Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by bman:

Even mrs. bman is no longer the portlover she once was Frown


Are you considering upgrading at this position? Eek Wink

Enjoy your holiday season, bman.


I told her what you suggested and she now says she will drink some port this year. Thanks for the assist! Winner

And a happy holiday season to you too! Smile
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by bman:

Even mrs. bman is no longer the portlover she once was Frown


Are you considering upgrading at this position? Eek Wink

Enjoy your holiday season, bman.


I told her what you suggested and she now says she will drink some port this year. Thanks for the assist! Winner

And a happy holiday season to you too! Smile


Let's plan to open wine together this coming year.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by bman:

Even mrs. bman is no longer the portlover she once was Frown


Are you considering upgrading at this position? Eek Wink

Enjoy your holiday season, bman.


I told her what you suggested and she now says she will drink some port this year. Thanks for the assist! Winner

And a happy holiday season to you too! Smile


Let's plan to open wine together this coming year.


That I would love to do! Maybe at, before or after the CDP? Or during a trip to Toronto? I expect that my 2013 travel will be limited to Canada and Europe.
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by bman:

Even mrs. bman is no longer the portlover she once was Frown


Are you considering upgrading at this position? Eek Wink

Enjoy your holiday season, bman.


I told her what you suggested and she now says she will drink some port this year. Thanks for the assist! Winner

And a happy holiday season to you too! Smile


This year ends in 9 days.

I fear M has outsmarted you yet once again, bman. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by bman:

Even mrs. bman is no longer the portlover she once was Frown


Are you considering upgrading at this position? Eek Wink

Enjoy your holiday season, bman.


I told her what you suggested and she now says she will drink some port this year. Thanks for the assist! Winner

And a happy holiday season to you too! Smile


This year ends in 9 days.

I fear M has outsmarted you yet once again, bman. Wink


Sooooooooooooooooooooooo used to it!!! Bow
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
I told her what you suggested and she now says she will drink some port this year. Thanks for the assist! Winner


This year ends in 9 days.

I fear M has outsmarted you yet once again, bman. Wink

I will ensure that a bottle is present next weekend. Cool



Cool Banana
quote:
Originally posted by indybob:
Bman, Please post if rhe b-e boy rhrows off much sediment. I usually don't mess with standing anything younger than about eight-10 years. But, you never know.


As a matter of fact, there was a little. Or maybe more than a little - I did the Mollydooker shake and didn't finish the bottle so hard to say, but there was some when I decanted it.


Just finished the bottle, and nearly gagged on the sediment in the last sip. Think a 21 year old vintage port and you get the idea!
Last edited by bman
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:
Originally posted by indybob:
Bman, Please post if rhe b-e boy rhrows off much sediment. I usually don't mess with standing anything younger than about eight-10 years. But, you never know.


As a matter of fact, there was a little. Or maybe more than a little - I did the Mollydooker shake and didn't finish the bottle so hard to say, but there was some when I decanted it.


Just finished the bottle, and nearly gagged on the sediment in the last sip. Think a 21 year old vintage port and you get the idea!


I haven't found anything that throws of sediment like a good Aussie shiraz. Maybe vintage port as mentioned but the Two Hands, mollydookes, Mitolos etc really seem to pile it up moreso than other wines I drink.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
1995 Charles Heidsieck Champagne Blanc des Millénaires


You lay your Champagne down? Razz Wink

Big Grin

OK, alright, it's been standing. But NOW it's standing for a good reason


What is the Vinaigre family opening tonight?

I'll tell you tomorrow. I've no idea yet
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
1995 Charles Heidsieck Champagne Blanc des Millénaires


You lay your Champagne down? Razz Wink

Big Grin

OK, alright, it's been standing. But NOW it's standing for a good reason


What is the Vinaigre family opening tonight?

I'll tell you tomorrow. I've no idea yet


You really are not a type A anymore, are you? Razz
Getting together with Tyee and Lady Tyee for a couple evenings which will include

- H Bolliot Champagne Cuvee Julie
- 2000 Dom Perignon Rose
- 2004 Domaine Weinbach Gewurztraminer Cuvee Laurence
- 1997 Allegrini Amarone
- 2007 Chasseur Pinot Noir Rayhill
- 2008 Dusky Goose Pinot Noir Rambouillet

I'm excited to try a couple of these.
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
Getting together with Tyee and Lady Tyee for a couple evenings which will include

- H Bolliot Champagne Cuvee Julie
- 2000 Dom Perignon Rose
- 2004 Domaine Weinbach Gewurztraminer Cuvee Laurence
- 1997 Allegrini Amarone
- 2007 Chasseur Pinot Noir Rayhill
- 2008 Dusky Goose Pinot Noir Rambouillet

I'm excited to try a couple of these.


Pls be sure to post TNs on the amarone - I still have two bottles of this and am keen to know if I need to drink up or can let it sit a few years more. And of course, pls say hi to Tyee and his Lady!! Cool
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
Easily 1/3 corked for me, unfortunately..... Frown

PH


Their sweet spot for TCA, for sure.


No doubt. I haven't had one for at least 5 years, but my last one was really, really good. Could have had something to do with the surroundings (great friends, last night on a private beach in the Bahamas, perfectly cooked chateaubriand and grilled Bahama lobster) but I think it would have been great regardless!! Cool

PH
Very special occassion. Dinner with friends. Other than family, what can be better?

The wine was fantastic, but I'm holding the remainder for at least 5 years. This was still an infant and would have been mistaken for something from 2006 or younger.

You will definitely be rewarded for holding on despite it's great showing tonight.
quote:
Originally posted by Wineplease:
quote:
Originally posted by Gkapoor:
For dinner tomorrow:

1994 Masseto (magnum)
1990 Angelus
2005 SQN in the crosshair


G, I think the SQN is the 06.
Btw, where is the invite Big Grin
I think I can re-arrange my schedule tomorrow night Big Grin


I will need to rearrange my fragile mental makeup righ now. the masseto and angelus crashed on my garage floor this morning as my wife opened the fridge to get a pair of eggs!!! I had stood then up in the fridge last night so they stay cool during the long drive in the afternoon. Damn SQN was the only one to survive the fall Frown
quote:
Originally posted by Gkapoor:


I will need to rearrange my fragile mental makeup righ now. the masseto and angelus crashed on my garage floor this morning as my wife opened the fridge to get a pair of eggs!!! I had stood then up in the fridge last night so they stay cool during the long drive in the afternoon. Damn SQN was the only one to survive the fall Frown


Eek Eek Eek My condolences...
quote:
Originally posted by Gkapoor:
I will need to rearrange my fragile mental makeup righ now. the masseto and angelus crashed on my garage floor this morning as my wife opened the fridge to get a pair of eggs!!! I had stood then up in the fridge last night so they stay cool during the long drive in the afternoon. Damn SQN was the only one to survive the fall Frown

Wow, sorry to hear that. Frown
quote:
Originally posted by Gkapoor:
quote:
Originally posted by Wineplease:
quote:
Originally posted by Gkapoor:
For dinner tomorrow:

1994 Masseto (magnum)
1990 Angelus
2005 SQN in the crosshair


G, I think the SQN is the 06.
Btw, where is the invite Big Grin
I think I can re-arrange my schedule tomorrow night Big Grin


I will need to rearrange my fragile mental makeup righ now. the masseto and angelus crashed on my garage floor this morning as my wife opened the fridge to get a pair of eggs!!! I had stood then up in the fridge last night so they stay cool during the long drive in the afternoon. Damn SQN was the only one to survive the fall Frown


Grab a straw!

So sorry to hear of this, G. Frown
quote:
Originally posted by Gkapoor:
quote:
Originally posted by Wineplease:
quote:
Originally posted by Gkapoor:
For dinner tomorrow:

1994 Masseto (magnum)
1990 Angelus
2005 SQN in the crosshair


G, I think the SQN is the 06.
Btw, where is the invite Big Grin
I think I can re-arrange my schedule tomorrow night Big Grin


I will need to rearrange my fragile mental makeup righ now. the masseto and angelus crashed on my garage floor this morning as my wife opened the fridge to get a pair of eggs!!! I had stood then up in the fridge last night so they stay cool during the long drive in the afternoon. Damn SQN was the only one to survive the fall Frown


OMG, how does a marriage survive this? Wink
quote:
Originally posted by Merengue:
quote:
Originally posted by Gkapoor:
quote:
Originally posted by Wineplease:
quote:
Originally posted by Gkapoor:
For dinner tomorrow:

1994 Masseto (magnum)
1990 Angelus
2005 SQN in the crosshair


G, I think the SQN is the 06.
Btw, where is the invite Big Grin
I think I can re-arrange my schedule tomorrow night Big Grin


I will need to rearrange my fragile mental makeup righ now. the masseto and angelus crashed on my garage floor this morning as my wife opened the fridge to get a pair of eggs!!! I had stood then up in the fridge last night so they stay cool during the long drive in the afternoon. Damn SQN was the only one to survive the fall Frown


OMG, how does a marriage survive this? Wink


50/50 at best with lots of professional counseling. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by Merengue:
quote:
Originally posted by Gkapoor:
quote:
Originally posted by Wineplease:
quote:
Originally posted by Gkapoor:
For dinner tomorrow:

1994 Masseto (magnum)
1990 Angelus
2005 SQN in the crosshair


G, I think the SQN is the 06.
Btw, where is the invite Big Grin
I think I can re-arrange my schedule tomorrow night Big Grin


I will need to rearrange my fragile mental makeup righ now. the masseto and angelus crashed on my garage floor this morning as my wife opened the fridge to get a pair of eggs!!! I had stood then up in the fridge last night so they stay cool during the long drive in the afternoon. Damn SQN was the only one to survive the fall Frown


OMG, how does a marriage survive this? Wink


50/50 at best with lots of professional counseling. Wink


Counseling smouneling, body shots which can be covered easily does the trick Razz
quote:
Originally posted by Gkapoor:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by Merengue:
quote:
Originally posted by Gkapoor:
quote:
Originally posted by Wineplease:
quote:
Originally posted by Gkapoor:
For dinner tomorrow:

1994 Masseto (magnum)
1990 Angelus
2005 SQN in the crosshair


G, I think the SQN is the 06.
Btw, where is the invite Big Grin
I think I can re-arrange my schedule tomorrow night Big Grin


I will need to rearrange my fragile mental makeup righ now. the masseto and angelus crashed on my garage floor this morning as my wife opened the fridge to get a pair of eggs!!! I had stood then up in the fridge last night so they stay cool during the long drive in the afternoon. Damn SQN was the only one to survive the fall Frown


OMG, how does a marriage survive this? Wink


50/50 at best with lots of professional counseling. Wink


Counseling smouneling, body shots which can be covered easily does the trick Razz



For that price....they had better come with a 'happy ending' Cool
quote:
Originally posted by Gkapoor:
quote:
Originally posted by Wineplease:
quote:
Originally posted by Gkapoor:
For dinner tomorrow:

1994 Masseto (magnum)
1990 Angelus
2005 SQN in the crosshair


G, I think the SQN is the 06.
Btw, where is the invite Big Grin
I think I can re-arrange my schedule tomorrow night Big Grin


I will need to rearrange my fragile mental makeup righ now. the masseto and angelus crashed on my garage floor this morning as my wife opened the fridge to get a pair of eggs!!! I had stood then up in the fridge last night so they stay cool during the long drive in the afternoon. Damn SQN was the only one to survive the fall Frown


Sorry to hear that G.
quote:
Originally posted by Gkapoor:
quote:
Originally posted by Wineplease:
quote:
Originally posted by Gkapoor:
For dinner tomorrow:

1994 Masseto (magnum)
1990 Angelus
2005 SQN in the crosshair


G, I think the SQN is the 06.
Btw, where is the invite Big Grin
I think I can re-arrange my schedule tomorrow night Big Grin


I will need to rearrange my fragile mental makeup righ now. the masseto and angelus crashed on my garage floor this morning as my wife opened the fridge to get a pair of eggs!!! I had stood then up in the fridge last night so they stay cool during the long drive in the afternoon. Damn SQN was the only one to survive the fall Frown


Holy smoke! ONE of those would be a tragedy; I'm not even sure what the correct word is for two.

In sympathy for your plight, I will not eat any eggs for at least the next week.
quote:
Originally posted by marcb7:
quote:
Originally posted by Gkapoor:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by Merengue:
quote:
Originally posted by Gkapoor:
quote:
Originally posted by Wineplease:
quote:
Originally posted by Gkapoor:
For dinner tomorrow:

1994 Masseto (magnum)
1990 Angelus
2005 SQN in the crosshair


G, I think the SQN is the 06.
Btw, where is the invite Big Grin
I think I can re-arrange my schedule tomorrow night Big Grin


I will need to rearrange my fragile mental makeup righ now. the masseto and angelus crashed on my garage floor this morning as my wife opened the fridge to get a pair of eggs!!! I had stood then up in the fridge last night so they stay cool during the long drive in the afternoon. Damn SQN was the only one to survive the fall Frown


OMG, how does a marriage survive this? Wink


50/50 at best with lots of professional counseling. Wink


Counseling smouneling, body shots which can be covered easily does the trick Razz



For that price....they had better come with a 'happy ending' Cool


Condolences and I hope there is a happy ending. Can't blame you for the couple of sips from the floor.
Maybe a couple of years apart. I had bought 2 bottles of the 1966 Mouton in 1978 or 1979. A bottle slid out of a bin and broke. I slurped a taste off the basement floor. A year, two years, whatever later, a bottle of wine slipped out of a top bin and as it fell, I stuck my foot out and broke its fall. It didn't break, and I was feeling proud of myself until I smelled wine and saw a puddle forming. I had prevented the falling bottle from breaking with my foot, but I had deflected onto the next of a bottle in the bottom row. I looked to see which bottle, and to my horror, it was my other bottle of 1966 Mouton.
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
quote:
Originally posted by Dave Canada:
1999 Bollinger RD Magnum
1990 Comte Armand Clos de Epeneaux
1995 Armand Rousseau Clos de la Roche
1994 Chave Hermitage
1995 Chave Hermitage
1994 Dominus Magnum
1996 Beaucastel Vendage Tardives


Very nice. However it seems my invite has been lost in the mail. Smile


Gotta get you down here sometime soon John...
This is the next dinner in our "series" I have a chef coming into cook for us at my place....should be an awesome evening!

Add Reply

Post
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×