Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
This morning I was in the mood to drive fast and listen to really loud rap music. $&$^$ in Paris and h.a.m by Jay z and Kanye blasted this morning while cruising down the tollroad at 115mph. No need for coffee this morning. Smile

I thought you wanted to drive fast?
well, that is about all I could do with other cars around me. you know the traffic in So Cal Smile
Girls night out. Time to blow some dust off of the speakers . . .

AC/DC Back in Black
Tommy Bolin Post Tostee
Boston Foreplay/Long Time
Deep Purple Woman From Tokyo
The Doobie Brothers China Grove
Free Alright Now
Head East Never Been Any Reason
Heart Love Alive
INXS Under The Stairs
Led Zepplin Ramble On
Loggins & Messina Angry Eyes
Mountain Mississippi Queen
R.E.O. Speedwagon Ridin' The Storm Out
Lynyrd Skynyrd Free Bird
Tarney Spencer Band No Time Left To Loose
Billy Squier Lonely Is The Night
Supertramp Sister Moonshine
U2 I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Joe Walsh Rocky Mountain Way
Steve Walsh Every Step Of The Way

Working very well with a 1998 Bethel Heights Pinot Noir.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by gigabit:
Sting - Mercury Falling

I'm a fan of Sting, and wish he did more jazz.

Mrs. Bevo and I are big fans as well - seen him many times live and always puts on a great show.

If you've never seen it, watch the DVD of his concert from his Tuscan home in 2001. Great show and all-star band first of all, but watch the documentary-like piece of the prep for the show and how they dealt with the fact it was planned for and ultimately aired on 9/11. Very interesting and shows another side of him.
quote:
quote:
quote:
This morning I was in the mood to drive fast and listen to really loud rap music. $&$^$ in Paris and h.a.m by Jay z and Kanye blasted this morning while cruising down the tollroad at 115mph. No need for coffee this morning. Smile

I thought you wanted to drive fast?
well, that is about all I could do with other cars around me. you know the traffic in So Cal Smile

I thought about you today Glenn while driving early this morning.

It is not about cruising at 115 mph, it was about how quick one hits 115 mph. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
....and I just took glance to see what she looks like, and......well....um..... isn't she a little bit, uh...how do I say? Chubby? Pretty face, if you like the whole cleft chin thing, but I don't get it so much.

PH

Her style of music is far outside of my preferred genre, but I just am very intrigued with her voice...cleft chin and all Smile Oh, and chubby women need lovin too Banana
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Adam10:
quote:
Anyone listen to the new Leonard Cohen? Rave review in today's Post.

PH

Yes. Meh, but then again, I'm not a big fan in the first place. I think his voice is getting deeper. Might be just me.

The voice isn't why I listen to Cohen. Thanks, though!

PH

My comments were mutually exclusive. Should have said that.
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
Tom Waits - Nighthawks at the Diner

In a previous life, I spent one night in 1980 as a roadie for Tom Waits at Convocation Hall in Toronto. He was unfriendly and unpleasant, and his management was worse. Was paid $50 cash and second dibs on the buffet. The only good thing, besides the $50, was what was left of the pecan pie.
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
The only good thing, besides the $50, was what was left of the pecan pie.

So you had to supply your own Port? Eek

I'd never even heard of the stuff back then! But I did sometimes source the artists' booze for the dressing room and I don't remember ever getting wine.
quote:
quote:
I found the last 2 posts to be good for a chuckle.

Confused

Damn, sorry to be so cryptic w+a! I was struck by the locations of the listeners and what they were each listening to. It was the conjunction of the two posts that struck me funny. The timing was perfect.

PH
quote:
quote:
quote:
I found the last 2 posts to be good for a chuckle.

Confused

Damn, sorry to be so cryptic w+a! I was struck by the locations of the listeners and what they were each listening to. It was the conjunction of the two posts that struck me funny. The timing was perfect.

PH

Big Grin...I did not even notice Jabe11 location.
quote:
Originally posted by vinoevelo:
quote:
Originally posted by NolanE:
Deltron 3030 - Deltron 3030

Classic. Listened to it last weekend in the shop tuning snowboards.
A friend at work let me borrow the album. Unfortunately side D was pressed so far off center it was unlistenable. Will be seeking out a copy for myself though, hopefully the pressing will be better.
quote:
Originally posted by Vino Bevo:
Enjoyed the Bocelli concert last weekend so much I grabbed the CD/DVD of his Central Park show and am listening to Nessun Dorma over and over. Goosebumps!

When I'm elected King, no one will ever be allowed to attempt to sing Nessun Dorma again, but I do understand your enthusiasm. Wink

This song will be heard at my funeral... None shall sleep.