What are you standing?

quote:
Originally posted by SD-Wineaux:
What's up with all of these Canadian 12/12 birthday's? I didn't realize that April was such a swell month for parent's to get busy up in the great white north! Wink


By April so much snow has fallen in parts of Canada that it cannot be removed because there is nowhere to put it. So you can't get out of your driveway and are stuck at home. So, unless there is hockey or curling on TV, there is little else to do!
quote:
Originally posted by eyesintime:
quote:
Originally posted by newsguy:
Cool thread.

Just about to go vertical on a 1995 Beaucastel CdP and a 1997 Dehlinger RRV cab.


Post notes on that 1995 Beaucastel please.


i will post notes on both bottles. will be popping them christmas eve.
quote:
Originally posted by gigabit:
quote:
Originally posted by Shane T.:
Standing until Friday:

- 1989 Cos d'Estournel
- 1992 Dominus

Very nice. Did you open both of them tonight?


Unfortunately, they went back in the racks tonight. I caught a cold...

Both of them are on my short list though.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
1985 Fonseca
1985 Warre
1991 Taylor Vargellas


All for one evening?


Sadly, no. If I knew even three people here who enjoyed port enough to even begin to appreciate them, maybe, but alas, no such luck. We'll open one tomorrow and maybe another before I return to Oakville in a week. Even mrs. bman is no longer the portlover she once was Frown
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by bman:

Even mrs. bman is no longer the portlover she once was Frown


Are you considering upgrading at this position? Eek Wink

Enjoy your holiday season, bman.


I told her what you suggested and she now says she will drink some port this year. Thanks for the assist! Winner

And a happy holiday season to you too! Smile
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by bman:

Even mrs. bman is no longer the portlover she once was Frown


Are you considering upgrading at this position? Eek Wink

Enjoy your holiday season, bman.


I told her what you suggested and she now says she will drink some port this year. Thanks for the assist! Winner

And a happy holiday season to you too! Smile


Let's plan to open wine together this coming year.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by bman:

Even mrs. bman is no longer the portlover she once was Frown


Are you considering upgrading at this position? Eek Wink

Enjoy your holiday season, bman.


I told her what you suggested and she now says she will drink some port this year. Thanks for the assist! Winner

And a happy holiday season to you too! Smile


Let's plan to open wine together this coming year.


That I would love to do! Maybe at, before or after the CDP? Or during a trip to Toronto? I expect that my 2013 travel will be limited to Canada and Europe.
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by bman:

Even mrs. bman is no longer the portlover she once was Frown


Are you considering upgrading at this position? Eek Wink

Enjoy your holiday season, bman.


I told her what you suggested and she now says she will drink some port this year. Thanks for the assist! Winner

And a happy holiday season to you too! Smile


This year ends in 9 days.

I fear M has outsmarted you yet once again, bman. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by bman:

Even mrs. bman is no longer the portlover she once was Frown


Are you considering upgrading at this position? Eek Wink

Enjoy your holiday season, bman.


I told her what you suggested and she now says she will drink some port this year. Thanks for the assist! Winner

And a happy holiday season to you too! Smile


This year ends in 9 days.

I fear M has outsmarted you yet once again, bman. Wink


Sooooooooooooooooooooooo used to it!!! Bow
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
I told her what you suggested and she now says she will drink some port this year. Thanks for the assist! Winner


This year ends in 9 days.

I fear M has outsmarted you yet once again, bman. Wink

I will ensure that a bottle is present next weekend. Cool
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
I told her what you suggested and she now says she will drink some port this year. Thanks for the assist! Winner


This year ends in 9 days.

I fear M has outsmarted you yet once again, bman. Wink

I will ensure that a bottle is present next weekend. Cool



Cool Banana
quote:
Originally posted by indybob:
Bman, Please post if rhe b-e boy rhrows off much sediment. I usually don't mess with standing anything younger than about eight-10 years. But, you never know.


As a matter of fact, there was a little. Or maybe more than a little - I did the Mollydooker shake and didn't finish the bottle so hard to say, but there was some when I decanted it.


Just finished the bottle, and nearly gagged on the sediment in the last sip. Think a 21 year old vintage port and you get the idea!
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:
Originally posted by indybob:
Bman, Please post if rhe b-e boy rhrows off much sediment. I usually don't mess with standing anything younger than about eight-10 years. But, you never know.


As a matter of fact, there was a little. Or maybe more than a little - I did the Mollydooker shake and didn't finish the bottle so hard to say, but there was some when I decanted it.


Just finished the bottle, and nearly gagged on the sediment in the last sip. Think a 21 year old vintage port and you get the idea!


I haven't found anything that throws of sediment like a good Aussie shiraz. Maybe vintage port as mentioned but the Two Hands, mollydookes, Mitolos etc really seem to pile it up moreso than other wines I drink.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
×
×
×
×