Quite possibly the most horrific mis-match ever - Bruce Springsteen is singing "Where The Streets Have No Name" while the other 3 members of U2 are playng it. I like the song and I love Bruce, but God DAMN was that awful.

***EDIT***
They went into "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For".
Even worse. Ack
Will Smith's character Hitch needs to slap all 4 of them across the face and tell them to not ever do that again.
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
Quite possibly the most horrific mis-match ever - Bruce Springsteen is singing "Where The Streets Have No Name" while the other 3 members of U2 are playng it. I like the song and I love Bruce, but God DAMN was that awful.

***EDIT***
They went into "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For".
Even worse. Ack
Will Smith's character Hitch needs to slap all 4 of them across the face and tell them to not ever do that again.

Bill-

I watched it with the volume down (while sitting at a bar in DIA) and Bruce looked like he was on the verge of an aneurysm, as usual. Glad I didn't hear it.

Out of curiosity, I googled Springsteen's age - he is 65-years-old. He looks great, but has never sounded great, imo. Smile
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
Quite possibly the most horrific mis-match ever - Bruce Springsteen is singing "Where The Streets Have No Name" while the other 3 members of U2 are playng it. I like the song and I love Bruce, but God DAMN was that awful.

***EDIT***
They went into "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For".
Even worse. Ack
Will Smith's character Hitch needs to slap all 4 of them across the face and tell them to not ever do that again.


I thought he did better on "I still Haven't Found" but that is not saying much.

I love Bruce, but your correctly pointed out that his voice works for HIS music, and not much else.
quote:
Originally posted by vinoevelo:
Bloomfield, Kooper & Stills - Super Session


I had that album. Cool version of Season of the Witch as I recall.

Peter Gabriel
Dave Mason
Pousette-Dart Band
quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:
quote:
Originally posted by vinoevelo:
Bloomfield, Kooper & Stills - Super Session


Cool


didn't you play the hammond on that album? Razz
got in a groove last night...

bill evans - on green dolphin st.
Thelonious Monk with John Coltrane
Chet Baker - Straight form the Heart: the last great concert
Art Blakey Quintet - A Night at Birdland
bill evans - conversations with myself
quote:
Originally posted by vinoevelo:
quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:
quote:
Originally posted by vinoevelo:
Bloomfield, Kooper & Stills - Super Session


Cool


didn't you play the hammond on that album? Razz


No, but I played the Hammond at Woodstock on Cocker's "With a Little Help From My Friends".

Razz
quote:
Originally posted by vinoevelo:
got in a groove last night...

bill evans - on green dolphin st.
Thelonious Monk with John Coltrane
Chet Baker - Straight form the Heart: the last great concert
Art Blakey Quintet - A Night at Birdland
bill evans - conversations with myself


Brilliant.

Speaking of playing, I wish I could play a fraction as well as Evans did. His phrasing and voicings are just stunning. I have transcriptions of a bunch of his stuff, and I can pick my way through Waltz for Debby at about 1/10th actual speed.
quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:
quote:
Originally posted by vinoevelo:
got in a groove last night...

bill evans - on green dolphin st.
Thelonious Monk with John Coltrane
Chet Baker - Straight form the Heart: the last great concert
Art Blakey Quintet - A Night at Birdland
bill evans - conversations with myself


Brilliant.



+1
- First Aid Kit, The Lion's Roar

- The Smashing Pumpkins, Monuments to an Elegy (New album is pretty good, though I liked Oceania better)
Liszt - Piano Etudes based on Paganini's Caprices, on BBC R3. Phenomenal performance, especially considering is was 'live in studio.'
quote:
Originally posted by TPEwinedrinker:
One thing I have learned from this thread- I have ruled out attending any concerts with about 99% of the forumites. Big Grin


it's liek the other shoe thread,

i've learned that i should retire in florida with jburman.
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
quote:
Originally posted by TPEwinedrinker:
One thing I have learned from this thread- I have ruled out attending any concerts with about 99% of the forumites. Big Grin


it's liek the other shoe thread,

i've learned that i should retire in florida with jburman.

Bro- I have seen you after a day of working on Wall Street- no flip flops for you. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by vinoevelo:
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
Eric Clapton - 461 Ocean Blvd.


might be my fave clapton album.

His first bad album. Remember disliking it on first listen in 1974. Sucked then, sucks now.
quote:
Originally posted by ThistlinTom:
quote:
Originally posted by winetarelli:
The Beatles


Who????

Paul McCartney was in the group before Wings.
quote:
Originally posted by The Old Man:
quote:
Originally posted by vinoevelo:
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
Eric Clapton - 461 Ocean Blvd.


might be my fave clapton album.

His first bad album. Remember disliking it on first listen in 1974. Sucked then, sucks now.


You should change your moniker to The Old Troll.
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
quote:
Originally posted by The Old Man:
quote:
Originally posted by vinoevelo:
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
Eric Clapton - 461 Ocean Blvd.


might be my fave clapton album.

His first bad album. Remember disliking it on first listen in 1974. Sucked then, sucks now.


You should change your moniker to The Old Troll.

Nah, he should just change his name back to Mr Cabernet... You remember, that douchebag that said they were leaving the forum for good?
Let's say you really love 461 Ocean Blvd. and think it's Clapton's best album. Why would you care what I think about it? The poster didn't say his feelings were hurt so I think he was handling it OK.
quote:
Originally posted by The Old Man:
Let's say you really love 461 Ocean Blvd. and think it's Clapton's best album. Why would you care what I think about it? The poster didn't say his feelings were hurt so I think he was handling it OK.

Not sure if it was you or Mr Cabernet (not that it makes any diffeence), but any grown man who attends a Rihanna / Katy Perry concert, automatically loses the right to critique others' musical choices.
quote:
Originally posted by TPEwinedrinker:
Not sure if it was you or Mr Cabernet (not that it makes any diffeence), but any grown man who attends a Rihanna / Katy Perry concert, automatically loses the right to critique others' musical choices.

See, now that didn't hurt my feelings, I'm OK here and not shaking with anger.

I don't think I'm the first here to make a negative comment about someone's choice of entertainment. If it makes you feel better consider all my comments to be prefaced with, "In my opinion."

In my opinion Katy Perry sucks.
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Run the Jewels


Eek

PH

Will the obvious imposter please return the keyboard to the real w+a
quote:
Originally posted by KSC02:
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Run the Jewels


Eek

PH

Will the obvious imposter please return the keyboard to the real w+a


Boys, it is all about my mood. Their new release is pretty good. Wink
my wife playing through her new songbook from Frozen. It's for her students I guess. I think I'll need some new headphones.
Hola 2015! Creed Greatest Hits... Why? Because this gold is not yet fully understood let alone appreciated.

God blessed my birth with Catholicism, Jew, Ferality and a touch of Celt to finish me, just me. Watching how faith can be so misrepresented is a 2015 raison d'etre and it starts somewhere.

I chose...Here!
quote:
Originally posted by Captain Cancun:
Hola 2015! Creed Greatest Hits... Why? Because this gold is not yet fully understood let alone appreciated.

God blessed my birth with Catholicism, Jew, Ferality and a touch of Celt to finish me, just me. Watching how faith can be so misrepresented is a 2015 raison d'etre and it starts somewhere.

I chose...Here!


Eek
I am reading Miles' autobiography so have been listening to a bunch of his stuff as it related to what I am reading; a bunch of Bird and Dizzy also.
Woke up with Mr. Roboto in my head which after that was scratched took me to A-Ha and now I'm onto Toto IV.

The Police might be next up in the queue. Or Crowded House, maybe Flock of Seagulls?

Nope Pet Shop Boys. Has to be pet shop boys right after a quick diversion through Tina Turner land for "we don't need another hero".
k.d. lang, Hymns of the 49th Parallel.

Some of you might remember seeing and hearing her closing out the 2010 Olympics with a killer rendition of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah, which is on this album as well. She's got great pipes.
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
k.d. lang, Hymns of the 49th Parallel.
Some of you might remember seeing and hearing her closing out the 2010 Olympics with a killer rendition of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah, which is on this album as well. She's got great pipes.

Her's is the definitive version of Hallelujah. No one else ever needs to attempt it. Please.
quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:
quote:
Originally posted by Seaquam:
k.d. lang, Hymns of the 49th Parallel.
Some of you might remember seeing and hearing her closing out the 2010 Olympics with a killer rendition of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah, which is on this album as well. She's got great pipes.

Her's is the definitive version of Hallelujah. No one else ever needs to attempt it. Please.

+1. I think I remember Cohen saying in an interview that out of hundreds of covers, k.d.'s was the only one he really liked.
quote:
Originally posted by vinoevelo:
quote:
Originally posted by JDWest:
Jurassic 5 - Quality Control


Wow. Love it.


Yup. Not a huge rap/hip hop fan, but these guys kill it. The harmonies and pace of the lyrics are terrific and the 2 djs pull out some really, really funky samples.
Am pleased to be hearing "Enjoy The Silence" by DJ Mike Koglin with John Digweed and Sasha in a techno remix version. Am enjoying it loud... A lot! Cool
Bad Suns "Language & Perspective" Paired with a great Rhone bargain: 2010 Mas des Volques Côtes du Rhône Volcae X
The Replacements - Pleased to Meet Me, Don't Tell a Soul, even All Shook Down and a little bit of Tim. Considered the 'sell out' records but I think they are all pretty good.
quote:
Originally posted by spo:
The Replacements - Pleased to Meet Me, Don't Tell a Soul, even All Shook Down and a little bit of Tim. Considered the 'sell out' records but I think they are all pretty good.


Totally agree. Some may diss "All shook down" but I like that album as well. Along with just about any music Paul Westerberg has made.
Elvis Costello
Joe Jackson

And a fantastic trip down memory lane (listening to Schoolhouse Rock with my boys) - specifically, 3 Is A Magic Number. Cool
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
Handsome Boy Modelling School - So...How's Your Girl?

You just made that up, right?
quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
Handsome Boy Modelling School - So...How's Your Girl?

You just made that up, right?


havent heard that in ages. love it and the lovage: music to make love to your old lady by album too.
quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
Handsome Boy Modelling School - So...How's Your Girl?

You just made that up, right?


Nope. The Truth with Róisín Murphy is one of my favorite songs. The piano loop is Galt MacDermot - Coffee Cold (amazing in its own right).

And yes, lovage: music to make love to your old lady by is a great album. Not a huge Hip Hop fan but I can really dig Trip Hop when the mood strikes.
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
Fleet Foxes


Love them. Robin Pecknold has one of the best voices in the biz. And a great band live.

Used to dance my son to sleep to them when he was a colicky baby. Great memories.
quote:
Originally posted by Bytown Rick:
Supertramp - Even in the Quietest Moments

Rick


One more thing we have in common! Cool

Add Reply

Post