Skip to main content

The Complete Woodstock 3.1

Great bootleg that pulls together every known audio clip from the fest, from the best audio sources, in chronological order. A total of about 25 hours.

It includes almost full sets from nearly every artist including all those that didn't make it into the film or on the soundtrack albums: The Band, Johnny Winter, CCR, Blood, Sweat & Tears, Grateful Dead, etc.
There's a good CD called The Movies Go to the Opera which, as the name suggests, is a compilation of opera pieces that were featured in mostly well-known films. I've been listening to it this morning.

One of the songs is José Carreras singing Nessun Dorma (The Witches of Eastwick), which I love. Pavarotti always got all the accolades for this aria, but to my untrained ear, Carreras does not take a back seat to him at all. Anyway, a most enjoyable collection of opera music. I never tire of listening to this occasionally.
quote:
Originally posted by vinole:
The "all clear" announcement after having to "shelter in place" for 1.5 hrs as some clown decided to send a law firm in our building an envelope with powder in it that turned out to be corn starch. Roll Eyes

At times likes these, don't you just wish that you had a "DEXTER" in your city to help right these wrongs!?
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:
Yea Yea Yeas

TPE's favorite band! I saw them last year when they opened for the Unpronounceable Trinities.

If You're talking about the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, I saw them at the Kool House a couple of times. Great live, great on CD, just great all round.

No I was talking about Yea Yea Yeas -- trinitynzxt's favourite band. Wink

They're like Yeah Yeah Yeahs, but they're one "H" shorter.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
quote:
Yea Yea Yeas

TPE's favorite band! I saw them last year when they opened for the Unpronounceable Trinities.

If You're talking about the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, I saw them at the Kool House a couple of times. Great live, great on CD, just great all round.

No I was talking about Yea Yea Yeas -- trinitynzxt's favourite band. Wink

They're like Yeah Yeah Yeahs, but they're one "H" shorter.

I guess a little less breathy at the end of their songs?
My in-laws don't really listen to music, so most of the toon-age has been happening in the ride with the petite cd case...
Dick's pick's #3 today on the way to Legoland and back...Sugaree and Franklin's Tower tested the limits of the speakers and my kids ear drums
A lot of KSDS, Jazz 88
Handel sonatas for violin and continuo, not to be confused with the trio sonatas
SRV...Vino bevo would be proud...loud, as always
But really, anything to get the Frozen soundtrack out of my head...I think I know all of the word to Let it go.
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
Dave Edmunds - DE 7th

BTW, Congratz on hitting 10000 posts.

Half of which are in this thread! Razz Bow Banana

Wise guy. Not half, but definitely a few. There must be a way to use the search function to determine how many times one has posted on a thread? Confused
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
quote:
Dave Edmunds - DE 7th

BTW, Congratz on hitting 10000 posts.

Half of which are in this thread! Razz Bow Banana

Wise guy. Not half, but definitely a few. There must be a way to use the search function to determine how many times one has posted on a thread? Confused

So flattered that Steve thinks I am wise..... Winner Roll Eyes
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
Originally posted by Vino Bevo:
Several Flogging Molly CDs

Fist bump, brother! Winner

There is an Irish festival at a riverfront music venue in my town, and the headliners are The Tossers. Great weather on tap. I may be drinking a pint or five o' the black stuff! Cool

Sounds likes a great way to send the day - enjoy!
quote:
Originally posted by The Old Man:
quote:
Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band - Safe As Milk

Bought Trout Mask Replica in 1969.

Big Grin Sounds like you have about 10 years on me.