quote:
Originally posted by winetarelli:
10th Anniversary "Dream Cast" Les Miserables: In Concert


Bow The best ever of this one I think. The worldwide Jean Valjean's at the end was epic.
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
quote:
Originally posted by winetarelli:
10th Anniversary "Dream Cast" Les Miserables: In Concert


Bow The best ever of this one I think. The worldwide Jean Valjean's at the end was epic.

Ruthie Henshall as Fontine is just a revalation in it as well.
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
Handsome Boy Modelling School - So...How's Your Girl?
I was just listening to their other album "White People" the other day. Good stuff.
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
The Incompetent-in-Chief.


I'm not one to put "lol" on anything, but that comment caught me off guard and made me giggle a bit.


While I'm here, I'm listening to the not-so-new Gaslight Anthem album.
quote:
Originally posted by Azwiese:
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
The Incompetent-in-Chief.


I'm not one to put "lol" on anything, but that comment caught me off guard and made me giggle a bit.


While I'm here, I'm listening to the not-so-new Gaslight Anthem album.


Made me cry, but I live in the U.S.
quote:
Originally posted by aphilla:
The Barber of Seville

Along with Rigoletto, one of my favorite italian operas. But then, it is quite a crowd pleaser.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
David Lindley.

Nice. I've managed to see him in concert a few times, once with jj cale.
quote:
Originally posted by Jabe11:
quote:
Originally posted by aphilla:
The Barber of Seville

Along with Rigoletto, one of my favorite italian operas. But then, it is quite a crowd pleaser.


I have Rigoletto in my season schedule this year. I'm looking forward to it. I think it's the 3rd time I will have seen it.
quote:
Originally posted by Jabe11:
quote:
Originally posted by aphilla:
The Barber of Seville

Along with Rigoletto, one of my favorite italian operas. But then, it is quite a crowd pleaser.

I'm a sucker for La Traviata. That and The Barber of Seville. Then again, I cannot hear Barber overture and not think of Loony Tunes.
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
The Del Vikings


Nice! This was the genre that first got me into music as I would listen to all my dad's old reel-to-reels - Buddy Holly, The Platters, Everly Brothers, Chuck Berry, and so many others. Great time for music!
quote:
Originally posted by winetarelli:
I cannot hear Barber overture and not think of Loony Tues.

How true!
Sitting outside on a beautiful crisp morning in Santa Fe listening to Otello drinking my espresso, and the coyotes are going nuts.

Not sure if they like Otello or not. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by Adam10:
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
The Divine Fits


I like.


Yes, especially Shivers.
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
The Divine Fits
Do you have eyebrow piercings, sleeves of tattoos and wear ironic tshirts?
The San Francisco Giants clinching the 2012 Western Division. The game is not over but the clinching is definitely in process. Big Grin

Go Giants.
quote:
Originally posted by NolanE:
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
The Divine Fits
Do you have eyebrow piercings, sleeves of tattoos and wear ironic tshirts?


Too old for that, but we've met so you know that. Music snob. Razz I know it's not your style (i.e. has vocals), but I like it.
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
quote:
Originally posted by NolanE:
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
The Divine Fits
Do you have eyebrow piercings, sleeves of tattoos and wear ironic tshirts?


Too old for that, but we've met so you know that. Music snob. Razz I know it's not your style (i.e. has vocals), but I like it.


Spoon are ace, too.
quote:
Originally posted by Jabe11:
Wayne Toups & zydecajun, blast from the bayou


Great choice! Have thrown back a few cold ones with Wayne and he's one of the nicest guys you'd ever meet. Amazing on the squeeze box...
quote:
Originally posted by Vino Bevo:
quote:
Originally posted by Jabe11:
Wayne Toups & zydecajun, blast from the bayou


Great choice! Have thrown back a few cold ones with Wayne and he's one of the nicest guys you'd ever meet. Amazing on the squeeze box...

Nice anecdote...this is the album that got me hooked on zydeco...back in the mid 80's.
quote:
Originally posted by aphilla:
Adele covering the Cure's love song


Was just listening to her new James Bond track 'Skyfall'....
quote:
Originally posted by Adam10:
quote:
Originally posted by aphilla:
Adele covering the Cure's love song


Was just listening to her new James Bond track 'Skyfall'....


Any good?
quote:
Originally posted by aphilla:
quote:
Originally posted by Adam10:
quote:
Originally posted by aphilla:
Adele covering the Cure's love song


Was just listening to her new James Bond track 'Skyfall'....


Any good?


Yep. Classy like Bassey.
Grouplove "Tongue tied"

I hope there is some hip, edgy, man-child that posts here that knew about this song before it got massive airplay and is pist that other people now know about this song.

Devilish
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Did not see one minute of debate ( recorded) but just walked into hotel and see where CNN poll said Ryan won.

Most post debate polls are showing a decisive win for Biden, which he did. (Although Ryan didn't take two Ambien before the debate, so it wasn't the same type of evisceration that Romney bestowed upon Obama last week.) The biggest issue, though, will be that Biden stopped the Democratic bleeding. Romney's momentum will have ended and it will shift a little back to Obama -- especially because Biden will have lit up the Democratic base which was disheartened by Obama's performance.

At the end of the day, VP debates don't do too much for outcomes. Biden won, but Ryan didn't totally embarrass himself too much with too many undecideds.
I'm listening to a song called "How did politics leak into the music thread?" by Partisan and the Electorates.
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
I'm listening to a song called "How did politics leak into the music thread?" by Partisan and the Electorates.


It's probably bad form to pick on someone else's musical taste, but these guys really suck.
quote:
Originally posted by aphilla:
quote:
Originally posted by VinT:
I'm listening to a song called "How did politics leak into the music thread?" by Partisan and the Electorates.


It's probably bad form to pick on someone else's musical taste, but these guys really suck.


+1 LOL
quote:
Originally posted by spo:
Grouplove "Tongue tied"

I hope there is some hip, edgy, man-child that posts here that knew about this song before it got massive airplay and is pist that other people now know about this song.

Devilish


Harsh! Razz
quote:
Originally posted by ThistlinTom:
Mumford and Sons
I think these guys have a really good concept, but their execution is lacking. I don't understand how they sound so watered down so early in their careers.
quote:
Originally posted by NolanE:
Oren Ambarchi - In The Pendulum's Embrace


Interesting......reminds me of myself trying to tune my guitar! Razz
quote:
Originally posted by xhoser:
quote:
Originally posted by NolanE:
Oren Ambarchi - In The Pendulum's Embrace


Interesting......reminds me of myself trying to tune my guitar! Razz
Hah, yeah a bit. I'm really into minimal stuff these days.
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
Godspeed You Black Emperor - 'Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend!
Just picked up the vinyl version last week. Haven't listened all the way through yet, though.

The Melvins - Houdini
quote:
Originally posted by NolanE:
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
Godspeed You Black Emperor - 'Allelujah! Don't Bend! Ascend!
Just picked up the vinyl version last week. Haven't listened all the way through yet, though.


I picked it up on vinyl also. How do you like the format of the 12" and 7"? They want the listener to sit down and pay attention.

Right now

The Band
I have most GYBE releases on CD and vinyl, and on top of me just preferring vinyl in general, they really make the packaging so that it's very special on vinyl.

If one only has their stuff on CD, they're missing half of the presentation.
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
quote:
Tom waits - nighthawks at the diner


My favourite album of his is Heart of Saturday Night


Tom waits - heart of Saturday night.

Thanks for he reminder dok, it had been a while.
quote:
Originally posted by Adam10:
Alabama Shakes...


You like? I have to admit although I have tried, I do not really care for them and I am from Alabama
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
quote:
Tom waits - nighthawks at the diner


My favourite album of his is Heart of Saturday Night


I can't get past Closing Time.
quote:
Originally posted by Adam10:
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
quote:
Tom waits - nighthawks at the diner


My favourite album of his is Heart of Saturday Night


I can't get past Closing Time.


Not sure what that means? You think his first album is the best and only good one he did? Or you don't like him, period?
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:
quote:
Originally posted by Adam10:
Alabama Shakes...


You like? I have to admit although I have tried, I do not really care for them and I am from Alabama


LOVE them. Hoping to get tickets to the gig in London in a couple weeks at HMV Forum. So bleeding catchy...and the live reviews have been mega, even for non-fans.
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
Not sure what that means? You think his first album is the best and only good one he did? Or you don't like him, period?


I meant I really like it, and due to all the other stuff I listen to, haven't had much time to study subsequent albums (although I have) as much as I'd want to...
quote:
Originally posted by Adam10:
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
Not sure what that means? You think his first album is the best and only good one he did? Or you don't like him, period?


I meant I really like it, and due to all the other stuff I listen to, haven't had much time to study subsequent albums (although I have) as much as I'd want to...


Rain Dogs is a desert island album imho.
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
quote:
Originally posted by Adam10:
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
Not sure what that means? You think his first album is the best and only good one he did? Or you don't like him, period?


I meant I really like it, and due to all the other stuff I listen to, haven't had much time to study subsequent albums (although I have) as much as I'd want to...


Rain Dogs is a desert island album imho.


I'll make note. That would be a good thread. Five albums for the island (and a record player with electricity source, of course).
Les Miserables: 10th Anniversary Concert at the Albert Hall.

I feel so embarrassingly pedestrian saying this, but I do think I like the music from Les Mis more than from any other musical.
A talk on internet routing research, and trying to remember why we thought it was a good idea to have a meeting on saturday....
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Carmen, Maria Callas


Oops, I forgot, it is an All French Saturday.

La Damnation de Faust


Nice. When I get home I'm going to start Massenet November. Going to see Werther in the middle of the month.
quote:
Originally posted by aphilla:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Carmen, Maria Callas


Oops, I forgot, it is an All French Saturday.

La Damnation de Faust


Nice. When I get home I'm going to start Massenet November. Going to see Werther in the middle of the month.


Nice!

Would work very well for our all French Saturday.
quote:
Originally posted by Jabe11:
Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee


Saw them (2 sets) at the old Cellar Door in Georgetown on my first date with the mother of my kids. Bought my first blues harp the next day. Fond memories.

PH
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:
Originally posted by Jabe11:
Sonny Terry and Brownie McGhee


Saw them (2 sets) at the old Cellar Door in Georgetown on my first date with the mother of my kids. Bought my first blues harp the next day. Fond memories.

PH

How did you come along with the harp? We'll be featuring as the entertainment at our first offline together.
Good mix from my iphone today. Started with Hey Hey What Can I Do from Led Zeppelin, then The Band, Black Keys, Artic Monkeys, Belle & Sebastian, Faces, Grizzly Bear and now I’m rocking out to Queens of the Stone Age.
quote:
Originally posted by Vinyrd Skynyrd:
The reunited Afghan Whigs, playing live in the studio on KCRW... holy crap they sound good!


Hmmm. Interesting. I saw them on the Gentlemen tour. Loudest concert I've ever been too. Really good too.

Right now

Bob Dylan - The Bootleg Series Vol. 2

Add Reply

Post