Our house is filled with O Mio Babbino Caro, Ebben? Ne Andro Lontana, Un bel di vedremo and the smell of espresso this fine early morning.
quote:
Originally posted by Vino Bevo:
Wayne Toups - Fish Out of Water

Nice. I had one of his on casette years ago...Toe tapping.
quote:
Originally posted by kingofcool:
quote:
Originally posted by Jabe11:
The Dead, 05-22-77, Pembroke Pines

Glad to see a fellow dead fan. 77 was a great vintage.

2-26-77, San Bernadino, Swing auditorium
Wasn't it though?
quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:
Andrea Bocelli.


We are going to see him live for the first time next month and cannot wait...
This morning I was in the mood to drive fast and listen to really loud rap music. $&$^$ in Paris and h.a.m by Jay z and Kanye blasted this morning while cruising down the tollroad at 115mph. No need for coffee this morning. Smile
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
This morning I was in the mood to drive fast and listen to really loud rap music. $&$^$ in Paris and h.a.m by Jay z and Kanye blasted this morning while cruising down the tollroad at 115mph. No need for coffee this morning. Smile


I thought you wanted to drive fast?
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
This morning I was in the mood to drive fast and listen to really loud rap music. $&$^$ in Paris and h.a.m by Jay z and Kanye blasted this morning while cruising down the tollroad at 115mph. No need for coffee this morning. Smile


I thought you wanted to drive fast?
well, that is about all I could do with other cars around me. you know the traffic in So Cal Smile
You guys are cracking me up today between this and "do it yourself brakes" thread!

I once did 140 mph on 405 south through Irvine only briefly as cars kept getting in my way. That was many years ago when I was younger and less wise.
quote:
Originally posted by kingofcool:
Vine Bevo - Have you heard "Undone" the REK tribute? It's a fantastic album. I highly recommend it.


Appreciate the heads-up! I haven't heard of that one but will be looking for it this weekend...
quote:
Originally posted by DoktaP:
Babies crying.....I'm at the office


I've got that too. Nicholas got his MMR and Chickenpox vaccines on Monday and isn't a happy fellow...
Bob Schneider, one of my local favorites, then Mayer Hawthorne, one of my new favorites. If you like Hall & Oates with maybe a little Motown mixed in check out his song "The Walk".
Girls night out. Time to blow some dust off of the speakers . . .

AC/DC Back in Black
Tommy Bolin Post Tostee
Boston Foreplay/Long Time
Deep Purple Woman From Tokyo
The Doobie Brothers China Grove
Free Alright Now
Head East Never Been Any Reason
Heart Love Alive
INXS Under The Stairs
Led Zepplin Ramble On
Loggins & Messina Angry Eyes
Mountain Mississippi Queen
R.E.O. Speedwagon Ridin' The Storm Out
Lynyrd Skynyrd Free Bird
Tarney Spencer Band No Time Left To Loose
Billy Squier Lonely Is The Night
Supertramp Sister Moonshine
U2 I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For
Joe Walsh Rocky Mountain Way
Steve Walsh Every Step Of The Way

Working very well with a 1998 Bethel Heights Pinot Noir.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by gigabit:
Sting - Mercury Falling


I'm a fan of Sting, and wish he did more jazz.


Mrs. Bevo and I are big fans as well - seen him many times live and always puts on a great show.

If you've never seen it, watch the DVD of his concert from his Tuscan home in 2001. Great show and all-star band first of all, but watch the documentary-like piece of the prep for the show and how they dealt with the fact it was planned for and ultimately aired on 9/11. Very interesting and shows another side of him.
quote:
Originally posted by aphilla:
Steven Tyler trying to sing the national anthem. A capella is hard I guess. Ouch.


Ouch indeed...
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
This morning I was in the mood to drive fast and listen to really loud rap music. $&$^$ in Paris and h.a.m by Jay z and Kanye blasted this morning while cruising down the tollroad at 115mph. No need for coffee this morning. Smile


I thought you wanted to drive fast?
well, that is about all I could do with other cars around me. you know the traffic in So Cal Smile


I thought about you today Glenn while driving early this morning.

It is not about cruising at 115 mph, it was about how quick one hits 115 mph. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by aphilla:
Steven Tyler trying to sing the national anthem. A capella is hard I guess. Ouch.


Guess it's just hard for Tyler cause Chenowith did it without the "ouch" - much easier on the ears and the eyes...
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
It is not about cruising at 115 mph, it was about how quick one hits 115 mph. Wink
Getting there is the fun part for sure!
Thanks to B-man, Adele and I just want to have her sing for me and then have me rip off her..........................

{Edited by Justin Boner}
quote:
Originally posted by Jabe11:
Hot club of cow town, live at the continental club


Love them but hate the fact I never caught them live, especially since they're local.
quote:
Originally posted by NolanE:
Face?

She makes me want to put a shotgun in my mouth.


A HUGE +1.

Every once in a while, someone will change the XM station in the office to one of the mopey- artsy-useless stations that features this depressing person. As soon as one of her songs hits, I make a beeline to the receiver.

PH
....and I just took glance to see what she looks like, and......well....um..... isn't she a little bit, uh...how do I say? Chubby? Pretty face, if you like the whole cleft chin thing, but I don't get it so much.

PH
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
Anyone listen to the new Leonard Cohen? Rave review in today's Post.

PH


I have not, but a Cohen fan.
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
....and I just took glance to see what she looks like, and......well....um..... isn't she a little bit, uh...how do I say? Chubby? Pretty face, if you like the whole cleft chin thing, but I don't get it so much.

PH


Her style of music is far outside of my preferred genre, but I just am very intrigued with her voice...cleft chin and all Smile Oh, and chubby women need lovin too Banana
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
Anyone listen to the new Leonard Cohen? Rave review in today's Post.

PH


Yes. Meh, but then again, I'm not a big fan in the first place. I think his voice is getting deeper. Might be just me.
quote:
Originally posted by Adam10:
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
Anyone listen to the new Leonard Cohen? Rave review in today's Post.

PH


Yes. Meh, but then again, I'm not a big fan in the first place. I think his voice is getting deeper. Might be just me.


The voice isn't why I listen to Cohen. Thanks, though!

PH
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:
Originally posted by Adam10:
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
Anyone listen to the new Leonard Cohen? Rave review in today's Post.

PH


Yes. Meh, but then again, I'm not a big fan in the first place. I think his voice is getting deeper. Might be just me.


The voice isn't why I listen to Cohen. Thanks, though!

PH


My comments were mutually exclusive. Should have said that.
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
Carlene Carter - Musical Shapes

More like Rockpile with Carlene on vocals.


Big Rockpile fan. Recommended?

PH
The "311 Station" on Pandora. Some great music being played.....311, Sublime, Incubus, Chili Peppers, Matisyahu, Slightly Stoopid, Beck..... It's been one of my favorite stations lately.
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
Carlene Carter - Musical Shapes

More like Rockpile with Carlene on vocals.


Big Rockpile fan. Recommended?

PH


That was my first listen, so give me a couple more. I also loved Rockpile, Edmunds and Lowe. The question is, do you like Carlene's voice and song writing? Here's a taste. Damn she was hot.
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
quote:
Originally posted by Pinotlvr:
More Adele
Iron Maiden
Black Sabbath
Toby Keith


That is one hell of a mix! Wink


Yea, ever since the debut of iCloud and iMatch, my shuffle has been quite interesting Smile
Woke up this morning at 4:08, and felt the house should be filled with some originality and authenticness.

Laura Nyro
Leon Russell
Joe Cocker

I also decided I needed a PTO. Cool
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Woke up this morning at 4:08, and felt the house should be filled with some originality and authenticness.

Laura Nyro
Leon Russell
Joe Cocker

I also decided I needed a PTO. Cool


Leon Russell is playing at New Morning in Paris on 19 Mar. Sounds like a perfect place for PTO.
Right now The Stars - Set Yourself on Fire. Before that maybe my favorite band, good for the happy times and good for the dark times... James - Pleased to Meet You.
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
Laid is my favourite.



Must.....leave......low-hanging fruit......alone...... Razz
Michael Bilson playing Mozart Piano Concertos. I have his boxed set and am working my way through them. Just did Nos. 19-21. Awesome
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
Tom Waits - Nighthawks at the Diner


In a previous life, I spent one night in 1980 as a roadie for Tom Waits at Convocation Hall in Toronto. He was unfriendly and unpleasant, and his management was worse. Was paid $50 cash and second dibs on the buffet. The only good thing, besides the $50, was what was left of the pecan pie.
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
The only good thing, besides the $50, was what was left of the pecan pie.


So you had to supply your own Port? Eek
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:
Originally posted by bman:
The only good thing, besides the $50, was what was left of the pecan pie.


So you had to supply your own Port? Eek


I'd never even heard of the stuff back then! But I did sometimes source the artists' booze for the dressing room and I don't remember ever getting wine.
While grabbing my morning coffee this morning I grabbed a CD at Starbucks entitled "Jazz Impressionists" and have it going right now. It's a nice mix of artists (Davis, Mingus, Brubeck, Coltrane, Silver, Ellington and Monk) with work from the 50s and 60s - nice to fill the air in my office on a hectic day!
quote:
Originally posted by mpls wine guy:
Replacements Tim.


Great album. Waitress in the Sky and Here Comes the Regular are Westerberg at his best.
Not right now, but Dr. Dre The Chronic earlier tonight at the gym on a treadmill. Been a while since I've heard it.
I found the last 2 posts to be good for a chuckle.

Currently listening to the new Real Estate album Days.

I don't get the buzz.... Confused It's just so, so.........jangly...... I'll give it another go, but don't think I'm going to be spending a lot of time with this one.

PH
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
I found the last 2 posts to be good for a chuckle.



Confused


Damn, sorry to be so cryptic w+a! I was struck by the locations of the listeners and what they were each listening to. It was the conjunction of the two posts that struck me funny. The timing was perfect.

PH
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
I found the last 2 posts to be good for a chuckle.



Confused


Damn, sorry to be so cryptic w+a! I was struck by the locations of the listeners and what they were each listening to. It was the conjunction of the two posts that struck me funny. The timing was perfect.

PH


Big Grin...I did not even notice Jabe11 location.
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
I found the last 2 posts to be good for a chuckle.

Currently listening to the new Real Estate album Days.

I don't get the buzz.... Confused It's just so, so.........jangly...... I'll give it another go, but don't think I'm going to be spending a lot of time with this one.

PH



I agree. Don't get the hype.
quote:
Originally posted by NolanE:
Deltron 3030 - Deltron 3030


Classic. Listened to it last weekend in the shop tuning snowboards.
quote:
Originally posted by vinoevelo:
quote:
Originally posted by NolanE:
Deltron 3030 - Deltron 3030


Classic. Listened to it last weekend in the shop tuning snowboards.
A friend at work let me borrow the album. Unfortunately side D was pressed so far off center it was unlistenable. Will be seeking out a copy for myself though, hopefully the pressing will be better.
quote:
Originally posted by Ed Bowers [i.e. FlWino]:
Wagner die meistersinger von Nurnburg



Good call. Meistersinger is a nice piece of work. Prompted me to get out my recording. I hope to see it at Lyric this Fall.
quote:
Originally posted by vinoevelo:
Band of gypsies

Me too, Power of Soul is a tour de force, a seminar in tremolo. I had it on vinyl once....
Enjoyed the Bocelli concert last weekend so much I grabbed the CD/DVD of his Central Park show and am listening to Nessun Dorma over and over. Goosebumps!
quote:
Originally posted by Vino Bevo:
Enjoyed the Bocelli concert last weekend so much I grabbed the CD/DVD of his Central Park show and am listening to Nessun Dorma over and over. Goosebumps!


When I'm elected King, no one will ever be allowed to attempt to sing Nessun Dorma again, but I do understand your enthusiasm. Wink

This song will be heard at my funeral... None shall sleep.
Interesting that you have the music pre-arranged for your funeral, as do I. Cool

Mine's a little less dramatic though - those that would be planning know I require Flogging Molly's "If I Ever Leave This World Alive" and everyone has to sing along...
Thelonious Monk - Ruby My Dear

This is one that needs to get added to the other thread on the jazz encyclopedia. This is a great tune!
quote:
Originally posted by Vino Bevo:
Interesting that you have the music pre-arranged for your funeral, as do I.


As did my brother. As his casket was wheeled out of the room, Judy Collins' "Both Sides Now" was played.
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
quote:
Originally posted by Vino Bevo:
Interesting that you have the music pre-arranged for your funeral, as do I.


As did my brother. As his casket was wheeled out of the room, Judy Collins' "Both Sides Now" was played.


I wonder why not the Mitchell version...
Have the player shuffling between Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder and Smokey Robinson right now - not sure why but just in the mood for it...
Van Hunt, the self-titled debut.

This guy could have been a huge neo-soul phenom but each of his successive releases seems to get less & less commercial.
Just received my Psychedelic Furs Original Album Classics 5 CD set in the mail. All the original tracks of their first 5 albums, plus some bonus tracks. Nice pick-up for $17. I really haven't listened to these guys for years (my copies were all on vinyl). It's so much fun re-living the 80's (well, sometimes).

Add Reply