but I was too damn curious to pass it up. very happy to hear that you thought it was good.


It's definitely a Stone product - and I loved it. Like I said elsewhere, it is dark as night and the alcohol is huge.
quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:
quote:
Originally posted by Brashley:


I just purchased a bottle of this last night, but have yet to drink it. I think "El Camino" is part of the beer's name; it's a collaboration brew between Firestone, Stone, and 21st Amendment. It was brewed and bottled by Stone. The figs in the description kinda scared me, but I was too damn curious to pass it up. very happy to hear that you thought it was good.


It's definitely a Stone product - and I loved it. Like I said elsewhere, it is dark as night and the alcohol is huge.


after reading your comment I held the bottle up to a light: absolutley impossible to see through! do you have an opinion on what some bottle age may do for this beer?
my wife likes and drinks it, there is a white ale in the fridge for this afternoon. Big Grin Cool

quote:
Originally posted by Powell Yang:
Interestingly, there is no mention of Hitachino on this thread or the entire forum, according to the search function anyway.

Just got my delivery of Hitachino While Ale, Hitachino Espresso Stout, and Hitachino XH.
quote:
Originally posted by Powell Yang:
Interestingly, there is no mention of Hitachino on this thread or the entire forum, according to the search function anyway.

Just got my delivery of Hitachino While Ale, Hitachino Espresso Stout, and Hitachino XH.


Hitachino White Ale is amazing! We always order the big bottle and it never disappoints. Then we order another one. Smile Be sure to also try the Red Rice.

Been drinking La Chouffe lately. It's different than the other blondes, with much more character.
quote:
Originally posted by TBird:
my wife likes and drinks it, there is a white ale in the fridge for this afternoon. Big Grin Cool

quote:
Originally posted by Powell Yang:
Interestingly, there is no mention of Hitachino on this thread or the entire forum, according to the search function anyway.

Just got my delivery of Hitachino While Ale, Hitachino Espresso Stout, and Hitachino XH.
I have had the white but prefer Blanche de Chambly
yesterday(from what i can remember):
sixpoints brownstone
slyfox pikland pilsner
avery karma ale
rogues john john juniper
captain lawrence smoked porter
victory hop devil
climax esb
slyfox odyssey
ithica flower power
sixpoints rightous rye

then i left barcade and watched the yankees game with a few blue point toasted lagers.

what day is today?

Add Reply

Post
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×