Originally posted by Jabe11:
Big Brother and the Holding Company, Cheap Thrills

great album

Yep.

Dr. John, Locked down
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
Guided by Voices - Let's Go Eat the Factory

I always wondered if you were guided by voices, especially when it came to your musical taste! Razz (but not your taste in hockey teams.....)
Ha!

Modest Mouse - Good News For People Who Like Bad News

Washington State should be proud of these guys. Brilliant. Nevermind those grunge kids.
Modest Mouse - I listened to them a ton in college. Now every time I hear them it takes me back.

Me, I'm on a big bluegrass kick. Sprinkled in with the new Tallest Man on Earth and White Arrows. Also really enjoy the new Sigur Ros.
quote:
Originally posted by kingofcool:
Me, I'm on a big bluegrass kick.

Not sure if you've heard of them, but if not check out the Carolina Chocolate Drops - caught them recently and really enjoyed.
quote:
Originally posted by kingofcool:
Modest Mouse - I listened to them a ton in college. Now every time I hear them it takes me back.

Eek A quick check of Wikipedia tells me Isaac Brock was born in 1975. So he was 5 when I started college. Not part of my college soundtrack, but they are a great band.
Vino Bevo - I have heard of the Carolina Chocolate Drops. Aside for one or two songs, their new album is very enjoyable.

steve8 - I bring down the average age of the board a good bit, no doubt.
quote:
Originally posted by Jabe11:
Steve Miller

I'm not a big fan, but I've had one of his songs in my head for over a week. "You're the cutest thing that I ever did see...."
Beausoleil, watching the kids while mommy gets her hair done.

Dead, 03-19-77, winterland. Disc 1 has an annoying splice scar, cutting from Jerry's solo on TLEO to the last chorus of Tennesee Jed; the seamless Terrapin/playin/samson/playin on disc 2 recompenses.
quote:
Originally posted by Vino Bevo:
Got a little Dean Martin going while I mix up some pasta - all I need now is a red checker tablecloth. Cool

Como e' bella ce' la luna brille e' strette
strette como e' tutta bella a passeggiare
Sotto il cielo di Roma

Cool

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.