quote:
Originally posted by NolanE:
quote:
Originally posted by khmark7:
Peter Murphy - Ninth
Are you a fan of Bauhaus? They've made it back onto my iPod playlist recently.

I like some of the old Bauhaus, but i think that Peter Murphy was better on his own. Old Love & Rockets were good as well.
quote:
Originally posted by TPEwinedrinker:
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:
I'm guessing Anita Baker.

WTF - no Anthrax???

You guess correctly... Unfortunately, no Anthrax, Aerosmith, Audioslave or Alice in Chains... However, there is some Allman Brothers.

To each their own....

Mine would be

Alkaline Trio
Audioslave
Arcade Fire
the Alarm
Aimee Mann
quote:
quote:

WTF - no Anthrax???

You guess correctly... Unfortunately, no Anthrax, Aerosmith, Audioslave or Alice in Chains... However, there is some Allman Brothers.

Hmmm, not a single Anita Baker song in my collection. I'll have to give her a listen on Pandora.
quote:
Originally posted by SD-Wineaux:
quote:
quote:

WTF - no Anthrax???

Hmmm, not a single Anita Baker song in my collection. I'll have to give her a listen on Pandora.

She has an incredible voice. Her "Rapture" album from 1987 is a classic in my opinion.
Trying out Rhapsody.

Enjoying Powerslave, Somewhere in Time from Iron Maiden.

Too many albums from Judas Priest, from Sad Wings to Ram it Down.

Savatage; Sirens, Dead Winter Dead, Handful of Rain.

A few songs from Kimbra

Yeah Yeah Yeahs It's Blitz

And of course Carly Rae Jespen's Call me Maybe.
quote:
Originally posted by kingofcool:
Modest Mouse - I listened to them a ton in college. Now every time I hear them it takes me back.

Eek A quick check of Wikipedia tells me Isaac Brock was born in 1975. So he was 5 when I started college. Not part of my college soundtrack, but they are a great band.
Beausoleil, watching the kids while mommy gets her hair done.

Dead, 03-19-77, winterland. Disc 1 has an annoying splice scar, cutting from Jerry's solo on TLEO to the last chorus of Tennesee Jed; the seamless Terrapin/playin/samson/playin on disc 2 recompenses.
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
quote:
Modest Mouse - I listened to them a ton in college. Now every time I hear them it takes me back.

Eek A quick check of Wikipedia tells me Isaac Brock was born in 1975. So he was 5 when I started college. Not part of my college soundtrack, but they are a great band.

Funny. I am not a fan of them at all, nor the Decemberists, although I'll admit I was hung up on 16 military wives for a month. Voice winds me up now.
quote:
Originally posted by Adam10:
quote:
quote:

Funny. I am not a fan of them at all, nor the Decemberists, although I'll admit I was hung up on 16 military wives for a month. Voice winds me up now.

Then you have better taste in football than in music. Razz Big Grin

Right now

Spiritualized - Sweet Heart, Sweet Light
quote:
Tom Waits - Rain Dogs

A desert island disc.

Man I love that record. I remember when a friend of mine turned me onto it. I thought, this is nuts. I think on the 2nd listen I was hooked. Lyrics from those songs come to mind all the time.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by aphilla:
quote:
Tom Waits - Rain Dogs

A desert island disc.

Man I love that record.

+1

I still can not think of Waits and not think of his appearance on Fernwood Tonight. Big Grin

I was not aware of that, but thanks to YouTube, I've seen it now. That's hilarious.
Tears for Fears . . . Bad Man's Song & Year of the Knife. Damn good. These have been right under my nose for 23 years and today is the first time that I stumbled across them. How many other gems are in my CD collection that I've never listened to? These songs are on 'The Seeds of Love' CD.
Not usually one for sharing, but I'm procrastinating at work.

Earlier today (at work):

Dungen - 4
Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes
The Allman Brothers - Beginnings
Miles Davis - Bitches Brew

This evening/morning (still at work):

Big L - Lifestylez ov da Poor & Dangerous
Deltron 3030 - Deltron 3030
Dizzee Rascal - Boy in da Corner

Add Reply

Likes (0)