quote:
Originally posted by Shane T.:
quote:
Originally posted by patespo1:
1986 Mondavi Reserve Cab Sauv


Nice! Hope it shows well!

I'm standing an '85 Mondavi Reserve CS for Saturday.


I have some early '90s Mondavi Reserve I'll have to keep in mind for Tahoe
quote:
Originally posted by patespo1:
quote:
Originally posted by Shane T.:
quote:
Originally posted by patespo1:
1986 Mondavi Reserve Cab Sauv


Nice! Hope it shows well!

I'm standing an '85 Mondavi Reserve CS for Saturday.


I have some early '90s Mondavi Reserve I'll have to keep in mind for Tahoe


Awesome!

Noticed the '87 Dunn HM's, by the way. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by Shane T.:
quote:
Originally posted by patespo1:
quote:
Originally posted by Shane T.:
quote:
Originally posted by patespo1:
1986 Mondavi Reserve Cab Sauv


Nice! Hope it shows well!

I'm standing an '85 Mondavi Reserve CS for Saturday.


I have some early '90s Mondavi Reserve I'll have to keep in mind for Tahoe


Awesome!

Noticed the '87 Dunn HM's, by the way. Wink


Yeah boy, if I win my bid this week definitely will have one earmarked for Tahoe again. Is it August yet Smile

Drinking the Mondavi tomorrow night, I'll let you know how it shows.
quote:
Originally posted by patespo1:
quote:
Originally posted by Shane T.:
quote:
Originally posted by patespo1:
quote:
Originally posted by Shane T.:
quote:
Originally posted by patespo1:
1986 Mondavi Reserve Cab Sauv


Nice! Hope it shows well!

I'm standing an '85 Mondavi Reserve CS for Saturday.


I have some early '90s Mondavi Reserve I'll have to keep in mind for Tahoe


Awesome!

Noticed the '87 Dunn HM's, by the way. Wink


Yeah boy, if I win my bid this week definitely will have one earmarked for Tahoe again. Is it August yet Smile

Drinking the Mondavi tomorrow night, I'll let you know how it shows.


Resisting the urge to snipe your bid... Razz

If Tahoe is a go, I'll bring one of my magnums.
1981 Penfolds Grange Hermitage

1986 Henschke Mount Edelstone Shiraz

1989 Beaucastel

1993 Chateau Latour

For Saturday diner party. Trying to figure out the best method of service, was thinking to decant them just before diving into them and take it from there.
quote:
Originally posted by DoubleD:
I hope it shows well sunny. I definitely agree it was many years of enjoyment ahead of it but should still be great if it isn't flawed.

It was fantastic, especially after a few hours in the decanter and an hour in the glass. I agree: it has a long life ahead of it. It still drinks young right now.
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
1996 Faiveley Corton-Clos des Cortons Faiveley. Also standing 1996 Domaine des Comtes Lafon Volnay 1er Cru Santenots-Du-Milieu as back up.


Hope and trust the Faiveley won't need a back-up. Looking forward to hearing how that shows; expectations of YUM.
for tonight w/Tyee

- NV Heidsieck Brut Reserve (2008 disgorgement; thought I had finished these years ago but found this one while moving some bottles around; interested to see how it shows, but have a couple of backups ready)
- 2007 Ornellaia
- 2001 Sassicaia
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:


Please tell Tyee hello.



+1


Your greetings were passed on, and reciprocated.

I'll post some notes about the wines we shared in the current 'What Are You Drinking' thread. It was a night with some remarkable wines, and another reminder of how extremely fortunate we all are to be able to live the way we do.
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
another reminder of how extremely fortunate we all are to be able to live the way we do.


Or a reminder of how we are able to occasionally live the way we do but aspire to live that way on a regular basis once we finally win the frickin' lottery..... felix
quote:
Originally posted by bman:


Or a reminder of how we are able to occasionally live the way we do but aspire to live that way on a regular basis once we finally win the frickin' lottery..... felix


It's Feb. 8, and a sunny, balmy 54˚F day here in Vancouver. Crocuses, snowdrops, pussywillows, tulips are starting to blossom all over the place. I'm pretty sure I've already won the frickin' lottery. Smile
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
quote:
Originally posted by bman:


Or a reminder of how we are able to occasionally live the way we do but aspire to live that way on a regular basis once we finally win the frickin' lottery..... felix


It's Feb. 8, and a sunny, balmy 54˚F day here in Vancouver. Crocuses, snowdrops, pussywillows, tulips are starting to blossom all over the place. I'm pretty sure I've already won the frickin' lottery. Smile


Nice. Our other Vancouver friends who live here in KW in the Winter commented to me yesterday how warm its been
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
quote:
Originally posted by bman:


Or a reminder of how we are able to occasionally live the way we do but aspire to live that way on a regular basis once we finally win the frickin' lottery..... felix


It's Feb. 8, and a sunny, balmy 54˚F day here in Vancouver. Crocuses, snowdrops, pussywillows, tulips are starting to blossom all over the place. I'm pretty sure I've already won the frickin' lottery. Smile


Nice. Our other Vancouver friends who live here in KW in the Winter commented to me yesterday how warm its been


Well FWIW, it was 7 degrees (celcius) and lovely when we were in Toronto at the end of last week. A little breezy especially on Yonge Street but still nice enough to walk around town.
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:

Nice. Our other Vancouver friends who live here in KW in the Winter commented to me yesterday how warm its been



You know, it takes a lot of chutzpah to tell people who are native to Florida just how warm it is in Vancouver. Big Grin

I don't think I could ever see myself doing that.
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
Well FWIW, it was 7 degrees (celcius) and lovely when we were in Toronto at the end of last week. A little breezy especially on Yonge Street but still nice enough to walk around town.

Bman, was your dialing finger broken? Or was there another reason you did not let us know you were in town? bunny

Add Reply

Likes (0)
×
×
×
×