quote:
yeah but, are you following him there? i'm not.


I haven't listened to his show for 10 years.

Satellite radio is definitely something I am considering though. Commercial free music and talk is worth $12 a month to me right now. I have friends who love it.
quote:
Originally posted by Hunter:
quote:
yeah but, are you following him there? i'm not.


I haven't listened to his show for 10 years.

Satellite radio is definitely something I am considering though. Commercial free music and talk is worth $12 a month to me right now. I have friends who love it.


hummmmm. i, up to this point, have not listened to anything but talk radio(in the past 10 years or so). the state of music radio in los angeles was quite grim. i assumed the same would be here? but pay for radio? in a few years, maybe i will become that desperate. no disrespect intended towards those who are more insightful than me.

so, do we get tom leykis out here? frosty heidi and frank?

klsx
quote:
Originally posted by Hunter:
quote:
I saw that guy on the O'Reilly Factor. Those two sure got into it.


I like O'Reilly, but he appeared dorky and out of touch talking with Howard Stern (especially obvious since they are almost the same age and grew up 5 miles from each other). Stern came off as pretty charming and a shrewd business man who knows exactly what he is doing.

I guess he does: $200 mil Eek


Hunter, O'Reilly amazes me. One minute he will say something that I am in total agreement with then he will say something that completly irritates me. I thought Stern was being a jerk about the coffee mugs, breif cases and whatever crap O'Reilly is selling. I was impressed O'Reilly gives the proceeds to charity, he did not seem like the type to me. In short he often appears dorky and out of touch, but somehow I still like him. Stern has made a lot of money with the worse taste possible. I have seen Stern degrade way too many people to really like him.

TBird, Are you still involved with Mojo Rib despite your change of location? I have heard of musicians collaborating on cds and parts of albums being recorded in different parts of the country or in different countries alltogether. Technology in the modern age I guess. What is the status of your band?
quote:
Originally posted by spo1977:
TBird, Are you still involved with Mojo Rib despite your change of location? I have heard of musicians collaborating on cds and parts of albums being recorded in different parts of the country or in different countries alltogether. Technology in the modern age I guess. What is the status of your band?


yes, still involved. they are finishing up disc #2("Tectonic") and can hopefully land a tour for spring. samples at http://www.myspace.com/mojorib .
Nothing. I had a chest cold and spent 5 days on the couch. Once well and ambulatory Circuit City no longer had the mp3 player I wanted in stock. I can survive a few days without music.
quote:
Originally posted by Lentini:
DIE, THREAD... DIE!
I agree! And I started this mess. Big Grin

Coheed and Cambria - Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV Volume One
Wynton Marsalis Selections for the Village Vanguard Box Set - Awesome. Except for one New Orleans funeral march sounding tune, every number is great ranging from cool lounge to driving bebop. Really shows off Marsalis' technical prowess.

Miles Davis Quintet The Best of Miles Davis Quintet 1965 - 1968
Canada's CBC television network embarassing themselves by playing anti-Conservative ads with under an hour to vote in our Federal election.

Funny thing is.... the Canadian Government owns the network. Big Grin Roll Eyes

Also listening tothe Leafs losing to the Sens (Hockey). Mad
quote:
Originally posted by basecadet:
Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am That's What I Am Not


Snap!

Also the Buzzcocks - Another Music in a Different Kitchen. Can't stop listening to "Fiction Romance" for some reason.

All of you people are vampires.
quote:
Originally posted by Baird:
Canada's CBC television network embarassing themselves by playing anti-Conservative ads with under an hour to vote in our Federal election.

Funny thing is.... the Canadian Government owns the network. Big Grin Roll Eyes

Also listening tothe Leafs losing to the Sens (Hockey). Mad


Are you voting for Harper?
quote:
Originally posted by KillerB:

Also the Buzzcocks - Another Music in a Different Kitchen. Can't stop listening to "Fiction Romance" for some reason.


I'm that way about some of the tracks from Love Bites: Sixteen Again and ESP.
I'm not sure what the question has to do with wine, but I'm listnening to my dishwasher my wife just stacked full. I live in a small home. Cheers.
quote:
Originally posted by vino rosso:
I'm not sure what the question has to do with wine, but I'm listnening to my dishwasher my wife just stacked full. I live in a small home. Cheers.


Absolutely nothing, off topic posts are neccesary for the health of the board in my opinion. I see you are new here. I would like to refer you to a section of the board that is far more appropriate for your concern of wine relevance.
My husband and are drinking coffee and listening to:

Iggy and the Stooges - Raw Power
Death from Above 1979
Franz Ferdinand - You Could Have it So Much Better
Turandot - Puccini
The Game feat. 50 cent:

Hate it or Love it.

Nothing better than listening to rap music and sippin on cabernet sauvignon.

Perhaps I should be chuggin some cristal too!
quote:
Nothing better than listening to rap music and sippin on cabernet sauvignon.


You have a lot of living to do, my friend...

PH
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:
Nothing better than listening to rap music and sippin on cabernet sauvignon.


You have a lot of living to do, my friend...
PH

While gauche, it's not without basis. 50 cent ain't my bag, but here are my Top 5 "rap" (hip hop, actually) albums I'd happily listen to while drinking wine:

A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders
Madvillain - Madvillainy
DJ Dangermouse w/ Jay-Z - The Grey Album
Kanye West - Late Registration
Common - Be

Expand your horizons, yo.
Some of my favorites were...
Eazy E- Eazy Duz It
Naughty BY Nature- Naughty BY Nature
DJ Quik- Quik is the Name
NWA- Straight Outta Compton
Run DMC- Raising Hell "You Be Illing"
quote:
Expand your horizons, yo.


I have 2 daughters who exposed me to just about every variation of rap & hip hop on the planet. I tried. I just don't get it. Sorry. Interestingly, they've outgrown it now.

I'm listening to a little Charlie Parker, Birth of the Bebop. Cool

PH
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
I just don't get it. Sorry.
PH


doesn't mean others don't.

the datsuns - outta sight/outta mind. produced by john paul jones. who could have pictured that pairing?
quote:
doesn't mean others don't.


Never said they didn't. I'm sure there are people who think there is "nothing better" than the Carpenters and some Yellowtail. No judgement, just lack of understanding.... Confused

PH
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:
doesn't mean others don't.


Never said they didn't. I'm sure there are people who think there is "nothing better" than the Carpenters and some Yellowtail. No judgement, just lack of understanding.... Confused

PH


sorry i misinterpreted "You have a lot of living to do"... music, far less than wine, is COMPLETELY subjective. i know you know this, it just sounded a bit judgemental....
TBird - Agreed that music is much more subective and personal than wine. I guess my comment was somewhat judgemental, but less so as a critique of "G's" tastes, than of the concept that "there's nothing better." There's always something better to listen to or to drink, until you die. Razz Unless you're chugging Cristal, that is.... Eek

Now, listening to a little Oliver "Tuku" Mtukudzi. I am the only one I know who likes it. And I am right! Wink

Oh, and Gentleman farmer...... that was a completely Festiva and cometspider conflagration. I was on the opposite side of the table!! Big Grin

PH
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:
i am drinking oregon pinot and listening to huey lewis


You have a lot of living to do, my friend.....

Wink Big Grin

PH


LOL Big Grin Razz
I have not seen this thread in a while, Judas Priest "Sin After Sin". That NWOBHM discussion made me dig up some neccesary classics, so what if Priest does not qualify as NWOBHM? Smile Wink Big Grin Cool
quote:
Originally posted by grunhauser:
At 6:30 am? You're crazy, man.


he's been down too long in the midnight sea.

lynyrd skynyrd - gimme back my bullets(new "deluxe edition" with 6 "bonus" tracks & a 7 song live dvd from 11/11/1975)
quote:
Originally posted by TexasVines:
oh what's becoming of me Big Grin

Robert Plant...In The Mood

Robert Plant...29 Palms


I listen to "Principal of Moments" sometimes. I have heard that Robert Plant has made alot of great solo albums in the last ten years.
quote:
Originally posted by spo1977:
quote:
Originally posted by GreenDrazi:
T Pain - I'm In Love With a Stripper


Seriously?
Absolutely - reminds me of days past at shoe shows.
quote:
Originally posted by spo1977:
quote:
Originally posted by TexasVines:
oh what's becoming of me Big Grin

Robert Plant...In The Mood

Robert Plant...29 Palms


I listen to "Principal of Moments" sometimes. I have heard that Robert Plant has made alot of great solo albums in the last ten years.


i like the stuff he did right after he started "working" again....from about ~1990


Pat Metheny and Lyle Mays...September 15th

Pat Metheny...Farmer's Trust

Carole King...It's Too Late

Blind Faith...Can't Find My Way Home

all of the above from a GREAT movie...anyone know which one Confused Smile
quote:
Originally posted by grunhauser:
New Pornographers.


Ah-ha, so you don't just listen to that Eurotrash stuff. Big Grin Razz Which CD? The new one? Excellent stuff. Neko Case has a powerful voice.
quote:
Originally posted by Rik:
Does this mean that it's already Frühling over there, Medo?


Unfortunately not - still snowing :/
quote:
Originally posted by tannic bastard:
Neko Case - Fox Confessor Brings The Flood


How is it? I've been meaning to pick it up.
Ministry- "The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste"

A very classy selection Razz. I am not sure what made me dig this one up, but it rocks.
John Cage's - Organic2 / ASLSP Big Grin

(this track will be played in a church somewhere in Germany from 5th sep 2001 till the 4th sep 2640)
quote:
Originally posted by Duojet:
quote:
Originally posted by tannic bastard:
Neko Case - Fox Confessor Brings The Flood


How is it? I've been meaning to pick it up.

Very good. She was doing a few of the songs on it when she was recording Tigers Have Spoken and at her show at the Phoenix in early 2005, so it was nice to finally hear them polished. It's also very short, about 35 min, but I think you can get it for only $12 too. Go get it.
Neil Young "Tonight's The Night" from the live Weld CD. I have a 5-CD random selection from NY, Steve Stills, Stills-Young Band and CSNY Deja Vu.
quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Sanderson:
Neil Young "Tonight's The Night" from the live Weld CD. I have a 5-CD random selection from NY, Steve Stills, Stills-Young Band and CSNY Deja Vu.


got a favorite Neil Young album?
quote:
Originally posted by Numenor:
quote:
Originally posted by tannic bastard:
Iron & Wine | Calexio
In the Reins

good call, that one

thanks, I wish my wine appreciation skills were at the level of my music appreciation skills Wink

Today, it's the Flaming Lips and Jason Collette.
Queensryche's new disc that was released today - Operation Mindcrime II

This was my favorite band 15 years ago and Geoff Tate can stil sing. Pretty good CD so far IMO.
I skimmed several pages of this thread - does no one listen to classical music?!?!?!? Is this the freakin' Budweiser crowd? Celine Dion? The King? Just get the Yellow Tail.
Brahms violin concerto in d op. 77 with Perlman playing ;-)

also, one of my favorites
schubert's string quartet "death and the maiden"
Been listening a lot of Bach recently from the Hanssler edition in my car. Works for violin and basso continuo. Will be moving on to cantatas soon.

Right now on a Friday night:

Skylarking - XTC
I've been listening to lots of classical lately, all from several Baby Einstein CD's. I guess my 2 year old daughter has far more sophisticated music tastes than I do.

At the moment I'm listening to:
Into Battle - Sly and Robbie
tannic bastard,
You have me confused, and I'm afraid of where this is headed.

Listening to: Dave Holland - Prime Directive
The only thing that interests me less than "what are you drinking right now?" is what everyone is listening to right now.
quote:
Originally posted by lrp:
I skimmed several pages of this thread - does no one listen to classical music?!?!?!? Is this the freakin' Budweiser crowd? Celine Dion? The King? Just get the Yellow Tail.
Sure do - back on page 22 I was listening to:
Vaughn Williams - Fantasia on a Theme by Thomas Tallis
quote:
Originally posted by Wine Joe (Vinocritic):
The only thing that interests me less than "what are you drinking right now?" is what everyone is listening to right now.


Then I suggest you don't read this thread and you definitely shouldn't post on it.
quote:
Originally posted by Numenor:
you a fan of bauhaus, tangle?


I remember the group's name, but quite honestly could not tell you what they are known for, or if any of them split off to form other groups. So, the answer is...maybe? There were a lot of groups from the 80's that were doing some good stuff. What music do you recommend of theirs?