Not Your Father's Rootbeer has been the story of the summer for us. It is amazing, we get a truck load in and it sells out in two days (1.300 cases). We are holding our breath that this product does not lose its mojo at once and we get stuck with product. For now, we will ride the wave until it ends.
quote:
Originally posted by scbeerman:
Not Your Father's Rootbeer has been the story of the summer for us. It is amazing, we get a truck load in and it sells out in two days (1.300 cases). We are holding our breath that this product does not lose its mojo at once and we get stuck with product. For now, we will ride the wave until it ends.

It amazes me how crazy people are going over this stuff. But, I hope you sell all of it.
quote:
Originally posted by flop:
quote:
Originally posted by Rothko:
Not a single Bud, Bud Light, Miller, Coors, etc... on this thread.

Does no one drink these mass-produced beers, or is everyone just too embarrassed to admit it?

If given the choice between Bud, Bud Light or Coors, I'll opt for a glass of water.
Ok, I have something to admit. My son's friend left a Coors Light in my fridge from last night. Please don't think less of me, but I think I may drink it. If so, I will post a note tomorrow.
quote:
Originally posted by max:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rothko:

Does no one drink these mass-produced beers, or is everyone just too embarrassed to admit it?

I suppose it would be akin to posting plonk in the 'what are you drinking' threads. Sometimes a lite, gutless beer is refreshing when some OTT craft beer might be a bit much, like at a beach, pool, after mowing the grass, moving, etc. But who's gonna brag about it?

I still enjoy a Coors lite from time to time (or a C-minus, as GlennK so amusing referred to it in a thread a while back) or a Pacifico, or whatever sitting in an ice chest...when it's hot, one craft beer can be too much when 5 Tecates are just right.
quote:
Originally posted by Jabe11:
quote:
Originally posted by max:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Rothko:

I suppose it would be akin to posting plonk in the 'what are you drinking' threads. Sometimes a lite, gutless beer is refreshing when some OTT craft beer might be a bit much, like at a beach, pool, after mowing the grass, moving, etc. But who's gonna brag about it?

I still enjoy a Coors lite from time to time (or a C-minus, as GlennK so amusing referred to it in a thread a while back) or a Pacifico, or whatever sitting in an ice chest...when it's hot, one craft beer can be too much when 5 Tecates are just right.

Totally agree. I spent a hot, dusty day yesterday helping my mom move a half house's worth of stuff into and out of her storage locker (as in she watched while I moved) and three Coors Banquets hit the spot.
this weekend with the boys:
DeGarde Hose
DeGarde Mosaic Hose
DeGarde Petit Azacca
DeGarde Special Rouge
3 Floyd's Zombie Dust
RRBC Pliny
RRBC Blind Pig
RRBC Supplication
RRBC Consecration
Alchemist Heady Topper
Lawson's Sip of Sunshine
Lawson's Super Session #2
Hill Farmstead Everett Porter
Ballast Point Victory at Sea
Ballast Point Calm Before the Storm
Lost Abbey Red Poppy
Lost Abbey Angel's Share
Lost Abbey Cable Car
Lost Abbey Deliverance
21st Amendment Hell or High Watermelon
Modelo Especial
great beer times
quote:
Originally posted by WinoCA:
This weekend...

RR Supplication
RR Pliny the Elder
Lost Abbey Cuvee de Tomme
Lost Abbey Agave Maria
Alpine Brewery Hoppy Birthday
Figueroa Mountain Lizards Mouth DIPA

Below is a good article and results of a blind tasting of 115 double/imperial IPAs

http://www.pastemagazine.com/a...can-dipa-and-im.html

Go Brooklyn...never heard of Grimm who took both #1 and #4 spots. Will have to check them out Smile
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Did Goose Island stop producing Pere Jacques? Frown

I think it's been a couple years since they've made it. Who knows if it'll come back in some form.

That sucks. Indybob introduced me to this, my favorite of their beers.

I do think their 2013 was the last I had.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Sparty:
quote:
Did Goose Island stop producing Pere Jacques? Frown

I think it's been a couple years since they've made it. Who knows if it'll come back in some form.

That sucks. Indybob introduced me to this, my favorite of their beers.

I do think their 2013 was the last I had.

Another great brewery that AB is running into the ground!
quote:
I think Goose Island produces very good beer.

Some of their beers are still pretty good, the problem is they used to produce Great beer. Read up on the new AB/IB CEO, he's is slashing quality ingredients in all their offerings making him a darling on Wall Street and the bane of microbrew fans everywhere.

Add Reply

Likes (0)