EBwine treated some forumites to some Treehouse IPAs at dinner last week. Julius was in the mix. As someone that does not drink beer all that much, this was a treat
quote:
Originally posted by Parcival:
EBwine treated some forumites to some Treehouse IPAs at dinner last week. Julius was in the mix. As someone that does not drink beer all that much, this was a treat
Yes, truly is a great beer.
Beers by District ChopHouse and Brewery, in DC, during a brief recent trip.

We liked their imperial saison pretty well. Most of the other beers are very average. I don't know for sure, but the lighter styles sure tasted as if they were brewed with city tap water.
Not sure how wide his distribution is, but a buddy of ours has a brewery called Thorn St. Brewery here in SD. They make a Mexican style lager called Barrio Lager. It was the perfect pairing for beaches, grilled fish tacos, and horseshoes/poleish over the glorious sunny San Diego weekend. I'm pretty sure I'll be crushing these in the desert all weekend at Country Coachella (Stagecoach).
A trip to Pure Project Brewing.

My son had to warm up for an hour before his baseball game. What better way to spend that time than sampling some local brew.

La vie en Rosé: Saison with hibiscus and honey. light and refreshing

100s of Money: Session IPA brewed with mosaic hops. Good but nothing special.

Farm Dust: Farmhouse IPA brewed with cashmere and mosaic hops. This rocked. Red guy A+

Desert trip: West coast style IPA: Very interesting nose with balanced hops. Outstanding.

Sign of the Times: "Murky" double IPA brewed with citra and galaxy hops. Not overdone despite 8.8% ABV. Also outstanding.

Pure Project is definitely worth a trip if you ever find yourself in my hood.
While in Charleston over the weekend I had a Westbrook Brewing Co. White Thai. A real nice Witbier that I wish I could get in the Chicago area.
Big Rig Brewery Release The Hounds Black IPA. Very tasty, and like nothing I've had before. Like a cross between Guinness and a hoppy IPA.
Four Fathers Brewing The Starter Session IPA and Wellington Brewery Upside IPA. The Starter’s nice - hoppy but not over the top and at 4% abv pretty crushable on a nice Sunday afternoon.
Lawson's Sip Of Sunshine
Alchemist Heady Topper
Full Sail Imperial Stout Bourbon Barrel Aged brewed 2011 Brewmaster reserve 2013
Firestone Nitro Merlin Milk Stout

Last night from a crowler: Scorched Earth Passion Angel.  They started doing a new crowler weekly where they blend an existing beer with a sour component.  Very refreshing.

First Roquefort 10 in a few years. It used to be a big treat but with the quantity of quality craft beers these days and big trend of huge gravity strong ales, it took about 1/2 of the bottle to adjust and really appreciate it as a great Belgian quad. Great stuff.

Enjoyed a flight of hazy IPA's at At Large Brewing in Everett:

Chicago Typewriter

Hitting on All 6

Clouded Thoughts

Driver Carries No Cash

I think hazy IPA's are probably a fad, but I really like them.

Last edited by mneeley490

Big Rig "Release the Hounds" Black IPA

Blood Brothers "Paradise Lost - Guava" Sour Ale

I like black beers and the Big Rig was fine but under-hopped for an IPA. The Sour Guava was superb.  

Last edited by robsutherland

St. Ambroise Grapefruit IPA

I didn't think I'd like it, but I do. Refreshing after a hard day of fishing.

2 liters of weheinstephaner hefeweissbier dunkel.  

most excellent drink with live music, outdoor seating, a plate of wurst and some pretzels.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.