Casco Bay Riptide Red Ale (Maine)

The best red ale I've ever had. Many are too malty and have a dull finish. This one is rich and complex, not too malty, with a bright, almost citrusy, finish. Highly recommended.
Founder's Breakfast Stout

Rich and full bodied, but with an exceptionally smooth finish with almost no bitterness commonly found with this style. A top notch stout.
Some very sessionable beers in NYC

Brooklyn Beer Pilsner - 5.1% ABV
Bronx Beer American Pale Ale - 6.1% ABV, 50 IBUs
Lionshead Pilsner - 4.5% ABV
Six Point Sweet Ale - 5.3% ABV, 35 IBUs

Liked the Bronx and the Lionshead the best.
courtesy of max's incredible generosity:
bell's uranus
wicked weed pernicious ipa
anchorage bitter monk DIPA
the bitter monk is one of the best beers i have ever tasted... what a treat.
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
quote:
Originally posted by TPEwinedrinker:

the bitter monk

my nick name when i get too drunk and run around nekid

You sure they weren't saying monkey-dick? Razz
Anheuser Busch just bought another microbrew company, Four Peaks in Arizona. Four Peaks has some good beers, including Kilt Lifter which is popular in the area. They also have several restaurants.
Maui Brewing Company Doppelshot Doublebock - this could also be posted in the coffee thread. If you like coffee, this is the beer for you. I don't.
Saturday night:
Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout Proprietor's - I'm a big fan of this
Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout Rare - this didn't do much for me; too much bourbon flavor and not enough beer
Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout Coffee - pretty coffee forward this year
Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Stout Regal Rye - I couldn't figure this one out, perhaps it needs some time to get straightened out.

I may have had a 2014 regular BCBS as well, but considering all of the above (including multiple servings of Prop), the end of the night was really hazy.

Yesterday:
Pipeworks Ninja vs. Unicorn - this never seems to disappoint me
Goose Island Sofie - could only drink about half of it before realizing I was too hungover from the night before
2015 Goose Island, Bourbon County Stout
2015 Goose Island, Festivity Ale
2015 Dog Fish Head, Higher Math... ?
2013 Full Sail, Imperial Stout Bourbon Barrel Aged
2015 Clown Shoes; Undead Party Crasher american imperial stout (previously Vampire Slayer)
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:
Goose Island Sofie - could only drink about half of it before realizing I was too hungover from the night before

Amateur wuss! Razz
Two Terrapin Brewing specialty beers.

Cinnamon roll'd wake and bake coffee oatmeal imperial stout

Tiramisu-hoo imperial chocolate milk stout brewed with cocoa nibs

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.