Courtesy of the movie soundtracks thread - Dead Presidents Soundtrack.  Not tha I forgot how good it was, but man I need to get more of this in my life.  again.

jcocktosten posted:

Could someone explain Florence and the Machine to me? Bad music and annoying voice equals yuck to me

Agree except for Dog Days. Great tune.  But why doesn't Florence ever wear pants?  

jcocktosten posted:

Could someone explain Florence and the Machine to me? Bad music and annoying voice equals yuck to me

Agreed.  I’ve listened to her with open ears, but it’s just not for me.

Rothko posted:

Al Stewart

Happens to be a big wine guy and was a regular poster on Parker's board when I followed it years ago.

Sean Rowe

Some pretty good folk songwriting and a powerful and wonderful salt of the earth baritone voice. Perfect rainy day at work music. 

Behind the Wall of Sleep

The Smithereens 

Remembering Pat Dinizio on what would have been his birthday. Great memories of them playing our college parties before hitting it 

steve8 posted:

The Hold Steady - Boys and Girls in America

I spend a lot of time on the deck drinking wine with my good buddy/nextdoor neighbor, and all we do is take turns playing (and then arguing about) songs on Spotify and inevitably he plays a song or two off this album every single time. I’ve learned to enjoy it. Craig Finn is on tour with one of my favorite artists (Brian Fallon). Not sure if they are making it out to Montreal, but it’ll be a great show if you can catch it.

Richard Thompson - 13 Rivers

So far, it's not one of his stronger efforts. Then again, I've only given it one listen and his stuff often sneaks up on you after a few listenings.

Prince- Piano & A Microphone

From the earlier years (1983). Some good previously unreleased tunes from the vault. What a genius. As much as I love his music it makes me melancholy now to listen. Such a loss.

Mendelssohn overtures; Claudio Abbado, London Symphony Orchestra. (Deutsche Gramophone)...  very long time favorite background music (though obviously mood dependent.)

the last shadow puppets - the age of understatement album. it inspires me to write fresh texts for my work

...........................................................................................................................................................    “In wine, there's the truth.” ― Pliny the Elder,                                                                           some assistance with your academic works is needed, feel free to check WriteMyEssayOnline  ...........................................................................................................................................................

Last edited by Rmavobiv

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.