quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
Hopbot IPA from Hopcity Brewing Co.

I've been trying a lot of local IPAs lately in hopes of finding something similar to my beloved Lagunitas Sucks (no longer available in Ontario) and this is the closest I've found.

You will be reunited with your beloved next Wednesday... or sooner if you want to drop by my office this week. LMK.

Oh wait. I misread this. It’s not your beloved with whom you will be reunited, but her younger, prettier sister. But we won’t tell.
quote:
quote:
quote:
Hopbot IPA from Hopcity Brewing Co.

I've been trying a lot of local IPAs lately in hopes of finding something similar to my beloved Lagunitas Sucks (no longer available in Ontario) and this is the closest I've found.

You will be reunited with your beloved next Wednesday... or sooner if you want to drop by my office this week. LMK.

Oh wait. I misread this. It’s not your beloved with whom you will be reunited, but her younger, prettier sister. But we won’t tell.

Never turn down the younger, prettier sister. Thanks!
quote:
Guiness Hophouse 13. I remember this tasting better when we last had it in the Guiness Tower in Dublin.

Amazing how location and company can make such a difference in your palate. I've opened many a bottle of wine that I bought at a winery, and then wondered .
quote:
Originally posted by mneeley490:
quote:
Guiness Hophouse 13. I remember this tasting better when we last had it in the Guiness Tower in Dublin.

Amazing how location and company can make such a difference in your palate. I've opened many a bottle of wine that I bought at a winery, and then wondered .

Ah, vacation wine. Finger Lakes reds come to mind.
quote:
Originally posted by mneeley490:
quote:
Originally posted by ratso:
So tired of the "Craft" beers. I'll take Amstel anyday. Only the light is available in USA. It has the taste and body of a non-light beer.

Well, I guess somebody's gotta drink it. Wink

So, ratso... Which of the 2700 plus craft brewers wares have you exhausted? If you're tired of them, you've been drinking a lot!

Amstel ≠ beer...

PH
quote:
Originally posted by vinoevelo:
quote:
Prophets and Nomads by Collective Arts. Goses just don’t work for me.

and, as no surprise to you - I love it!

Shocking. Razz

Tonight, also from Collective Arts: Life in the Clouds hazy IPA.
quote:

I generally really like Gose-style beers. My favorite is from Rueben's Brews here in Seattle. When I want something a little puckery, but not necessarily quite as "stuffed" as a true sour, these do nicely. Anderson Valley (IIRC) has a nice, fairly-widely distributed Gose (or are those only sours...I can't remember).
quote:
Originally posted by BRR:
quote:

I generally really like Gose-style beers. My favorite is from Rueben's Brews here in Seattle. When I want something a little puckery, but not necessarily quite as "stuffed" as a true sour, these do nicely. Anderson Valley (IIRC) has a nice, fairly-widely distributed Gose (or are those only sours...I can't remember).

Mmmm, this is where we part ways, my friend. Not too thrilled with sours, or "farm" ales. They both taste like mistakes to me.
Continuing my way through the Collective Arts lineup, last night was IPA No. 5, a seasonal offering billed as a "New England Style Double IPA with Citra and Simcoe Hops". This is right in my wheelhouse. Zesty citrus grapefruit tang and a touch of caramelly malt sweetness to keep it grounded. Felt lighter than the stated 8.2% abv.
quote:
Originally posted by bhauk:
2018 KBS in about 15 minutes. Takes a while for the wagon to get to SD.

I had it a a week or two ago. A brewer gave me one and he must have some sort of industry early bird privilege (I haven't seen it in stores out here yet). I found it to be much richer and almost fudgy than I remember in a really good way. Maybe since it was so fresh. The bottle on date was late Feb. I don't plan on aging any I get. Hope you like.
Zorra Imperial Peanut Stout followed by
Aguamala Abismo Oatmeal Porter

The peanut stout was very interesting. It was a nice stout with a hint of cacahuates japones which are peanuts with a sort of hard flour shell. A very nice break from the norm.

The oatmeal porter (the brewery's website lists it as imperial stout but the bottle says oatmeal porter) weighs in at 11.4% but you'd never know it. It's smooth with a noticeable lack of bitterness (everything you'd expect from an oatmeal) and dangerous.

I'm loving Mexican craft beers right now. Maybe it's because I'm biased towards Mexico or maybe it's because they seem to be making far more dark beers than IPAs which suits me.
quote:
Originally posted by WinoCA:
quote:

I had it a a week or two ago. A brewer gave me one and he must have some sort of industry early bird privilege (I haven't seen it in stores out here yet). I found it to be much richer and almost fudgy than I remember in a really good way. Maybe since it was so fresh. The bottle on date was late Feb. I don't plan on aging any I get. Hope you like.

First sips are delicious, having it on draft now. Will pick up 12 to age a few at least. I have the last 3 years and we do a mini-vertical tasting every spring when the new one comes out.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by WinoCA:
quote:

First sips are delicious, having it on draft now. Will pick up 12 to age a few at least. I have the last 3 years and we do a mini-vertical tasting every spring when the new one comes out.

I had it again (4pack bottled 3/7). I definitely like this stuff almost room temp. It really opens up and the chocolate, coffee flavors come out big time.
quote:
Originally posted by vinoevelo:
quote:

and, as no surprise to you - I love it!

Drank a few of these yesterday watching the Masters. I quite enjoyed them. Favourite Collective Arts offering is the Ransack the Universe IPA.

Add Reply

Likes (0)