What BEER are you drinking?

quote:
Originally posted by gmbdds:
Stone Brewing Co. just became available in Omaha within the last couple of weeks. What do you guys like from their lineup? I picked up a four pack of Oaked Arrogant Bastard today.


I live about 45 min. from their brewery. It's a cool place.

As far as the lineup goes, the Lucky Bastard is my favorite. But...it's a seasonal release.

For the regularly available brews, I like the "Sumblimely Self Righteous Ale" & the "Cali Belgique IPA." They have a bunch of collaboration beers with other breweries that are good too. Not sure what all is available in Omaha, but the beer is at a friendly enough price to allow for experimenting.
quote:
Originally posted by gmbdds:
Stone Brewing Co. just became available in Omaha within the last couple of weeks. What do you guys like from their lineup? I picked up a four pack of Oaked Arrogant Bastard today.


If you like me big you'll probably like the Ruination. When I'm in the mood there's not much better out there for the price as far as DIPA's go.
quote:
Originally posted by gmbdds:
Shane,

There are already six or seven options available. I'll look into more detail. Thanks.

T Dub,

I noticed the Ruination today and will check it out. Thanks.


I think their regular IPA is really good. Its not over hopped like many new releases. Its a well made beer.
quote:
Originally posted by Qhdeputy:
quote:
Originally posted by mneeley490:
Elysian --The Great Pumpkin Imperial Pumpkin Ale
I didn't care for it at first, but it's starting to grow on me. Maybe it's the 8% talking...


Is this different than the "Night Owl"?

Haven't tried the Night Owl. Is it pumpkin flavored also?
quote:
Originally posted by mneeley490:
quote:
Originally posted by Qhdeputy:
quote:
Originally posted by mneeley490:
Elysian --The Great Pumpkin Imperial Pumpkin Ale
I didn't care for it at first, but it's starting to grow on me. Maybe it's the 8% talking...


Is this different than the "Night Owl"?

Haven't tried the Night Owl. Is it pumpkin flavored also?


Yes. I love it. Weird that they would have two different ones.
Panil Barriquée

It's an Italian lambic sour. Quite oaky and vinous it tasted much to much like really really spoiled wine to be anything close to enjoyable.

We were hop picking yesterday and as one of the friends/slave laborers is a wonderful chef but allergic to the hops vines he did a deconstructed beer ice cream medley. Malt ice cream, yeast ice cream (with brown sugar) and hop ice cream where he made a tea out of some of the fuggles hops we were picking. They were pretty outstanding.
quote:
Originally posted by mpls wine guy:
Hacker-Pschorr Oktoberfest.


I went to a new place that had this on draft, and I really wanted to try it, so I ordered one.

Of course, they come back and tell me that they are out.

So I had a Brooklyn Octoberfest instead.
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
Interestingly, the atom smasher had been my favorite in their lineup the last couple of years. I've had it on tap twice from this year's batch and didn't care much for it.


Tried another Atom Smasher last night and it was OK. I'd like to have tried it in previous years to see what you're talking about.

Also had a Whole Hog Pumpkin Ale last night. I don't generally go for a flavored beer like this, but Mrs. TLV loves her pumpkin ales this time of year. I was actually blown away by how good this was last night. This was the best pumpkin ale I've ever tried, and she's had a lot of them in the house over the years.
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
It is LOT easier to make really good beer at home than it is to make even drinkable wine.

PH


totally.

it doesn't take much skill to make very good beer at home. heck, I make some.

however, it does take skill to make something "unique" or something that's differentiable (bam, new word, Webster's!).

As for wine, it just isn't practical to make at home, IMO. Unless we're talking fruit wines. In which case, I wouldn't be talking to you in the first place. So buzz off.
Unibroue Don de Dieu - the spice makes me like it more than Fin du Monde

Been drinking the following rotation over the past few weeks - all excellent

St Bernardus Abt 12
Weihenstephaner Original
Victory Prima Pils
Ballast Point Sculpin IPA
Sweetwater Blue
Boddington's Pub Ale
quote:
Originally posted by vinole:
Unibroue Don de Dieu - the spice makes me like it more than Fin du Monde

Been drinking the following rotation over the past few weeks - all excellent

St Bernardus Abt 12
Weihenstephaner Original
Victory Prima Pils
Ballast Point Sculpin IPA
Sweetwater Blue
Boddington's Pub Ale


Some very fine beers included in your rotation.
quote:
Originally posted by LBJ2XFinalsMVPisclutch:
Funky Buddha Hop Gun IPA
Funky Buddha Missionary Blonde
Funky Buddha Passion Fruit Berliner - this was excellent. The sweet of the passion fruit meshed perfectly with the sour style of a berliner


Did you drink these at the brewery in Boca? (and no call)
quote:
Originally posted by vinole:
quote:
Originally posted by LBJ2XFinalsMVPisclutch:
Funky Buddha Hop Gun IPA
Funky Buddha Missionary Blonde
Funky Buddha Passion Fruit Berliner - this was excellent. The sweet of the passion fruit meshed perfectly with the sour style of a berliner


Did you drink these at the brewery in Boca? (and no call)


I actually thought of you but we went down to the new big one in Ft Lauderdale.
Last night I attended a Chicago Microbrewery beer dinner at Wildfire in Oakbrook. It was a supplier-hosted event, so it was on their dime and I was technically working. Wink

Below are the courses, beers paired and my Beer of the Night ranking.

Grilled mini Polish and Italian sausages, sauerkraut, carmelized onion, spicy mustard.
Church Street Brewing Heavenly Helles Lager - 2

Jumbo lump crab, shrimp & coconut cocktail with saltry plantain chips.
Half Acre Akari Shogun American Wheat - 4

Korean style BBQ tacos, soy/sake garlic marinated ribeye, kimche, corn tortillas.
Hopothesis IPA - 1

Mustard, fennel & beer braised pork belly.
Revolution Double Fist double pale ale. 3

Cinnamon sugar donuts, salted caramel ice cream, toasted pecan brittle.
Wild Onion Pumpkin Ale - 5

All of the food was delicious and the beers were excellent as well. Fun event.
quote:
Originally posted by Qhdeputy:
quote:
Originally posted by mneeley490:
quote:
Originally posted by Qhdeputy:
quote:
Originally posted by mneeley490:
Elysian --The Great Pumpkin Imperial Pumpkin Ale
I didn't care for it at first, but it's starting to grow on me. Maybe it's the 8% talking...


Is this different than the "Night Owl"?

Haven't tried the Night Owl. Is it pumpkin flavored also?


Yes. I love it. Weird that they would have two different ones.

Tried the Night Owl. I liked it a lot better than the Great Pumpkin.
quote:
Originally posted by mneeley490:
quote:
Originally posted by Qhdeputy:
quote:
Originally posted by mneeley490:
quote:
Originally posted by Qhdeputy:
quote:
Originally posted by mneeley490:
Elysian --The Great Pumpkin Imperial Pumpkin Ale
I didn't care for it at first, but it's starting to grow on me. Maybe it's the 8% talking...


Is this different than the "Night Owl"?

Haven't tried the Night Owl. Is it pumpkin flavored also?


Yes. I love it. Weird that they would have two different ones.

Tried the Night Owl. I liked it a lot better than the Great Pumpkin.


Very good. I picked up some the other day too.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
×
×
×
×