Old Tankard Ale, brewed by Pabst.
Eek
This was an extremely pleasant surprise last weekend when we decided last minute to do a tour of the offices and some of the brewery property of Best/Pabst in Milwaukee. Old Tankard was apparently produced in the 30's, 40's and 50's. I'd never heard of it. I guess they test-marketed it last year and decided to start producing again. Per the web site:

"Brewed with 2-row, imported Cara-Munich and Cara-Aroma malts with Nugget, Liberty, Willamette and Cascade hops, this classic American Ale exhibits the fruitiness and maltiness of an extra special bitter."

I bought a 4-pack in WI and brought it back. 5.8 ABV, 35 IBU. Copper color with a malty flavor I like a lot and balanced, crispy hops. I'm glad I stumbled on to this. Worth giving a try.
quote:
Originally posted by indybob:
Floydivision 1 by Three Floyds. A fantastic IPA I found on draft locally.

quote:
Originally posted by PD2K:
Schlafly Pumpkin Ale

Definitely my favorite of the Fall pumpkin brews. Can't imagine a better one.

Agreed. Had a few last night while watching the debate Smile
quote:
Originally posted by indybob:
Floydivision 1 by Three Floyds. A fantastic IPA I found on draft locally.

quote:
Originally posted by PD2K:
Schlafly Pumpkin Ale

Definitely my favorite of the Fall pumpkin brews. Can't imagine a better one.

My wife loves Pumpkin Ale, but I pretty much hate fruit in my beer. She pulled a fast one on me this past weekend and gave me a bottle of Scorched Earth Crypt Keeper Imperial Pumpkin Porter, conveniently not telling me the "Pumpkin" part of the equation. It was fantastic.
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
The Princess Wears Girl Pants | Sawdust City Brewing Co.

It's like there's an arms race to come up with the most outrageous beer name ever.

The labels can be interesting, too.
Click
We were in a store in Louisville two years ago. My wife saw a bomber of this and said I had to get it. Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
The Princess Wears Girl Pants | Sawdust City Brewing Co.

It's like there's an arms race to come up with the most outrageous beer name ever.

The labels can be interesting, too.
Click
We were in a store in Louisville two years ago. My wife saw a bomber of this and said I had to get it. Big Grin

LMFAO
Went to a local Pub in the Park on Saturday. Some notables were:

Revolution Straight Jacket English Barlywine. This checked in at a whopping 13% alcohol, but I found it to be cloyingly sweet.

Firestone/Three Floyds Ol' Leghorn American Barley wine.

Brooklyn Brewery Brooklyn Sorachi Ace Saison/Farmhouse Ale. Very sour, but refreshing.

Finch's Hardcore Chimera American Double/Imperial IPA. Not an ipa/hop fan, but this was pretty good with some food.

Prairie Kraft Golden Recorder Imperial Pilsner.

Plenty of other breweries there, but obviously didn't try everything poured.
quote:
Originally posted by vinoevelo:
quote:
Originally posted by JDWest:
GLB - Karma Citra

!!!! possibly my favourite beer.... must get down to the brewery.

E. There is a limited run to the LCBO as well. Check your local before heading to the brewery. Just finished the last of my Octopus and picked up two cases of the KC. I'm hoarding GLB beer like its the end of the world!

Add Reply

Likes (0)