Boreale Rousse, an amber lager from Quebec. Not sure where it's available outside Quebec, but it's readily available within the province and it's really good!
Been on a Bearded Iris, 2nd Shift and Stillwater kick of late. Very good beers made from all these breweries.
Lots of small glasses at New Holland and Bell's Breweries in western Michigan. Stars for us were: Tangerine Space Machine at NH.
Oarsman Ale and Expedition Stout at Bell's.
My GF and I definitely preferred Bell's overall.
A gal came into my favorite beer joint last night and asked the pourer, "Do you have any pumpkin beers?"
He said, "Yeah. Last August."

Got me to wondering why that is? Anyway, this year my fave pumpkin rendition is the same as last year. Elysian The Great Pumpkin Imperial Pumpkin Ale.
Recently

Lawson's Sip of Sunshine IPA
Foley Brothers Double Maple Brown
Hill Farmstead, Brown Ale, George
Schilling, Hefeweizen, Ima
Simple Roots, Leaf Peeper English Best

and a few at

TRUE WEST

Ruckus IPA
Isaac APA
Brown Bess
Ha-Czech Pils
quote:
Originally posted by mneeley490:
A gal came into my favorite beer joint last night and asked the pourer, "Do you have any pumpkin beers?"
He said, "Yeah. Last August."

Got me to wondering why that is? Anyway, this year my fave pumpkin rendition is the same as last year. Elysian The Great Pumpkin Imperial Pumpkin Ale.

Interesting article from Forbes on the downfall of pumpkin beer:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/t...rewers/#74994c212573
quote:
Originally posted by PD2K:

I have no problem with the vegetable tasting ones follow the dodo bird. Bottle Logic "Picture if you Will" bourbon barrel aged is the best pumpkin ale I've ever had. Tastes like roasted pumpkin pie with spices and is a little boozy. Thanksgiving in a glass. It's a tough one to find.
quote:
Originally posted by WinoCA:
quote:
Originally posted by PD2K:

I have no problem with the vegetable tasting ones follow the dodo bird. Bottle Logic "Picture if you Will" bourbon barrel aged is the best pumpkin ale I've ever had. Tastes like roasted pumpkin pie with spices and is a little boozy. Thanksgiving in a glass. It's a tough one to find.

Interesting article, especially as it was written a year ago. I, for one, eagerly await the pumpkin arrivals, but I have noticed all the points the writer makes; overproduction, way too early release, etc. (Likewise the Okoberfest brews hitting the shelves in August. Roll Eyes ) It did seem like there were less choices this year. Hopefully, evolution will prevail, and the best ones will remain.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
My daughter and I enjoyed a few Revolver Blood & Honey beers at the Cowboys game today.

That would have been a great game to attend!
quote:
Originally posted by Julie D:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
My daughter and I enjoyed a few Revolver Blood & Honey beers at the Cowboys game today.

That would have been a great game to attend!

It was indeed and I was wondering if you made it to this game.

All the best!
At lunch with friends at my local on a cold rainy day:

Dogfish 75 (probably my favorite draft from Dogfish)

Dogfish Pennsylvania Tuxedo (Pale Ale with some spruce tips added into the mix. Piney. Nice!)

Dogfish Liquid Truth Serum (really lovely with pelletized, powdered, leaf and liquefied hops added after boil. Sessionable and unique)

Jailbreak Big Punisher IPA (this one I am holding responsible for the nap I'm getting ready to take)

Enjoyed with a good butternut squash soup and an open faced meatloaf sandwich.

PH
Bell’s Best Brown
Wrecking Bar Gemmy Stout - stout fans should seek this out
Wrecking Bar Old English Brown Cask - love the smoothness of cask beers.
Recent beers:

The Lost Abbey - Lost and Found Abbey Dubbel
Goose Island Cooper Project Barrel Aged Porter
La Fin Du Monde Belgian Triple Ale
New Belgium Voodoo Ranger Atomic Pumpkin
Allegash Curieux
Revolution Oktoberfest
Kentucky Pumpkin Barrel Ale
Avery Rumkin

The Allegash Curieux is always a favorite, but the Goose Island Cooper was new to me and very good - worth seeking out if you like barrel aged beer.
quote:
Originally posted by Wineplease:
Bottle Logic Red Eye November

How was it? I was up there last week and had a few but that wasn't released yet

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.