Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:

Curious, how is your weather currently?


Brutally cold the past week or so. Saturday it was a record -22F... without the wind chill factored in! Eek

It's supposed to get a bit better temperature-wise, which will be more than welcome. I love the snow and don't mind it being cold; however, I could definitely do without the ridiculous, multiple day sub-zero cold temps, that's for sure.
quote:
Originally posted by duckfaninmt:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:

Curious, how is your weather currently?


Brutally cold the past week or so. Saturday it was a record -22F... without the wind chill factored in! Eek

It's supposed to get a bit better temperature-wise, which will be more than welcome. I love the snow and don't mind it being cold; however, I could definitely do without the ridiculous, multiple day zub-zero cold temps, that's for sure.


I can not imagine, I really can not.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by duckfaninmt:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:

Curious, how is your weather currently?


Brutally cold the past week or so. Saturday it was a record -22F... without the wind chill factored in! Eek

It's supposed to get a bit better temperature-wise, which will be more than welcome. I love the snow and don't mind it being cold; however, I could definitely do without the ridiculous, multiple day zub-zero cold temps, that's for sure.


I can not imagine, I really can not.


Yeah, the whole notion of "Winter Wonderland" takes on a whole new meaning when it's that cold outside (as in, "I wonder what the hell made me move here!) Wink

Though it was awhile ago, I still remember when I lived in Southern California and "the dead of winter" meant, "Hmmmm... I might need to put on a windbreaker today. Maybe." Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by winetarelli:
Fade to Black, Metallica.

I have NO idea why. I just got the sudden urge to listen to a sing I haven't listened to since I was 13. Weird.



May I suggest next time, just take a walk, a nap, or whatever required until urge passes. Razz Smile


Astral Weeks

Straight through, beginning to end. Better? Big Grin Wink
quote:
Originally posted by winetarelli:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by winetarelli:
Fade to Black, Metallica.

I have NO idea why. I just got the sudden urge to listen to a sing I haven't listened to since I was 13. Weird.



May I suggest next time, just take a walk, a nap, or whatever required until urge passes. Razz Smile


Astral Weeks

Straight through, beginning to end. Better? Big Grin Wink


Nowhere to go but up! Wink
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by winetarelli:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by winetarelli:
Fade to Black, Metallica.

I have NO idea why. I just got the sudden urge to listen to a sing I haven't listened to since I was 13. Weird.



May I suggest next time, just take a walk, a nap, or whatever required until urge passes. Razz Smile


Astral Weeks

Straight through, beginning to end. Better? Big Grin Wink


Nowhere to go but up! Wink


Ok. But you'll admit that is a major 'up'! Big Grin

Actually, as a cohesive pop/rock/folk/whatever album, I think this is easily in my top 10 of all time.
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Madman Across the Water.


Too funny! Pulled out Tumbleweed Connection yesterday for the first time in years.

Today whilst pounding out 5 miles and trying to burn off some of last night's MD offline:

White Stripes - Elephant


ph


Good album to pound out some miles on Smile

Unfortunately, IMO, their last good album.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Big night for Robert Plant at the Grammy Awards.


This , of course, stinks for John Paul Jones and Jimmy Page. And everyone who would like to see Led Zeppelin tour again. It's hard to be ticked at Plant because he's got a lot going on already.

I'm sure all three have all the money they need, but think of all those dollars they could make with a tour. Eek
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
I heard that Robert Plant said, in an acceptance speech, "we used to say this was selling out, but I think it's a good way to spend a Sunday".

I watched it and heard his comment.
I thought he was segwaying into his list of 'Thank you's' that followed (Producers, etc).

Funny to see the comparison between Sir Paul and Plant. One has aged gracefully and the other has clearly partied hard. Smile
quote:
Originally posted by errestaurants:
beethoven, moonlight sonata by Wilhelm Kempff


Great recording! His take on the Pathetique is phenomenal as well.

For me, Beirut. Just got into him / this band. The verdict isn't in yet, but I think I like him / them. It will deffinitely take a little more listening to be sure. Seems like just a bunch of people... maybe Grad students at NYU?... hanging out in the Village making music.

On Letterman last week -- I'd heard of them before but this was the frst time I listened to a complete song of theirs.
quote:
Originally posted by winetarelli:
quote:
Originally posted by errestaurants:
beethoven, moonlight sonata by Wilhelm Kempff


Great recording! His take on the Pathetique is phenomenal as well.

For me, Beirut. Just got into him / this band. The verdict isn't in yet, but I think I like him / them. It will deffinitely take a little more listening to be sure. Seems like just a bunch of people... maybe Grad students at NYU?... hanging out in the Village making music.

On Letterman last week -- I'd heard of them before but this was the frst time I listened to a complete song of theirs.


thanks for the link, that was different. the lead singer looks like John Mayer. I wanted to listen to regis philbin. Smile
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by Primordealsoup:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
The King of the High C's, Pavarotti.


Nessun Dorma- one for the ages.


This will be performed at my funeral. Cool
This is truely one of the greatest songs performed by one of the greatest tenors of our time! I've heard many sing this, just not as well as Luciano.

Listened to more Bocelli-Incanto this morning on the way to work. I love some of these festive classics (Santa Lucia, Funiculi Funicula).
quote:
Originally posted by mneeley490:
quote:
Originally posted by errestaurants:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by errestaurants:
Hank williams Sr.


Really?


yes. what, because i'm not over 40 or 35 or 30 i can't listen to the great hank. Razz

I thought it was mandatory down there... Wink


you put on some hank sr. or cash and my 85 yr old great grandmother goes crazy. her an I start dancing,singing,drinking (weller) Smile
quote:
Originally posted by Dom'n'Vin'sDad:
Elvis Costello and The Attractions....


Do you ever watch his (Costello) program Spectacle?

It is not made in California, so I'm thinking my odds are rather poor! Razz