Standing for the up-coming guys' trout-fishing trip:

2004 Alban Reva
2006 Saxum Booker
2008 Caymus SS
2011 Brys Estate cab franc
2004 Beaux Freres Vineyard pinot
1997 Penfold's Grange
2005 Mitolo Shiraz Savitar
2000 Leoville Poyferre
2002 Lascombes
2006 La Croix St. Georges Pomerol
2001 Beaucastel
2003 Pegau cuvée reservee
quote:
Originally posted by W-MassWineGuy:
Hi everyone,
New poster to the forums. Looking very forward to an '86 Gruaud Larose tomorrow with some friends!


Welcome!

This wine has yielded a lot of discussion on these boards, along with many other '86 Bordeaux. I hope it shows well for you, and post some notes in the "Tasting Notes" section if you get a chance.
quote:
Originally posted by Gkapoor:
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
quote:
Originally posted by Longboarder:
quote:
Originally posted by Gkapoor:
1997 masseto
1998 masseto
1999 masseto
2001 masseto


Celebration for Madeleine?
yes please Banana


Wink


I cannot wait till Maddie turns one month old to see what is opened. Cool
Had been standing a 1983 Joseph Phelps Cabernet Sauvignon in 3 liter format for a month now in anticipation of Latour67's 70th birthday party which was held last night at Villa Castriotti Restaurant in Memphis. This dinner wasn't necessarily focused on the wines but on the occasion and conversation held within the 20 plus family members and friends in attendance. I brought the 3L of Joseph Phelps because it was the largest format bottle I had and it just seemed to fit the number of people and festive occasion we were having.

The cork that came out of the 83 JP cab came out in two pieces without any crumbling but there were signs of running completely up the sides and to the top of the cork. No signs of seepage though. The wine was still had a great color with just a little sign of bricking on the rim. The nose was a little shy at first but was still showing signs of of brown sugar, herbs and dark, but not overipe fruit. The palate was slightly tired upon pouring but opened up after 10 to fifteen minutes in the glass. There is no mistaken this for a bordeaux because it was all California cab. I believe the large format was definitely on this wines side in this case. Certainly time to drink up since the lively fruits started fading after an hour. Good wine, great evening and absolutely stunning occasion. Blessed to be there to experience it. Ready for number 71 Smile
quote:
Originally posted by max:
Had been standing a 1983 Joseph Phelps Cabernet Sauvignon in 3 liter format for a month now in anticipation of Latour67's 70th birthday party which was held last night at Villa Castriotti Restaurant in Memphis. This dinner wasn't necessarily focused on the wines but on the occasion and conversation held within the 20 plus family members and friends in attendance. I brought the 3L of Joseph Phelps because it was the largest format bottle I had and it just seemed to fit the number of people and festive occasion we were having.

The cork that came out of the 83 JP cab came out in two pieces without any crumbling but there were signs of running completely up the sides and to the top of the cork. No signs of seepage though. The wine was still had a great color with just a little sign of bricking on the rim. The nose was a little shy at first but was still showing signs of of brown sugar, herbs and dark, but not overipe fruit. The palate was slightly tired upon pouring but opened up after 10 to fifteen minutes in the glass. There is no mistaken this for a bordeaux because it was all California cab. I believe the large format was definitely on this wines side in this case. Certainly time to drink up since the lively fruits started fading after an hour. Good wine, great evening and absolutely stunning occasion. Blessed to be there to experience it. Ready for number 71 Smile


max, next time you see Latour, pls pass on best wishes from mrs bman and myself. He is first class.
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:
Originally posted by max:
Had been standing a 1983 Joseph Phelps Cabernet Sauvignon in 3 liter format for a month now in anticipation of Latour67's 70th birthday party which was held last night at Villa Castriotti Restaurant in Memphis. This dinner wasn't necessarily focused on the wines but on the occasion and conversation held within the 20 plus family members and friends in attendance. I brought the 3L of Joseph Phelps because it was the largest format bottle I had and it just seemed to fit the number of people and festive occasion we were having.

The cork that came out of the 83 JP cab came out in two pieces without any crumbling but there were signs of running completely up the sides and to the top of the cork. No signs of seepage though. The wine was still had a great color with just a little sign of bricking on the rim. The nose was a little shy at first but was still showing signs of of brown sugar, herbs and dark, but not overipe fruit. The palate was slightly tired upon pouring but opened up after 10 to fifteen minutes in the glass. There is no mistaken this for a bordeaux because it was all California cab. I believe the large format was definitely on this wines side in this case. Certainly time to drink up since the lively fruits started fading after an hour. Good wine, great evening and absolutely stunning occasion. Blessed to be there to experience it. Ready for number 71 Smile


max, next time you see Latour, pls pass on best wishes from mrs bman and myself. He is first class.
Most certainly will.
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
It was a banner day in our household, and to celebrate with our sons success, we'll be standing 1990 Dom Perignon mag, 1986 Lafite, 2001 Harlan, 2001 Masseto and a 2001 Yquem.
Special wines for very special people and achievements.


Mazel Tov to you and your son Dok!
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
It was a banner day in our household, and to celebrate with our sons success, we'll be standing 1990 Dom Perignon mag, 1986 Lafite, 2001 Harlan, 2001 Masseto and a 2001 Yquem.
Special wines for very special people and achievements.


Nothing is warrants a celebration more than the success of our children. Cool Pls pass on the best wishes of mr and mrs bman!
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
It was a banner day in our household, and to celebrate with our sons success.
Special wines for very special people and achievements.


Nothing warrants celebration more than the success of our children. Cool !Pls pass on the best wishes...

Bravo!
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
It was a banner day in our household, and to celebrate with our sons success, we'll be standing 1990 Dom Perignon mag, 1986 Lafite, 2001 Harlan, 2001 Masseto and a 2001 Yquem.
Special wines for very special people and achievements.


Nothing is warrants a celebration more than the success of our children. Cool Pls pass on the best wishes of mr and mrs bman!


Brother, thanks for the text today about the wonderful news. As you know, we were also holding our breath this time last year with our oldest you shared tapas with recently.

We were looking for a reason to try the 2001 Pingus, and tonight we shall toast E.

Bravo, to you and your entire family, bro.
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
It was a banner day in our household, and to celebrate with our sons success, we'll be standing 1990 Dom Perignon mag, 1986 Lafite, 2001 Harlan, 2001 Masseto and a 2001 Yquem.
Special wines for very special people and achievements.


Congratulations to your son Dok! Hope you have a wonderful celebration.
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
It was a banner day in our household, and to celebrate with our sons success, we'll be standing 1990 Dom Perignon mag, 1986 Lafite, 2001 Harlan, 2001 Masseto and a 2001 Yquem.
Special wines for very special people and achievements.


Congrats DoktaP Winner
Thanks to all for your kind and sentimental thoughts. That's probably one of the greatest assets of this forum. It's ALWAYS been about the people and camaraderie. In most cases, the wine is just an offshoot and an excuse to share things of value and interest.

Some of the most important and resonating words given to me once was " don't be the type of person who knows the price of everything, but the value of nothing".

I value all your friendships.
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
Thanks to all for your kind and sentimental thoughts. That's probably one of the greatest assets of this forum. It's ALWAYS been about the people and camaraderie. In most cases, the wine is just an offshoot and an excuse to share things of value and interest.

Some of the most important and resonating words given to me once was " don't be the type of person who knows the price of everything, but the value of nothing".

I value all your friendships.


So well said. Congratulations to your son. A special bottle soon to continue the celebration.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
×
×
×
×